Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoCalChiSox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoCalChiSox

  1. Good points as always.....imo if Getz is asking for 4 legit pieces as you suggest, it's still all kabuki theatre because both sides kind of know where it will end up but they have to dance for awhile first and what each side will truly accept will only be revealed when there's a real deadline or when someone else has made a great offer but someone else also has an alternative that's time sensitive. Elias has to say no to the savage OF/IF/SP and legit 4th piece framework and offer 2 pieces instead without either the savage or the SP. Getz has to stick with 4 until the last second in the hopes he can use NYY/BOS to spook him into a deal and when the rubber finally meets the road, Getz and Elias both will either have to accept the 3 man framework plus maybe a lotto ticket or they won't. I think fathom said the "plan" is they want to wait until after Snell/Montgomery. Hopefully neither end up in the AL East or at absolute most only 1 ends up there. I think Snell will end up on the west coast and we'll see if TEX is willing to outbid NYY and BOS for Montgomery. IMO if Cashman is willing to play ball and he's on a hotter seat so he should, I would take Jones, two pitchers and a SS/2B prospect. I dont think they will move Dominguez because of fan backlash. It's hard to tell a little kid they can't have a piece of candy when they've had a small bite of it already and like it. Much easier to take something away from them that's only theoretical.
  2. Eh.....I still think you are inferring alot of things that are questionable. For example, let's assume we are at the point of where pitchers and catchers report and let's say Getz successfully called Elias bluff and Elias is now offering the 1) LH savage OFer of Getz choice (Cowser or Hjerstad, Getz likely prefers the former), plus 2) the IFer that Getz wanted (Ortiz/Norby) and 3) he's finally agreed to SP Cade Povich as the third piece. 95%+ of this board would take that deal and such a deal would also thoroughly repudiate you and baseball galaly's theory that Cease is only worth a single back end Top 100 player plus some lottery tickets. Suppose Getz still says no and the reason is because he still wants a pitching heavy deal, not a pitcher as the third piece deal. That a trade didn't go down doesn't necessarily mean we overvalued Cease, it could also mean that Getz/JR simply has the wrong priorities in terms of what they want in the return. You will be correct only if 1) he isn't traded by ST AND 2) our insiders uniformly confirm that no one offered 2 Top 100 players (or equivalent) in any type of combination. You gotta satisfy both elements. But Getz saying I only want pitching and someone offering a treasure trove of bats doesn't mean you are right. It means our FO and owner are stupid.
  3. I appreciate your detailed analysis, thanks Frobby.
  4. Yes but better than nothing
  5. I was OK with him as a second piece if you get a LH savage bat as the first piece, but the fact that the Orioles fans here are trying to push him on us is kind of a red flag to me, so now I'm now concerned he could end up like Madrigal here (not in the sense that he's a midget egotistical slap hitter but rather just the bust concern in general). I need to see @Frobby etc. putting up some resistance to giving him up so I can feel better about him.
  6. I'm sure buyers at the deadline will be glad to know that players with contracts expiring after the remaining half of a season will apparently cost the same as folks with two years since well they are both "rentals"
  7. But isn't his defense like super elite all over the field? That's why I think Getz may be fine with him. Dude can be a SS and if Robert is later moved, then CF. I dont see Getz saying no to Teel and Rafael esp if you throw in a pitcher or two. I know their pitching prospects are nothing special tho. Obviously Getz would love Teel too....and he can turn around and flip Quero for pitching at that point.
  8. I think Getz would be fine with Rafaela and Teel as the main pieces. Obviously Anthony would be amazing but I agree with you that I don't see them moving him.
  9. Lol nice try. It's an "Inside the Orioles" writer not a national SI guy....sounds like Elias is doing a fine job greasing local writers and converting them into basically state media. Unscrupulous but impressive.
  10. Likely disinformation. After all even more control = more cost.
  11. LMAO. You may be confusing New Year's with April Fools Day.
  12. MLBExecburner said we were in on Montas but not at that price. I wonder if this means they will still add another arm (Manaea?)
  13. While I can think of an AL East club that lacks guts, the NYY doesn't lack guts esp with heat on Cashman , neither does BOS when their fans are up in arms and fed up, neither does LAD (I don't think they're done), Preller in SD has never lacked guts, SFG would love to make a big splash for their fans. I think there's a sufficient critical mass of clubs that are willing to deal.
  14. Posting a self serving tweet doesn't make it true. A for effort tho
  15. There's zero chance they will trade both Mayo and Cowser for Cease and Santos. Zero
  16. Yeah I read somewhere one of the two big Boras pitchers was close to a deal...Snell to LAA would be great for Cease.
  17. Thank God we won't be trading with ATL.
  18. Yep it's time for them to sack up if they wanna get out of the kiddie pool. Things are moving pretty fast now.
  19. Nah. Elias thinks everything occurs in a vacuum and he doesn't believe in market forces. Dude would happily cut off his nose to spite his face.....because "principle"
  20. Good. Also thank God we aren't going to settle for ATL in the trade. I've hated that option the most forever. I dont know if Montas to CIN takes them out of the Cease bidding.
  21. Actually isn't Breslow like a literal genius in terms of IQ? As much as I'd love to rob them blind of Anthony and/or Teel, I highly doubt they will go for it.
  22. It's cool bro....im glad you and @Sports Guy are here.
  23. Is this is an actual quote from today, Lip Man? If so, not only is Grifol a clueless corporate suckup sycophant, but the comment on pitching and how he likes the lineup is pretty much the nail in the coffin of getting any savages in trades.
  24. Other than running his mouth about getting 3000 hits or whatever, what character issues did Madrigal have here? *puts an ear muff over @poppysox ears so he won't have to hear how his hero is even more of a joke than we thought*
  25. Harold mentioned NYY is big time involved in this thread and late last night in the OF thread Jimmy cryptically threw Roman Anthony out there and mentioned Breslow didn't draft him.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.