Kenny Fires Back At Frank

aboz56

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 08:05 PM)
And one thing that's really pissing me off is that it seems people are gonna side with Kenny no matter what because he helped bring us a World Series title and Frank never did.  That's the most retarded logic I've ever heard.  Half this board wanted Kenny fired when it looked like we might blow a 15 game lead.

i agree. I think Kenny has done a fine job as a GM however he needs to shut up. Frank didn't say anything that was that bad to be honest. It was nowhere close to what Magglio said last year.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 02:08 AM)
i agree.  I think Kenny has done a fine job as a GM however he needs to shut up.  Frank didn't say anything that was that bad to be honest.  It was nowhere close to what Magglio said last year.

Frank came across as one thing in particular....an IDIOT! And that's exactly what KW said he was acting like.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 02:05 AM)
And one thing that's really pissing me off is that it seems people are gonna side with Kenny no matter what because he helped bring us a World Series title and Frank never did.  That's the most retarded logic I've ever heard.  Half this board wanted Kenny fired when it looked like we might blow a 15 game lead.

Ahh, so is the life of Soxtalk. You should know this by know, J4L. Remember back in April? Jermaine Dye was the worst player on the face of the planet. He was, Jermaine "Dead" (ahh, the cleverness of the nickname!). In 2004, Jon Garland was the worst pitcher ever. He should have been traded "for a bag of balls".

Hell, we lose on Opening Day, it's over. Don't even watch the rest of the season.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 08:08 PM)
I think we're all siding with KW because Thomas was the one b****ing over and over again to the media after he wasn't offered a contract.  If one of your co-workers just keeps on saying negative things about you constantly, no matter how little, it's going to push you over the edge.  KW said what a lot of people (especially it seems a lot of the members of the Sox) were thinking.  Frank Thomas is a whiny, selfish idiot.

Define b****ing? I agree that Frank needs to shut up. But the guy was asked specific questions. He gave the answers. He feels as if he wasn't treated with the respect that a guy of his stature should've been. That's all. He hasn't said anything negative about Ozzie, Kenny, Jerry, the players, the fans or the city in general. And one could argue he's right. Should he still be harping about it? No. Yet Kenny calls the guy names and airs out dirty laundry and he's praised?

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 02:04 AM)
If that the way you feel, thats cool.

I'm just saying that it didn't take the latest comments by Kenny to realize that Frank wasn't the greatest teammate.  It always seemed to me to be common knowledge.  Whether he was a good soldier or not in public really doesn't do much for me.  Agree to disagree, I guess.

I don't disagree. I don't doubt that he "wasn't the greatest teammate". And the fact is that he was unwilling to be a leader (and probably incapable of it, anyway). But he went to bat for the organization, he even publicly defended the decisions he (judging by Kenny's comments) didn't like, like hiring Guillen. Even in THIS INTERVIEW he said that bringing in Carl was a good move, despite whispers elsewhere that he in fact hated the move. I'm kind of stunned that Kenny didn't take that into account before this idiotic tirade, whatever their personal relationship.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 09:08 PM)
i agree.  I think Kenny has done a fine job as a GM however he needs to shut up.  Frank didn't say anything that was that bad to be honest.  It was nowhere close to what Magglio said last year.

Actually, what Frank and Maggs have said are pretty similar. Both felt disrespected. They both felt their injuries were overblown by the Sox.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 09:12 PM)
Define b****ing?  I agree that Frank needs to shut up.  But the guy was asked specific questions.  He gave the answers.  He feels as if he wasn't treated with the respect that a guy of his stature should've been.  That's all.  He hasn't said anything negative about Ozzie,  Kenny,  Jerry,  the players,  the fans or the city in general.  And one could argue he's right.  Should he still be harping about it?  No.  Yet Kenny calls the guy names and airs out dirty laundry and he's praised?

It's as simple as it sounds. Playground rules. Frank started all the negative talk about the Sox, how he's still better than Thome and less of an injury risk. He keeps saying things about his "mistreatment," and KW kept his mouth shut the whole time. Frank started it. He kept prodding until KW broke. Some people see it this way, the rest of you don't. It's all a matter of opinion.

First frank has to prove he is healthy.

he hit a bunch of homers last year, but he also struck out a ton and clogged up the bases.

Then he has to show he can still be a productive offensive player for an entire season.

It's a business. Kenny williams is the boss. Frank Thomas is labor. Kenny chose to go with Thome and Paulie.

Move on.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 11:16 PM)
KW probably shouldn't have mentioned JR loaned Frank money. Other than that, fire away I say. It will be interesting to see what Frank's response is. I really think this will not be a distraction to the team.

I think he got personal with Frank because Frank mentioned a word for word message that Kenny left on Frank's voicemail. Frank stated in an article exactly what that message said. That probably pissed Kenny off.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 08:16 PM)
It's as simple as it sounds.  Playground rules.  Frank started all the negative talk about the Sox, how he's still better than Thome and less of an injury risk.  He keeps saying things about his "mistreatment," and KW kept his mouth shut the whole time.  Frank started it.  He kept prodding until KW broke.  Some people see it this way, the rest of you don't.  It's all a matter of opinion.

Fair enough. Frank is an emotional guy. We all know that. I just try to put myself in his shoes. The guy is the greatest player in franchise history. It's not even a question. He's giving everything he could possibly give in his time here. The guy came out last year when he clearly wasn't 100% and made an impact. It had to be killing him to watch the playoffs and not be a part of it. Even with that, he always showed tremendous support for the team. Somebody, I don't care who, should've talked to Frank directly and let him know what the deal was. Hearing that type of stuff in the papers or through the media would piss me off as well. With that said, Frank needs to shut up and let it go. The best way to stick it to Kenny, Jerry, ect would be to come out this season and be the Frank of old. The Frank he still can be when healthy.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 02:16 AM)
It's as simple as it sounds.  Playground rules.  Frank started all the negative talk about the Sox, how he's still better than Thome and less of an injury risk.  He keeps saying things about his "mistreatment," and KW kept his mouth shut the whole time.  Frank started it.  He kept prodding until KW broke.  Some people see it this way, the rest of you don't.  It's all a matter of opinion.

LOL -- playground rules, huh? Not surprising, seeing as who posted it, but still funny.

I wouldn't count on this particular controversy to fester throughout Spring Training. If Thomas is smart, he'll respond to these latest comments with a simple suggestion of "taking the high road;" among other variations which avoid the issue. If he quits right here, Williams looks foolish. He already does to many.

No one should be surprised if people defend Williams. Fans often are void of objection when criticizing their own team.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 11:26 PM)
Shut up Kenny.  Please.  Just STFU.  Take the high road.  What Frank said wasn't that bad.

I don't know what you have read, but I think they have been pretty bad. He has said some pretty mean s*** as far as the organization is the one at fault. Stating that the organization has had bad relationships with its players for years and they should start treating them better. The common denominater of all the relationships has been Reinsdorf. This may be the slap in the face that many feel Reinsdorf received from Frank. Again, I don't know what you have read, but he keeps trying to paint the White Sox as a bad organization. As a very unfriendly player organization. It is about time someone stood up in the organization and told it the way it is. That Frank is just a selfish whining little b**** boy that needs to grow the f*** up.

Whoever is right or wrong, its all immaterial. Nobody really looks good in all this. My guess is that we'll have to weather the storm for a few weeks and this will eventually blow over. I'd be willing to bet that Kenny is already regretting that he took this approach. Its a shame it had to get to this, but the good thing is that its the beginning of Spring Training, and as soon as the season starts, the players, Ozzie, KW and the fans won't be thinking about this situation (at least lets hope they're not).

Hey, how bout that Rusty Tucker?!?! :P

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 08:24 PM)
I wouldn't count on this particular controversy to fester throughout Spring Training. If Thomas is smart, he'll respond to these latest comments with a simple suggestion of "taking the high road;" among other variations which avoid the issue. If he quits right here, Williams looks foolish.  He already does to many.

No one should be surprised if people defend Williams. Fans often are void of objection when criticizing their own team.

I think taking the high-road very well could happen. He'll say something like, "I just stated my opinions the White Sox. I have nothing to say to Kenny Williams nor do I owe him a comment. Thank you."

Or he could go balls in and say, "Look at how they handled the Magglio situation last year. Ask Scott Eyre if he's happy with the White Sox as an organization."

QUOTE(rangercal @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 11:42 PM)
^^^   

Exactly,  Frank never attacked anyone.

:banghead

:lol:

He didn't? He basically called them dishonest and unloyal to all players they deal with. How much more of an attack can you get? He did not "name call", but he did attack an insult the organization. I don't know how you can possibly say that.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 08:26 PM)
I don't know what you have read, but I think they have been pretty bad. He has said some pretty mean s*** as far as the organization is the one at fault. Stating that the organization has had bad relationships with its players for years and they should start treating them better. The common denominater of all the relationships has been Reinsdorf. This may be the slap in the face that many feel Reinsdorf received from Frank. Again, I don't know what you have read, but he keeps trying to paint the White Sox as a bad organization. As a very unfriendly player organization. It is about time someone stood up in the organization and told it the way it is. That Frank is just a selfish whining little b**** boy that needs to grow the f*** up.

But is Frank lying, though? We know what happened with Maggs last year. Ventura didn't leave on the best of terms. Ozzie even admitted he was pissed off at the way he left. Again, Frank should keep quiet. But is there any truth to what he's saying?

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 02:30 AM)
But is Frank lying,  though?  We know what happened with Maggs last year.  Ventura didn't leave on the best of terms.  Ozzie even admitted he was pissed off at the way he left.  Again,  Frank should keep quiet.  But is there any truth to what he's saying?

Yep, our organization is so s***ty that Paul Konerko turned down more money and a better location in order to stay with the Sox.

QUOTE(fathom @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 08:32 PM)
Yep, our organization is so s***ty that Paul Konerko turned down more money and a better location in order to stay with the Sox.

Never even implied that. The question was could there possibly be any truth, even a little, to what Frank is saying. And props to Konerko for taking a few less million to stay with the Sox. But let's be honest, it's not like he made some monumental sacrafice. And if the Sox hadn't went 5 years, something they didn't want to do, we would be talking about Konerko and how he makes the Angels the team to beat.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 08:30 PM)
:banghead

:lol:

He didn't? He basically called them dishonest and unloyal to all players they deal with. How much more of an attack can you get? He did not "name call", but he did attack an insult the organization. I don't know how you can possibly say that.

Did he say anything that's not true? Or did he hit too close to home for you guys? What he has said is pretty true if you look back over the years. Ozzie, Robin, Maggs, now him.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 02:36 AM)
Never even implied that.  The question was could there possibly be any truth,  even a little,  to what Frank is saying.  And props to Konerko for taking a few less million to stay with the Sox.  But let's be honest,  it's not like he made some monumental sacrafice.  And if the Sox hadn't went 5 years,  something they didn't want to do,  we would be talking about Konerko and how he makes the Angels the team to beat.

This stuff happens with every organization. Did people really expect a pleasant "break-up" with Thomas? The guy has rarely said the right thing in the media. It's funny how a few years ago, there were arguments about who's the bigger asshole, Frank or Sammy Sosa. One guy was a steroid using ass, and the other is a non-steroid using ass.

The sooner this nonsense blows over, the better it will be for the Sox.