Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. Right now I get this feeling that the Sox will move Konerko and Koch and replace KOnerko with someone at first base and then add 2 to 3 guys in the pen (Whether thats Sully/Gordon and a vet) and call it an offseason. And they will sign Ponson or another upper echelon pitcher on the block.
  2. Would you think about how we are going to pay him? Well if he was willing to just play for a winner and come in rather cheap, I'd say it would be a great move. Don't know how willing he'd be to take a big paycut, but it would be worth Kenny making the phone call, imo. Thats if he can unload Konerko.
  3. I'm probably the only one on this board who thinks this way, but im willing to give koch another chance, unless the right offer comes along, i would definitely be willing to stick with koch...thats just me though...... My thinking is this. I'd rather spend the money on someone like Latroy Hawkins then Billy Koch. Hawkins is coming off a few really good seasons, has great stuff and would cost a bit less. With Koch you just don't know and that kind of drop in velocity scares the hell out of me.
  4. Jacque Jones and Garret Anderson are two players off the top of my head that are better then Lee out there and Matsui is pretty damn good too. Lee made huge strides though.
  5. Can we have an occasional porn pic? Why do you even open your mouth at times??? Heather, if you didn't see, their was a message for you and steff on the description of this board
  6. Can we have an occasional porn pic? Nope, this isn't sextalk.com
  7. I read somewhere that some people in baseball feel he'll only get 10-12 mill.
  8. Steve Spurrier, Jeff Fisher, Tony Dungy, Dave Wanstedt are some others off the top of my head.
  9. KW said a week or two after the season was over that he loved what Everett brought to the team but that he wouldn't be able to bring him back. I think if the Sox deal Magglio, things would change, but as of now the Sox don't have any interest in bringing him back. As far as his destination, I've heard Tampa.
  10. Bulls came back and took a 11 point lead. Then Tyron Lue hit 3 threes to try getting them close but the Bulls kept scoring on the way back. THey played better defensively, especially in the 4th quarter when they started getting every board and stopping the 2nd chance points. CHandler hit 14 straight free throws and looked so good. Curry looked weak again, but we know he's got the game and Rose is still struggling but he hit a huge three to seal the deal. Heinrich will be back for the Bulls next game and I'm guessing Mason Jr. or Baxter goes on the IR, and I think it will be Baxter.
  11. Chisoxfn replied to aboz56's topic in SLaM
    I hope its good.
  12. Chisoxfn replied to CubsSuck1's topic in SLaM
    Just got it
  13. Well I went to some spring training games and saw their minor league affiliates play I also do one more then that, I help market the Sox with this site
  14. s***, now that was a fun game to watch. Chandler, Crawford, Marshall WOW
  15. I think I should start rooting against these things. Seemed to work with Jose Valentin : lol:
  16. Sandy said in the papers today his agent and the Sox we're talking, and they we're real close to a deal. I think Sandy will be a coach on the team when he's done playing. Ya, he said he told the White Sox to take care of what they need to first and that he will wait for them. Both parties know eachother will be back so the Sox will take care of more pressing issues first. Sandy will be a coach after this season.
  17. If that happens I'll be happy. In that case just keep Maggs or if you must move him and then stick Harris/Rowand/Reed in center.
  18. Shhh....Don't give them any ideas. I don't rip the Sox often, but I am furious today. If Jose goes out and duplicates 2000 and plays the defense he played last year...then I'll silence myself, but I don't see it happening. And I don't see how the Sox are going to compete paying him that kind of money. Now I will be pissed if the Sox don't step up and sign some other players, cause they are the morons that think we the fans would care if our so called team leader walked. I'd give a freaking standing ovation
  19. Chisoxfn replied to a post in a topic in Pale Hose Talk
    I tend to disagree. A teams farm system is not made great by their first round pick, but by their ability to draft well all the way through. Most of the top picks are monetary purposes and quite often many of the top players slide to the 10-20 range as they outprice themselves from the low payroll teams, who are usually stuck in "bottom feeder" mode. The Brewers have done a much better job as late when it comes to having a strong all around draft. I'd say after the first two or three rounds, it doesn't mean much where a team is picking. What matters is who the scouts like and how willing the team is to go out and sign some players the slid to fair deals as well as how well they can gauge a players interest on going pro as opposed to going to college or staying in school.
  20. Well if they are gonna spend 5 mill on a piss poor shortstop, then they better be planning on spending a hekc of a lot of money. Whats next, Sox sign Mike Cameron to a 10 mill a year deal. :fyou
  21. I dunno...Elo's arm was pretty messed up until last season. He made mention numerous times about how this was the first spring where his arm felt 100% in a very long time.
  22. Chisoxfn replied to a post in a topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Podsednik is a stud, they do have a bunch of good kids. How old is he? I liked Alex Sanchez a ton, who did they get for him? Didn't Sanchez get cut and wind up on the Tigers? Posdenik was a guy they picked up on waivers who was very impressive last season.
  23. Chisoxfn replied to The Bones's topic in SLaM
    Drop me an AIM at konan12, and I'll talk to you about it. Will do when I get home from work.
  24. Chisoxfn replied to The Bones's topic in SLaM
    That be great Yahtzee. Thanks so much
  25. Chisoxfn replied to The Bones's topic in SLaM
    You could get a good IRC chatroom for nothing at all, on some server. Or if you wanted you could make an irc.soxtalk.com server.. and install some sort of nickserv chanserv dealie. Not exactly sure how that works though. Then you could have people download an IRC program, like mIRC, and also make a Java applet that connects right to the channel, and host it on Soxtalk.com. Just an idea, if you're interested. U got any instructions on how to do that Where I could set it up where when people go to for example www.soxtalk.com/chat it would automatically pull it off of Soxtalk's server (The one thing I'd worry about is if this would put too much extra pressure on the server) and then if people don't have the program a pop up would come up or something would say install this.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.