Soxfest thread

witesoxfan

Exactly correct about the 10am seminar. The guy that asked Robin if he had a pulse was out of line, and Hahn's response pretty much was perfect.

Hahn's response was classy and thoughtful but also assertive. He nailed it though. That should also dispell any rumors that Hahn is an Ozzie guy.

The seminars today have been weak. I'm getting ready to leave the Laurence Holmes show right now. This is awful.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 25, 2014 -> 03:04 PM)
My greatest hope is that Dunn hits 25 HR before the All Star Break and then gets traded for a top catching prospect. Then Marty and Greg can continue to make up reasons why we should have dumped Dunn earlier.

If he gets dealt this year can only imagine how that "appreciation" thread will look like

Any transcripts available?

Basically, and Rabbit can back me up on this in case I misqoute...the guy said Ventura did fine in 2012 but wanted to know if he had a pulse in 2013 and if he's really the right guy to be our manager.

Ventura said, "I think I am".

Then Hahn immediately interrupted and said that what you see on tv is a FRACTION of what Robin does, and the fans don't see Robin on the plane or in the clubhouse or before/after the game or behind closed doors, and just because he's not out there making a spectacle of himself or acting fired up, it doesn't mean the message isn't being said and put across behind closed doors, and quite frankly that's the way they like it (Hahn, Sox management).

That last part was in reference, I believe, to the person asking the question who had referenced how Robin was different that Ozzie at the beginning of his question.

The Dunn stuff is just embarrassing.

Edited by Brian26

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 25, 2014 -> 03:04 PM)
My greatest hope is that Dunn hits 25 HR before the All Star Break and then gets traded for a top catching prospect. Then Marty and Greg can continue to make up reasons why we should have dumped Dunn earlier.

Keep dreaming.

This is hilarious, lets all act shocked when common fans are angry at a player who's been vastly overpaid for the past three years and call him out at the one time of the year the fans get to interact in some ways with the players. It would be shocking if they didn't ridicule him in the situation. It's not my cup of tea to do that, but I don't feel bad in the least. Especially not since at the end of the day, he's still making millions to play a game.

I actually agree with Marty in a sense that I'm surprised Dunn hasn't been dumped yet just to appease the casual fan. I do however think Dunn and Konerko can make a solid platoon. But I still don't see how it's going to be flexible to have Konerko, Dunn, De Aza, Viciedo, and Keppinger all on this roster how it currently is.

QUOTE (Paulstar @ Jan 25, 2014 -> 03:50 PM)
This is hilarious, lets all act shocked when common fans are angry at a player who's been vastly overpaid for the past three years and call him out at the one time of the year the fans get to interact in some ways with the players. It would be shocking if they didn't ridicule him in the situation. It's not my cup of tea to do that, but I don't feel bad in the least. Especially not since at the end of the day, he's still making millions to play a game.

I actually agree with Marty in a sense that I'm surprised Dunn hasn't been dumped yet just to appease the casual fan. I do however think Dunn and Konerko can make a solid platoon. But I still don't see how it's going to be flexible to have Konerko, Dunn, De Aza, Viciedo, and Keppinger all on this roster how it currently is.

Olney brought up similar point earlier today, tweets, it is interesting to see how long Sox are gonna run with this log jam of 1B/DH types. He thinks injuries at other positions will force their hand to solve this issue.

What is funny is as bad as Dunn was last year, his OBP and OPS was almost identical to Avasail Garcia's is a White Sox uniform.

I guess expecting people to be classy is a bit much.

Bo Jackson won't get booed out of the Palmer House, but check his White Sox numbers vs. Dunn's.

Edited by Dick Allen

Exactly. And if you are at a fan convention, you are most likely an idiot. Just the way it goes. Players go to those things to hook up with broads.

Let's all act shocked that people can conduct themselves with some class? Well I suppose you are right there.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 25, 2014 -> 04:06 PM)
What is funny is as bad as Dunn was last year, his OBP and OPS was almost identical to Avasail Garcia's is a White Sox uniform.

I guess expecting people to be classy is a bit much.

Bo Jackson won't get booed out of the Palmer House, but check his White Sox numbers vs. Dunn's.

Avi isn't making 15M per year and is only 22. Dunn hasn't had a hip replaced like Bo and Dunn could only dream of being the athlete Bo was. Huge differences!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 25, 2014 -> 04:51 PM)
Let's all act shocked that people can conduct themselves with some class? Well I suppose you are right there.

I'm sorry that everyone who roots for the Sox can't live up to the level of class you apparently have.

Now excuse me while I go cry for Adam Dunn and every ballplayer who has ever been heckled. Those poor bastards, I bet there aren't enough expensive toys and hot females out there to soothe their pain from all those classless fans out there who spend 20 bucks for a hot dog and a beer just to watch them play ball.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Jan 25, 2014 -> 05:29 PM)
Avi isn't making 15M per year and is only 22. Dunn hasn't had a hip replaced like Bo and Dunn could only dream of being the athlete Bo was. Huge differences!

Then why would they want the Sox to release him and pay him for nothing?

Between booing Dunn or cheering when a blockhead said they wanted him gone, and the Ventura pulse comment, White Sox fans have no right to blast other fan bases. Ours is classless.

Buying a ticket to an event shouldn't mean you can now disrespect people without consequence. From many there, it was embarrassing as a White Sox fan. I agree. What is wrong with people?