Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour

  2. 2/5 teams without a WS still in it Padres eliminated Cleveland with the longest standing drought
  3. Padres really have been through it so far this series. So many things going the Brewers way late.
  4. Talk about overhyping this! Belmont who? Total dud of a reveal followed by a total dud of a game. I’m sure he’s a Perfectly Fine actor and I’m glad he’s a big Sox fan, but hardly an A lister…or B lister by Chicago standards.
  5. It’s always good when the Yankees and Red Sox are both eliminated.
  6. Yeah but Hudson shouldn't be pitching right now, he's arm is toast, his velocity is down, and his control is a problem. I would have gone to Hagen to start an inning, I don't like Smith going in with runners on. I even posted at the beginning of Hudson's stint that I don't trust Hudson here...oh well. Hopefully Venable learns to trust only his A relievers and not the back end of the BP guys in high pressure games.
  7. The thought was probably that Cleveland struggles against lefties and they had 7-8-9 up that inning. Perfect time to try to steal an inning out of Hudson. Gotta cover 9 innings somehow. Obviously was the wrong call.
  8. What I would kill to have more than 1 SP who can go 5+ I have to think Smith is only giving you 1 based on what he threw today and he only went back to back days once this year (the 2nd game being the PCA walk off). I would go with Fedde next and hope he can get you 3, if you are up a couple runs he might be able to get you 4.
  9. I will never understand going to Hudson, he's been trash for a while now, why use him? Might as well put Brazoban in too
  10. Today

  11. Smith and Kay cover the first three. Hicks comes in and hopefully gives us two. Now you have four innings to cover and it’ll depend on the score at that point. Taylor should be good for a couple. Not sure what Newcomb’s status is. Fedde can be the bridge whenever he is needed.
  12. ....my question is, will these objections by the city council even matter? Do they have any legal mechanism to stop Amtrak from starting this project?
  13. I'm sure he's a nice guy and a good actor, but who?? Fans aren't obligated to a big name for a first pitch, but it's kind of crazy to hype up a first pitch only for it to be a C-lister. Hope he enjoyed the moment, at least.
  14. I think you maybe see another LHP after Smith if Venable's goal remains getting through Kwan twice before the RHP? I'm expecting at least 4 from Hicks and Taylor on the backend, so some combination of Smith, Fedde, and Newcomb/Kay depending on availability to piece together the front half of the game. Limit the walks, make Messick work again, and the home clincher is there for them.
  15. There was no play at first
  16. Maybe not the right place for this, but I'm missing something? Smith had to tuck and roll to not get clocked by the throw home. Even if he sprinted straight to the bag, I don't think there's a chance for the DP. How many "3-2-1" double plays have we ever seen?
  17. 8 pm est 7 cst Might be the entire baseball world focusing on Sox/Guardians the next 24-72 hours the way Padres/Brewers is trending. Made it to the final five teams still alive.
  18. My expectations for tomorrow: Hagen = 1 Fedde = 3 Newcomb = 1 Hicks = 2 Taylor = 2
  19. Expecting: Smith Fedde Hicks Taylor
  20. Yeah Hagen was fine. Hudson is the worst guy on your roster. Hagen is a guy you have to let pitch himself into and out of trouble.
  21. If he's covering first, it's a DP and he's out of the inning. Don't think he was terrible. Just have seen him better. Probably only has one inning in him.
  22. I’ve seen that show…if it was either of the two main girls, no one would have been complaining
  23. I got to say I think Adell and Ramirez are more scary against a lefty than Kwan and DeLauter are against a righty
  24. Should have just gone with Hagen to start the 3rd

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.