TRADE THREAD II ~ July 2 - July 8

Texsox

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 04:25 PM)
Nope

You just said you were comparing your man-crush OC to the Royals, isnt that comparing a team to a player? :huh

Did your parents not love you enough? Do you need a hug, because this inner turmoil is turning into poo on the message boards.

Guest JimH
Well now it has.. Im back

Awww ...

This is so nice, widdew Anthwax is getting the attention he so desperately craves.

This is a trade thread, not your personal little "Look at me! Look at me! Notice me!" thread.

Well, Lowe has crappy stats in a pitchers park, so saying he would improve in a hitters park is a stretch, not to mention he pitches against weaker opponents in the NL West.

As far as Cabrera goes...come on dont go there again.

With your two salaries say bye bye to AJ, Iguchi. Say hello to Willie Harris and Jamie Burke, Chris Widger, and Ben Davis

Lowe is a ground ball pitcher, there are a couple of games with better D, he wins another 4-5 games..

We not going to start back on OC, I'm done he is an angel.. not much more we can do about that

Again, about time Management starts puttting something into this team. But, of course I am in the minorty to think that the owners should actaully have to give up their own money to build a winner.

You just said you were comparing your man-crush OC to the Royals, isnt that comparing a team to a player? :huh

Did your parents not love you enough?  Do you need a hug, because this inner turmoil is turning into poo on the message boards.

Just give it up, I could explain it to you but it seems that you would still miss the very simple point I made. Its really not worth the time to explain.

What I simply (as always) state the facts, Can I not help it you don't like them?

Guest JimH
Never started as such.. simply (as always) stated the facts.. people can't handle that I guess.

Whenever you're around it always ends as such. Go figure. Come back when you learn the difference between fact and your opinion. On second thought, just master that concept but don't come back. You know very little about baseball.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 09:34 PM)
That we would want AJ burnett, over an Unhealthy Jason Schimdt.. And that AJ would be an easier Sign for us that Jason would...

That's not a fact, that's a speculation.

Whenever you're around it always ends as such.  Go figure.  Come back when you learn the difference between fact and your opinion.  On second thought, just master that concept but don't come back.  You know very little about baseball.

Your right I guess I need to brush up on my MVP skills, it seems that is where you seem to live.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 07:30 AM)
Lowe is a ground ball pitcher, there are a couple of games with better D, he wins another 4-5 games..

The Dodgers actually have pretty good infield defense, besides whoever they put at third base, which was always going to be a problem for them.

Anthrax, you are far from being the only person on this board that disagrees with alot of the moves that KW has made. The only difference is that you're the only one that has made this disliking the theme of your existance. You've beaten the dead horse and took a big ol' crap on him.

It's because of this that has made your credibility disappear and hence why your posts get s*** on every time you offer your "we should have done this" or "we should do that" routine. Find a new schtick.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 07:34 AM)
That we would want AJ burnett, over an Unhealthy Jason Schimdt.. And that AJ would be an easier Sign for us that Jason would...

Show us a suitable trade for Mr. Burnett, and how much you would re-sign him for.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 04:34 PM)
Just give it up, I could explain it to you but it seems that you would still miss the very simple point I made. Its really not worth the time to explain.

What I simply (as always) state the facts, Can I not help it you don't like them?

Your point was that you think OC will be a better second half player and pick up his crappy stats. And by mentioning KC you tried to prove that the second half is more important than the first. Your point would make more sense if you compared OC to another player, instead of a whole team, that had an average first half of a season.

Is that simple enough for your little mind?

Its funny how you hold yourself to be such an intelligent person, yet cannot express yourself as such. Your arguments are insufficient, and your posts have no substance. I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 07:36 AM)
So you would want unhealthy and unproductive jason Schimdt?

Please explain how it would be easier to resign Js over AJ?

He has an option for next season. Burnett does not.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 04:34 PM)

We already covered this, we dont have the players that FLA required in a trade for AJ, they are talking with Baltimore because they are a better fit.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 04:40 PM)
And how much is that option for?

10 million. But thats besides the point. He does not have to be signed, AJ Burnett does. Burnett is already looking for that kind of money. Moot point.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 09:36 PM)
So you would want unhealthy and unproductive jason Schimdt?

Please explain how it would be easier to resign Js over AJ?

To use your words...you are missing a simple point. It is NOT a fact that we would want AJ over Schmidt. It is your opinion. Personally, I don't think I want either one anymore. I'm not convinced either will help our team enough to make a deal worth it. I think we need to get a Glendon Rusch-type. Although, not Rusch. Someone that can spot start and go into the pen. Like Sean Lowe a couple of years ago.

Anyway...you are spewing your ideas, not stating facts.

Let me show you:

Fact: AJ Burnett currently plays for the Florida Marlins.

Opinion: AJ Burnett would be easier to resign next year.

Burnett is considerably harder to resign than Schmidt for several reasons. First off, Schmidt has a set option for next season, while Burnett is a free agent. Second, Burnett is a much younger player who has been healthy this year while Schmidt hasn't. Third, Burnett has been pitching much better than Schmidt this season. Lastly, it doesn't really matter because unless we drug their GM's and convince them to take Contreras in the deal, we're not likely to invest that much money in our rotation.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

10 million.  But thats besides the point.  He does not have to be signed, AJ Burnett does. Burnett is already looking for that kind of money. Moot point.

No that is the point.. 10 mil for JS or a younger verison of JS.. I'll take the younger version please. of course neither will be on the sox with their asking price so all this arguing is pointless...