Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JUSTgottaBELIEVE

The Makings of a Juggernaut?

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

I do, easily. 

Then who is the division favorite? Put it out there so I can laugh at it 5 months from now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I’m not ignoring them, I’m disagreeing with them. Everyone wanted to spend huge money on George Springer. How much has he helped the Blue Jays so far this season?

At this point you have to be purposely misrepresenting my argument. You simply are not listening to what I am saying at all.

Depth doesn't mean George Springer or spending like the Dodgers or Padres. 

Where and how are you confused?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Then who is the division favorite? Put it out there so I can laugh at it 5 months from now.

Cleveland and Minnesota have a habit of consistently playing better than us. Cleveland has really good pitching right now.

Being "the favorite" means shit. How many times have we been "the favorite" only to not make the playoffs at all?

Like I said before, some of you clearly have never watched the White Sox before. They have proved nothing so far. 

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

Cleveland and Minnesota have a habit of consistently playing better than us. Cleveland has really good pitching right now.

Being "the favorite" means shit. How many times have we been "the favorite" only to not make the playoffs at all?

Like I said before, some of you clearly have never watched the White Sox before. They have proved nothing so far. 

And you still haven’t answered this very simple question. Who will win the AL Central in 2021?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

And you still haven’t answered this very simple question. Who will win the AL Central in 2021?

I don't know, sir. Neither do you or anyone. I could easily see Cleveland or Minnesota doing so.

Will you now please focus on what I was saying to you?

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

I don't know, sir. Neither do you or anyone. I could easily see Cleveland or Minnesota doing so.

Will you now please focus on what I was saying to you?

You don’t think the White Sox will win the division but you aren’t willing to put yourself out there to say who will. Regarding the Sox lack of free agent spending, the free agents that they signed last offseason have fared better than 99% of the players posters on this site wanted to sign. Oh gosh, I remember the outrage when Joc Pederson signed with the Cubs! The “perfect” fit for the White Sox lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

You don’t think the White Sox will win the division but you aren’t willing to put yourself out there to say who will. Regarding the Sox lack of free agent spending, the free agents that they signed last offseason have fared better than 99% of the players posters on this site wanted to sign. Oh gosh, I remember the outrage when Joc Pederson signed with the Cubs! The “perfect” fit for the White Sox lol

What difference does it make who I say will? I thought I was neurotic. Jesus. Your attention span seems on par with a puppy's.

I guess my points aren't going to be addressed. You don't seem to be able to discern differences.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

What difference does it make who I say will? I thought I was neurotic. Jesus. Your attention span seems on par with a puppy's.

I guess my points aren't going to be addressed. You don't seem to be able to discern differences.

You have no point. All you do is whine and complain.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Then who is the division favorite? Put it out there so I can laugh at it 5 months from now.

What’s the obsession with choosing the division winner in early May?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

You have no point. All you do is whine and complain.

That's how it always appears to someone who isn't thoughtful. 

You couldn't even grasp what I was saying about spending money.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

That's how it always appears to someone who isn't thoughtful. 

You couldn't even grasp what I was saying about spending money.

Nope. All you do is whine and complain. It’s that simple really.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Snopek said:

What’s the obsession with choosing the division winner in early May?

RR has all but said the Sox are done and “I told you so” before the season started, apparently, because they didn’t spend enough money last offseason on shoring up the roster. But I’m still not sure what he’s told us. He certainly hasn’t told us who he thinks will win the division now that the Sox are done. He thinks very highly of the Twins and Indians this year I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

RR has all but said the Sox are done and “I told you so” before the season started, apparently, because they didn’t spend enough money last offseason on shoring up the roster. But I’m still not sure what he’s told us. He certainly hasn’t told us who he thinks will win the division now that the Sox are done. He thinks very highly of the Twins and Indians this year I guess.

Does it really matter to choose?

Somehow, we have to clear 1 and likely 2 of those teams to make the post-season, depending on how bad the situation in DET gets over the course of the season...and how determined they are to keep their top prospects down on the farm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

RR has all but said the Sox are done and “I told you so” before the season started, apparently, because they didn’t spend enough money last offseason on shoring up the roster. But I’m still not sure what he’s told us. He certainly hasn’t told us who he thinks will win the division now that the Sox are done. He thinks very highly of the Twins and Indians this year I guess.

Rick Hahn promised a "Multi Championship window". Who gives a rats ass who wins the 2021 AL Central or wild card if they don't have the horses to advance in the playoffs? The AL Central winner may finish with 75 wins, that's how pathetic the division is this season. Cleveland was the last AL Central team to advance even one stinking round, and that was five years ago. The Sox aren't going far if they qualify unless Eloy and Robert are healthy and full strength in October, and that appears to be a pipedream at this point.

Eloy was injured several times in his career, and wasn't on the IL when he managed two at bats the final series and short lived playoffs. He must never wear a fielding glove again, and he can still get hurt as he did jumping up and down after Lucas' no-hitter, or running the bases last September. They could have spent a little more, or spent a lot more wisely, but the Sox are the most dysfunctional team in MLB now that the Wilpons are gone, and you have their pathetic manager straight outta a time machine calling the shots, nearly all consistently wrong.

Ethan Katz was the Sox' best acquisition the past four seasons, and La Russa had nothing to do with it. And if you haven't had enough Leury and Lamb before the injury, brace yourself because you're going to get a daily helping of Leury and Lamb, scratching La Russa's Veterans fetish until he passes or steps down, maybe this year, maybe in 2026, whenever he damn well pleases because this is a sorry ass Jerry Reinsdorf production and all of his cronies have a job for life, his or theirs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

RR has all but said the Sox are done and “I told you so” before the season started, apparently, because they didn’t spend enough money last offseason on shoring up the roster. But I’m still not sure what he’s told us. He certainly hasn’t told us who he thinks will win the division now that the Sox are done. He thinks very highly of the Twins and Indians this year I guess.

I don’t think it’s a stretch to say Minnesota or Cleveland can win the division. One has a solid lineup, the other has solid pitching. I think the Sox are still the team to beat, injuries and all, but all three teams have legit flaws. It’s not like the Sox have shown their dominance over Cleveland in head to head matchups. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Nope. All you do is whine and complain. It’s that simple really.

No. It's not. 

And if you never complain, even if ownership of the team you cheer for purposely doesn't put that team in a position to win... then frankly you're not a real fan. But it's clearly more than you aren't thoughtful. You're not even attempting to actually engage my argument because you're too lazy and can't allow yourself to be challenged. 

I'm trying to make a point and for some reason you're just fixated on which specific team you think will win the division, which isn't even the fucking point. So if I say Cleveland, what is your actual response going  to be? Are you even capable of one? Clearly you can't handle any if the arguments anyone is posing to you here. 

I'm glad you "believe" but if that's all you can do then you live in a fantasy world.

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Rick Hahn promised a "Multi Championship window". Who gives a rats ass who wins the 2021 AL Central or wild card if they don't have the horses to advance in the playoffs? The AL Central winner may finish with 75 wins, that's how pathetic the division is this season. Cleveland was the last AL Central team to advance even one stinking round, and that was five years ago. The Sox aren't going far if they qualify unless Eloy and Robert are healthy and full strength in October, and that appears to be a pipedream at this point.

Eloy was injured several times in his career, and wasn't on the IL when he managed two at bats the final series and short lived playoffs. He must never wear a fielding glove again, and he can still get hurt as he did jumping up and down after Lucas' no-hitter, or running the bases last September. They could have spent a little more, or spent a lot more wisely, but the Sox are the most dysfunctional team in MLB now that the Wilpons are gone, and you have their pathetic manager straight outta a time machine calling the shots, nearly all consistently wrong.

Ethan Katz was the Sox' best acquisition the past four seasons, and La Russa had nothing to do with it. And if you haven't had enough Leury and Lamb before the injury, brace yourself because you're going to get a daily helping of Leury and Lamb, scratching La Russa's Veterans fetish until he passes or steps down, maybe this year, maybe in 2026, whenever he damn well pleases because this is a sorry ass Jerry Reinsdorf production and all of his cronies have a job for life, his or theirs.

Why is that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

No. It's not. 

And if you never complain, even if ownership of the team you cheer for purposely doesn't put that team in a position to win... then frankly you're not a real fan. But it's clearly more than you aren't thoughtful. You're not even attempting to actually engage my argument because you're too lazy and can't allow yourself to be challenged. 

I'm trying to make a point and for some reason you're just fixated on which specific team you think will win the division, which isn't even the fucking point. So if I say Cleveland, what is your actual response going  to be? Are you even capable of one? Clearly you can't handle any if the arguments anyone is posing to you here. 

I'm glad you "believe" but if that's all you can do then you live in a fantasy world.

You have no idea what you’re taking about. See, the difference between you and me is that I’m objective. While you paint everything in a negative light (have you ever posted anything positive?), I point out the positives (this team is still loaded for several seasons regardless of what you think) and the negatives (Grandal bust signing, not extending McCann, missing on Harper). You think you’re a “real” fan because you’re critical of the organization at every step? In fact, you’re the furthest thing from a real fan with your constant negativity even when the team’s outlook has improved dramatically.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Snopek said:

I don’t think it’s a stretch to say Minnesota or Cleveland can win the division. One has a solid lineup, the other has solid pitching. I think the Sox are still the team to beat, injuries and all, but all three teams have legit flaws. It’s not like the Sox have shown their dominance over Cleveland in head to head matchups. 

 

I agree with everything you say here. But it’s not what RR was arguing. I said the Sox are still the division favorite and he replied with a sarcastic “based on what”? If he were the GM he would have signed Paxton, Q, Pederson, And god only knows who else to really solidify the roster. I wonder what his thoughts were of the Rodon signing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

You have no idea what you’re taking about. See, the difference between you and me is that I’m objective. While you paint everything in a negative light (have you ever posted anything positive?), I point out the positives (this team is still loaded for several seasons regardless of what you think) and the negatives (Grandal bust signing, not extending McCann, missing on Harper). You think you’re a “real” fan because you’re critical of the organization at every step? In fact, you’re the furthest thing from a real fan with your constant negativity even when the team’s outlook has improved dramatically.

If all you do is point out positives then you definitely do not think objectively. Right now the attention is on the negative fit obvious reasons. If you don't get the basis of the negativity then you will never understand the problem or be objective. 

You're ignoring or dismissing virtually every point made to you, boiling everything down to "negativity." Thise blinders must be awfully heavy. 

Really, you have demonstrated you don't really even read posts you responded to and lack basic comprehension. Your laughable posts on money spending on us vs. Dodgers/Padres was an example.

You focus on the quantity balance of subject matter rather than the subject itself. It's flabbergasting.

  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

If all you do is point out positives then you definitely do not think objectively. Right now the attention is on the negative fit obvious reasons. If you don't get the basis of the negativity then you will never understand the problem or be objective. 

You're ignoring or dismissing virtually every point made to you, boiling everything down to "negativity." Thise blinders must be awfully heavy. 

Really, you have demonstrated you don't really even read posts you responded to and lack basic comprehension. Your laughable posts on money spending on us vs. Dodgers/Padres was an example.

You focus on the quantity balance of subject matter rather than the subject itself. It's flabbergasting.

Lol. I only point out positives? Tell that to Chisox59.

For a guy that really wanted to sign Cole Hamels last winter (LOL) and believed Kopech wouldn’t start this year and we “couldn’t expect much from him this season” anyway, you sure seem to have it all figured out!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Lol. I only point out positives? Tell that to Chisox59.

For a guy that really wanted to sign Cole Hamels last winter (LOL) and believed Kopech wouldn’t start this year and we “couldn’t expect much from him this season” anyway, you sure seem to have it all figured out!

I think you have me mixed up with another poster, lol.

And predictably, you do nothing but keep reaching for things and staying as far away from the points being presented to you as possible.

Completely irrational poster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As bad as things seem, at least we aren't at the point where Reynaldo Lopez is in the starting rotation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

I think you have me mixed up with another poster, lol.

And predictably, you do nothing but keep reaching for things and staying as far away from the points being presented to you as possible.

Completely irrational poster.

Nah, I spent 5 minutes reviewing the Rodon signing thread last night. Your initial reaction to the signing was “this is depressing” followed by those couple other nuggets. Like I said, you’ve got it all figured out. Haha

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Nah, I spent 5 minutes reviewing the Rodon signing thread last night. Your initial reaction to the signing was “this is depressing” followed by those couple other nuggets. Like I said, you’ve got it all figured out. Haha

Most people felt that way. No one could have necessarily figured he would have as good a year as he has had. 

If that's your way of trying to discredit me, you couldn't have done a poorer job.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×