Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour

  2. Yeah they also get extra picks every year. Sox get an extra pick once and we saw how much flexibility it adds.
  3. 2027 rotation: Burke 2nd/3rd year player on an innings limit 2nd/3rd year player on an innings limit failed trade acquisition FA that nobody else wanted
  4. Nobody's really saying any different, are they? I think a rookie team got overwhelmed in the clinch games of the 2nd round and abandoned a pretty successful approach from games 1 and 2. Perhaps Cleveland adjusted, and these guys just couldn't readjust that fast, and panicked. I mean, one of the team-leading veterans was Miguel Vargas with parts of 3 seasons under his belt.
  5. I think so too, but combined with some filthy pitching from Cleveland.
  6. You forgot the part where we all die, then the Sun blows up and swallows its first 4 planets. I mean, if you're going to mope like a child, don't be a p**** about it.
  7. I know we're supposed to kumbaya this s%*#, but this fucking sucks and I'm not interested.
  8. I believe they actually converted opportunities in this last series at a moderate clip. Bases loaded with one out would result in a run, when they couldn't do that earlier in the year. They just pressed and choked in an elimination game. But again, talking about whether 2039 SoxTalk will still be ruminating over 21 strikeouts, or a fun team, I couldn't tell you what the shortcomings of the '77 team were without looking it up. But I can tell you about Zisk, Gamble, and Eric Soderholm.
  9. The '77 South Side Hit Men was such a crazy great summer. I was 13, and it was the first time in my Sox-rooting life (2nd, really after 1972) that it felt like I was watching a real baseball team. I'm surprised every time I look it up to find they finished in 3rd place, 12 games out. The electricity of that summer always feels like they finished closer to the top, in retrospect. The final 3 games will be a blip. Hopefully, drowned out by greater successes.
  10. And as an increasingly one dimensional offense that wasn't good at advancing runners, driving in runners from third with less than two outs...situational hitting, changing one's approach to manufacture individual runs, etc. The Guardians Rays Brewers all have better leveraging of their overall team speed, defense, base running and fundamentals. This traditionally is much cheaper to buy in FA than power numbers. Most importantly, look at the draft day origins for those pitching staffs. Mostly home grown and cheaper/inexpensive. Or the Guardians stealing Cade Smith from MN, just as the Guards lost Caminero to TB because they already had Jose Ramirez. (yes WEddy, the Sox stole Tristan Peters from TB too) To summarize: Best scouting. Similar aggresive contact oriented styles of play minus young stars in Caminero/Chourio. Similar offensive approaches...Guards Ball/Small Ball/Piranhas 2014/15 Royals, call it whatever the hell you want. It should also be noted how good that Guards' pen would be now with E.Clase today.
  11. Yeah, when the dust settles I agree. The choke is just too fresh at the moment
  12. I think that after crawling from the wreckage of the 2024 season, it's pretty amazing to consider that two years later, we're looking at a young core with playoff experience that is only going to improve. I believe there's 5 solid positional starters (Teel, Meidroth, Vargas, Ant-man, Peters), and 3 guys who need anywhere from tinkering to an overhaul of their approach (Monty, Braden, Mune). We have a bevy of #4-5 starters. Maybe they trade from Monty, Braden, Quero to get someone who can throw 5 innings in a playoff game. Tremendously fun season, and the front office gives me confidence they'll address the shortcomings that were exposed in the last 3 games.
  13. I wish people would stop considering Shane Smith as an option. He was a flash in the pan for one season and I dont see him coming close to that again. I wouldnt be opposed to them resigning Newcomb as a starter. But yes they need to load up with sp options one way or another and learn from their opener/overuse mess. Im not sure they will.
  14. I think they'll be remembered as a very fun team in a growth year who ran out of gas at the end and pressed.
  15. If one is truly dispassionate about this: best 1-12 pitching staffs LAD NYY Milwaukee TB Cleveland San Diego Houston and Chicago
  16. https://finance.yahoo.com/real-estate/articles/chicago-dethrones-miami-americas-most-205110567.html&ved=2ahUKEwjssp29h7KXAxXDNzQIHUxZMSYQFnoECBoQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1gthGznxgASziushcoNO9Q
  17. I'm assuming the game plan is to put Schultz and Smith in the starting rotation in 2027.
  18. Today

  19. I thought when Colson led off the inning being hit by a pitch Doyle would bunt him over to second. Instead of bunting he struck out. If he would have bunted Sam would have drove him home with the single.
  20. What he said about TA had some ugly connotations. And I'll leave it at that.
  21. Its the kind of energy that trash like Jose Ramirez breeds on a baseball team he leads. That dude has the biggest ego I have seen for being on a team that is consistently shown that they just aren't that good in the playoffs. Can't wait to see his dumb ass "how did this happen" face after they get destroyed by TB.
  22. You know we led the AL in walks this year. Sorry these facts don't fit your narrative.
  23. I think the pressure got to them. They led the AL in walks this year. Fine with K's as long as it's supplemented by walks.
  24. White Sox won with class. They don't. They'll get swept by the Rays.
  25. Chicago set record for tourist spending in 2025, Choose Chicago tourism bureau says - CBS Chicago 56.8 million visitors in 2025. The world likes us, they really, really like us.
  26. https://www.reddit.com/r/baseball/s/2NbJfzpPGK Between this and the Spirit Halloween post, I hope the Guardians get thrashed. They're such losers at heart.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.