Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
Garret Anderson
Anderson isn't worth anymore then Maggs is. So I think their two contracts will be pretty close. I could see Maggs getting an extra million or so. I also firmly disagree with Anderson being considered the better defensive player. I watch almost as many Angel games as Sox games and without a doubt I'd take Ordonez over GA defensively. The one nice thing about GA is he can slide over to center, something I don't recommend us doing with Maggs (Although he could be alright out there).
-
A point to note
Year after effect is a good theory, but in Elo's case I'd throw it out the door. Its not really the year after, its just in general when a pitcher has thrown a lot more innings then they have at any other time in their career. In regards to Elo, he's a veteran and has pitched a while and his body is matured and developed. This sympton should not get him. While his numbers will likely get worse, In this case I don't think he fits in with this phenomenon.
-
what are comp ticks?
I think some times the cities get complimentary tickets and their employees can use them. I know this happened in a preseason game for the Dodgers this year.
-
Anyone listening to North on the Score:
I wouldn't even listen to him. I heard him one time when I was in Chicago and he's absolute GARBAGE.
-
Official Opening Day Game Thread
I thought Elo pitched pretty good from the 3rd inning on. I know he gave up the long ball, but he wasn't really hit hard and he seemed to really start getting ahead of the batters later in the game.
-
And That's A White Sox Winner!
- Official Opening Day Game Thread
Koch's offspeed stuff looked SHARP today. Great win for the Sox- Thread for April 13th
The Intimidators double header was rained out. The 3rd game will be made up at a later date and the Intimidators will play two tomorrow. Miller and Rodriguez are still scheduled to be the starters for Kanny.- Official Opening Day Game Thread
Anyone notice that Olivo's swing is looking more and more similar to Maggs. I really like Olivo's new swing, I think it will really help him take off offensively.- Civilians in Iraq
- Radio Prank Gone Wrong
Thats some funny stuff.- The New Official Post a Pic of Yourself Thread
Sure, likely story Rob- Official Opening Day Game Thread
I got to admit, I'm surprised Elo is still in. Well as I say that, I see the Sox are making the call to the pen.- Official Opening Day Game Thread
That ball was crushed by Graffy.- BJ Upton won't play against the Barons
He is on the inactive list to attend a funeral, I think his grandpas.- White Sox affiliate Scoreboard
That would be sweet mn. I'm definately looking forward to seeing Hoover this summer. I think it will be mid to late July. I got to figure out when my summer school ends (I think its first week of July).- Official Opening Day Game Thread
Elo's control hasn't been too good. How did the Royals get their 1st 3 runs. When I got home it was 3-3 and I got to see Konerko swing at two balls to whiff.- Sorry
Scared the hell out of me...for a second I thought Mario did it again- White Sox affiliate Scoreboard
The Barons site continues to get better. IT has to be one of the best websites of all the minor league teams and I think its easily as good as what the major league teams put out, personally I like it more. Now if only they can do live feeds- Ordonez: Sox deal 'close' to happening
Actually JR was on the score and said Maggs wanted to test the waters. The comments from the southtown were a quote from Maggs saying he thought the deal was near. I should also make it clear Maggs only commented that a deal was near, I have no idea where the numbers are coming from other then they have been reported in a few newspapers.- Are you satisfied with our 3-3 record?
I'm satisfied. I think the team has played well and while looking at the season it was awful how they blew the opening day game, but overall 3-3 @ KC and NY and I am feeling good.- Did Anderson get hurt already?
I think both Sweeney and Anderson have been put on the fast track by the fans, but the Sox are going to move them soley to see what they can do. I don't think either will be playing in the majors next year. However, the following year I expect both to at least be competing for a job out of spring training. Both are very talented players and I agree with Jim's analysis. I think at the plate, Anderson is still raw, although he has good potential. He has a solid eye though and his bat has some pop. Sweeney has a very smooth swing, and while he is younger then Anderson I think he projects to be a much better average hitter (I think Sweeney is a guy that will hit well over .300).- Minor League Board
either way I was wrong...but that was what I was thinking of when I wrote it. You all are quick- 2004 Amateur Baseball Draft
I Think the Sox may take Landon Powell or Jeff Clement with one of their supplemntary picks. They are the top two college catchers in the country in my book. I think they will either draft a college pitcher or a speedy leadoff type infielder in the 1st round. I got a feeling they may go after Patterson's brother, although I haven't looked at his stats recently to see if he was still playing well.- Boobies or Butts
- Official Opening Day Game Thread