Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
Back from Snowboarding
I'll get a few pics up sometime. Don't know how good they came out, but I think my friend got a pic of me when I freaking ate it, not sure though. Also, on Monday we went to IHOP for breakfast (All you can eat pancakes..yumm) and we were their like 10 minutes when my friend Jessica is like oh s***, Alyssa Milano is right there. So I turn and am like haa, your so full of it, no way is that her. She ends up sitting in the booth right behind us and It is freaking her. She didn't look near as hot in person, but I just am not really into girls with really short hair.
-
Borchard on the BA Prospect List
Honel, Cotts, Wing, Reed, Pacheco, Anderson, Sweeney, McCarthy could all rank ahead of him. I doubt they will do it though. I think of Rauch in the same regards as Borchard. My guess is he will be somewhere between 5 and 8.
-
Who do you want to coach the bears?
I still want Tedford or Romeo Cremmel. I guess I don't have a problem with Lovie Smith or Grimms, but I like the other two oh so much better. Sucks that Tedford turned the Bears down.
-
Russ Grimm....
I'm miffed on the whole thing.
-
Back from Snowboarding
Very nice...the hot tub was incredibly nice too, especially on my ass. It was a total blast...can't wait till next year when I pick up a pass and can go every other week for a day.
-
PM emails
So peopel have been sending you pm's but you just aren't seeing them? Let me send you a test one right now.
-
Apparently the White Sox signed Robert Person
If Person is signed, book it that they will look to him to be a reliever. When healthy, he can be pretty good. He's always had a good arm and good stuff. The question is can he put it together and thats a big if. Not a bad move, I'm assuming its to a minor league deal.
-
PM emails
I always get them, but it could be that your pm mailbox is full?
-
forum help
I don't think there is one...but from now on we are going to try and move those type of things into the Soxtalk Archives forum. Slowly we'll be digging certain things up and moving them there.
-
Back from Snowboarding
Was gone snowboarding for the past couple days, but I'm back now. Damn is boarding fun, hadn't went in a few years, but now I'm gonna get back into the swing of things. My tailbone is all black and blue from eating s*** on a 3 set jump. On the 3rd jump, I got too much on my back and caught air and drilled the snow...which felt the same as drilling concrete. Of course I got back to civilization hoping the Sox had done something (Had no ESPN or computer) and was shocked to see they signed Scho .
-
Sources: Guerrero to sign with Angels
I'm so rooting for the Angels. Geeze, part of me wonders why I like the Sox, but I guess I'm just drawn to loser teams. Either way my 2nd favorite team is gonna be fun to watch
-
New front runner for Vlad???
I'm so pumped right now. Holy s*** the Angels are gonna be good
-
Futuresox.com, what's with all the restrictions?
Ok, all of those links are updated as well.
-
Futuresox.com, what's with all the restrictions?
OH, gotta put the new links in some of the stories so you can see the other Draft Breakdowns
-
Futuresox.com, what's with all the restrictions?
ok...its all fixed, you shouldn't see any permissions stuff anymore or at least not that I know of. Everything is free and you don't have to register or anything like that.
-
Futuresox.com, what's with all the restrictions?
Oh sorry...gimme a minute and I'll fix that link. I accidentally have it going to the wrong site.
-
Here's the update of the White/Red Sox rumor
I was thinking Nixon is signed to a multi year deal, but thats going off of memory.
-
Does anybod really know who "Otis" is?
I think this deal goes down because the BoSox firmly believe they can make the Arod deal, especially if they get a very good prospect from the White Sox. I mean if Nomar is gone, then Epstein only has to worry about one thing, getting Arod. He doesn't have to worry about getting Arod and then having to deal Nomar and Jose would probably put up pretty good numbers, at least in fenway. I think Nomar could be one of those guys that the Sox sign because he is marketable and is a national star, not just a local star like Magglio. Considering we get Nixon to in a sense counter Magg's production, I really like this deal AS LONG AS the Sox go a little more over the budget and sign someone like Ponson or move Konerko for a pitcher.
-
Top Relief Prospects
Ok...I was just reading things wrong. I thought I was going senile cause I could swear Bham was always a pitcher park and then Charlotte is definately the hitters park. Thanks for setting me straight Rex
-
New White/Red Sox Trade Rumor
Albert Pujols, Aubrey Huff, Barry Zito, Mark Mulder...those type of players. Guys that the Sox would have for years and wouldn't make too much money. I am excited to have Reed in the outfield this year or next year. He's going to be a very good player. I see him as a Darrin Erstad like player, but hopefully he stays healthier and because of that consistently hits around .300. He'll have some pop (15-20 hrs) and will steal 20 or so steals and play above average defense.
-
Here's the update of the White/Red Sox rumor
If we dealt them Konerko as well, then the Sox would be really dropping salary so I'm assuming theyd have to pick up more elsewhere. Now maybe they could move Koch to the BoSox, but I dont' even think that happens. Personally I think Damon makes a little too much money. Doesn't he make like 8 mill and Nixon makes 4 mill. I'll just stick Reed or someone else in cf (Or you can let Nixon play cf and sign a RF). I like Trot Nixon, the guys numbers will likely drop, but he had over a .950 OPS and gives the Sox some left handed pop.
- Car leases?
-
Will SoxTalk Last a whole week without Sox4life??
We already forgot about ya PA
-
is soxnet coming back???
Rob...if you want to still write, you can always write about prospects or cover a minor league team as a beat reporter for FutureSox. I know you can write, cause you were always one of SoxNet's best writers. if so, shoot me a pm or email me at jason@futuresox.com
-
Top Relief Prospects
Is Birmingham really a hitters park...I always thought of it as a pitchers park?????