Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoCalChiSox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoCalChiSox

  1. Just get the Cowser/Ortiz/Povich deal done already.
  2. Lol we got bullied by Rutgers. f*** you Mario
  3. If Beavers is the third piece, I prefer Hjerstad as the first piece. There's less of a problem in Hjerstad ending up a bat first 1B if you're still getting a "real" OF in the deal. But if Cowser was the lead piece, Povich makes more sense as 3rd piece.
  4. But that makes zero sense. That dude is saying you guys will eat crow because I told you Povich won't be moved, except that he might be to HOU but not CWS? I thought he wasn't getting moved regardless what happened? Did the Astros agree to throw in a gas card from Occidental Petroleum so Elias could drive to work for free and now he's willing to break his word to this kid? This is all bullshit. If he's willing to move him to HOU he's willing to move him to CWS.
  5. I read that guys post and I am confused. He's saying the team told Povich he won't be traded but Chicago is insisting on Povich being included. Then he talks about another trade which I agree sounds like HOU. IMO, this is stupid. If they've agreed on the top two pieces, and if we are insisting on a particular third piece thats kind of what i infer from that, I find it hard to believe that BAL is going to say no to a third piece just because they told a kid he wouldn't be moved. I'm glad we are insisting on Povich as the 3rd piece tho. They need to show JR more pitching in order to justify the top pieces being positional.
  6. Actually I'm looking at his fangraphs page and he could very well be semi flippable at the deadline. He's a GB pitcher which with the help of a good IF defense may make him look somewhat decent. Also his HR/FB rate, BABIP and LOB were unsustainably bad last year.
  7. No...they aren't going to spend period. They spent the last two years, squandered it on stupid stuff and it failed. Now the partners are insisting on taking a profit so the budget needs to be cut like 70m.
  8. I think they are in on Cease, I read a tepoet saying they would pivot to him if they lost Yamamoto but the Yankees prospect pool isn't that great. I dont see them trading Dominguez and without him it would need to be a significant quantity deal.
  9. BAL lineup is literally littered with young savages everywhere esp with Holliday, at least one of Cowser/Hjerstad and others also coming up now too.
  10. Other than one person, NYY also has no pitching and no.... people whose shoulders are made of glass and have a tin heart don't count. I'd take BALs lineup over NYY any day even with Soto.
  11. If someone had upside they wouldn't be cheap. You gotta take the bitter with the sweet as JR might be saying to Getz.
  12. I dont think BAL will win 101 games again without a real pitching upgrade but they are still very superior to NYY and BOS. I think it's a coinflip between them and TB. BAL should win at least 90. It may be difficult to win a playoff series with their rotation tho....unless the opponent also has a weak rotation.
  13. I highly doubt JRs kids will splurge on second monitors.
  14. I agree with this. Our Oriole friends have added very good insight here.
  15. Harold, who is the third piece? Povich, Beavers, Bradfield, some other BAL pitcher besides Povich? And don't say you were just making a general comment....just fucking tell us already we've been waiting for this s%*# forever and I'm already pissed I didn't find LHS from BAL under my Christmas Tree on the 25th or in a stocking. And no...the fact that Kjerstad or Cowser are too big to fit into a stocking is no excuse.
  16. Yeah now I feel something is legit close and also Jimmy has been speaking up quite a bit lately as to names and stuff in BAL packages specifically that would get a deal done. It may be irrational exuberance on my part but I feel there's alot of smoke now.
  17. This was my first thought too. Harold is hearing Cowser and Ortiz perhaps and maybe things are getting close. That's the feel of his post. That's fine with me. I'm willing to accept 20 HRs from Cowser if there's also like 370 OBP, a decent glove and good speed. But if he turns into Beni....nah. Need at least 20 bombs tho. Ortiz provides great insurance in case Montgomery can't stick at SS in which case Montgomery to 3B and Ramos to 2B. I just hope the bat is satisfactory. Who is the third piece Harold?
  18. Defense or no defense, we still need some legit bats Harold.
  19. We need a LH OFer badly and actually LH anything so no to Westburg.
  20. Jimmy said it will be a 4 person package. Now, the bottom 2 may not be much but I doubt they will both be lottery tickets. IMO, the third piece will be at least a semi useful prospect. Demand is too high for it not to be.
  21. Ahh I see....yeah if Povich isn't in the package it doesn't make sense for his people to be told otherwise what would be in the package. I have a hard time seeing Getz accept a package without Povich tho, unless it's like Hall and I don't see BAL moving him.
  22. See page 116 for the following post and subsequent replies: Should be an interesting next few days, it's getting hot & crow is in the oven
  23. Thanks for the response. If he is from the Povich camp, and Povich is like the third piece tho then maybe he's been informed he's getting moved. I'm sorry but I'm just trying to find any sliver of hope/excitement at this point even if all the evidence is to the contrary. I know Elias is a hardass and I know JR is pushing a SP heavy deal, so theoretically BAL should be out, but I'm trying to will it/pray it into existence anyway IDGAF. I dont care what the team wants, I know what I want and I really really want it to happen.
  24. Perhaps @Frobby or @Sports Guy can explain this to us....or maybe I'm reading too much into it, but on their board there's a cryptic post by someone called Husker Guy who people seem to think is some kind of associate/has some relationship with Cade Povich and the way I'm reading it suggests something is about to go down? If we can get some version of this package done that we've been talking about with Povich as the third piece it would be so awesome. It would mean Getz convinced JR that we've gotten a sufficient amount of SP prospects where we feel ok and it's ok to get some savages too. By contrast, if it's a trade for Burnes or whatever using Santander and Povich it will be soul crushing. Or maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.