All Activity
Past hour
-
ALDS game 4, time TBD White Sox vs Cleveland
Just noticed, every team that clinched a spot to the LCS...LA, MIL, and TB did so as the visiting team. Let's break that trend.
-
Big name throwing out first pitch tomorrow
She looks like A.Daddario a bit
-
ALDS game 4, time TBD White Sox vs Cleveland
Not on the roster
-
The Official Scoreboard watching thread
2/5 teams without a WS still in it Padres eliminated Cleveland with the longest standing drought
-
The Official Scoreboard watching thread
Padres really have been through it so far this series. So many things going the Brewers way late.
Today
-
The Official Scoreboard watching thread
Ouch...
-
Big name throwing out first pitch tomorrow
Talk about overhyping this! Belmont who? Total dud of a reveal followed by a total dud of a game. I’m sure he’s a Perfectly Fine actor and I’m glad he’s a big Sox fan, but hardly an A lister…or B lister by Chicago standards.
-
The Official Scoreboard watching thread
It’s always good when the Yankees and Red Sox are both eliminated.
-
ALDS game 4, time TBD White Sox vs Cleveland
Yeah but Hudson shouldn't be pitching right now, he's arm is toast, his velocity is down, and his control is a problem. I would have gone to Hagen to start an inning, I don't like Smith going in with runners on. I even posted at the beginning of Hudson's stint that I don't trust Hudson here...oh well. Hopefully Venable learns to trust only his A relievers and not the back end of the BP guys in high pressure games.
-
ALDS game 4, time TBD White Sox vs Cleveland
The thought was probably that Cleveland struggles against lefties and they had 7-8-9 up that inning. Perfect time to try to steal an inning out of Hudson. Gotta cover 9 innings somehow. Obviously was the wrong call.
-
ALDS game 4, time TBD White Sox vs Cleveland
What I would kill to have more than 1 SP who can go 5+ I have to think Smith is only giving you 1 based on what he threw today and he only went back to back days once this year (the 2nd game being the PCA walk off). I would go with Fedde next and hope he can get you 3, if you are up a couple runs he might be able to get you 4.
-
ALDS game 4, time TBD White Sox vs Cleveland
I will never understand going to Hudson, he's been trash for a while now, why use him? Might as well put Brazoban in too
-
ALDS game 4, time TBD White Sox vs Cleveland
Let's make it Final Four
-
ALDS game 4, time TBD White Sox vs Cleveland
Smith and Kay cover the first three. Hicks comes in and hopefully gives us two. Now you have four innings to cover and it’ll depend on the score at that point. Taylor should be good for a couple. Not sure what Newcomb’s status is. Fedde can be the bridge whenever he is needed.
-
“The 78” + "The Railyard" = the future of the Sox and Fire
....my question is, will these objections by the city council even matter? Do they have any legal mechanism to stop Amtrak from starting this project?
-
Big name throwing out first pitch tomorrow
I'm sure he's a nice guy and a good actor, but who?? Fans aren't obligated to a big name for a first pitch, but it's kind of crazy to hype up a first pitch only for it to be a C-lister. Hope he enjoyed the moment, at least.
-
ALDS game 4, time TBD White Sox vs Cleveland
I think you maybe see another LHP after Smith if Venable's goal remains getting through Kwan twice before the RHP? I'm expecting at least 4 from Hicks and Taylor on the backend, so some combination of Smith, Fedde, and Newcomb/Kay depending on availability to piece together the front half of the game. Limit the walks, make Messick work again, and the home clincher is there for them.
-
ALDS game 4, time TBD White Sox vs Cleveland
There was no play at first
-
ALDS game 4, time TBD White Sox vs Cleveland
Maybe not the right place for this, but I'm missing something? Smith had to tuck and roll to not get clocked by the throw home. Even if he sprinted straight to the bag, I don't think there's a chance for the DP. How many "3-2-1" double plays have we ever seen?
-
ALDS game 4, time TBD White Sox vs Cleveland
8 pm est 7 cst Might be the entire baseball world focusing on Sox/Guardians the next 24-72 hours the way Padres/Brewers is trending. Made it to the final five teams still alive.
-
ALDS game 4, time TBD White Sox vs Cleveland
My expectations for tomorrow: Hagen = 1 Fedde = 3 Newcomb = 1 Hicks = 2 Taylor = 2
-
ALDS game 4, time TBD White Sox vs Cleveland
Expecting: Smith Fedde Hicks Taylor
-
ALDS game 4, time TBD White Sox vs Cleveland
Yeah Hagen was fine. Hudson is the worst guy on your roster. Hagen is a guy you have to let pitch himself into and out of trouble.
-
ALDS game 4, time TBD White Sox vs Cleveland
I agree
-
ALDS game 4, time TBD White Sox vs Cleveland
If he's covering first, it's a DP and he's out of the inning. Don't think he was terrible. Just have seen him better. Probably only has one inning in him.