Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
College football
ISU...HAAAA University of Iowa and for baseball Cal State Fullerton. I'm also a big ND fan.
-
Sox Call 3:00PM Press Conference
I stick to my guns that this was a good move. Ozzie brings in a fire and passion and knows how to play the game. I think he will make an excellent manager although there are definately things he will have to learn. The fire and passion he brings to the game are gonna be huge, but the big thing is, he can also joke and keep the players relaxed and on their feet at the same time (If that makes sense).
-
Breaking News - Ozzie gets 3 year contract!
I got a feeling this means the sox overhaul this team quite a bit. I'd put better odds on Johnson, Soriano and a speedy ss/2nd baseman coming over to the Southside.
-
3b Coach
I'm guessing Ozzie will announce who the 3rd base coach is. Depending on when he was told he had the job, he could hire the coach today. My guess is that he didn't have enough time to call the person or people he's interested in to ensure that they would want the gig.
-
Billy Wagner to Phils
It was a payroll deal. It shows that not many teams are willing to take on a stud pitcher with a high payroll. In regards to Wagner, I wouldn't touch him if I were a smaller payroll team. 10 mill for an injury prone closer, I'll pass. They could of at least got a decent prospect though. I like Duckworth, but he seems like he'll be at best a 4th.
-
Sox Call 3:00PM Press Conference
Thats the same Bruce Levine who reported a week ago that the Sox were going to pick up Jose's option. If that were to happen, I'd puke. Thank goodness it looks like he's wrong in that regards. In regars to Ozzie, I'm happy
-
A Row sez
Torborg would be a hell of a 3rd base coach, but would he be willing to take that position and would it put extra pressure on Ozzie. I'd think it would take pressure off. Just let Coop handle the pitchers.
-
Breaking News - Ozzie gets 3 year contract!
I like the hiring. I think Ozzie will do some good things. Any reports on who his 3rd base coach will be?
- A 1 word story
-
New Mod
Damn, thanks BE GOOD. I appreciate the kind words. Too bad I had to pay Jas a $12.95/month service fee to let me Mod!!! Sssshh...don't let people know the trick...Bribery really works There are PLENTY of ways of which I can bribe you!!! Nah...Carlos doesn't interest me
- Oyeee
- New Mod
-
Simpsons Treehouse of Horror
Homer one New York Nothing (Trash continues hitting him in the face) You can have Crab Juice or Mountain Dew....EWWW, I'll take the crab juice.
-
ESPN Article
Do you mean JR? If so, I don't think anyone has an example. I think he's definately trying to at least interview minority candidates but I don't have a problem with that. I know JR is on the board of minority hirings or something like that. As long as the person is qualified and does a good job, I don't give a damn what color they are. I happen to also believe that Gaston and Guillen are the best candidates out there, although I would of liked to see the Sox interview Grady Little.
-
Count Bobby V out
Thats a great movie.
-
Simpsons Treehouse of Horror
Great...and I'm sitting here getting ready to watch King of the Hill. Well King of the Hill is my favorite over that. I'll still watch Simpsons, soley based on the name I guess.
-
Blackhawks
www.blackhawkzone.com Best Blackhawk site on the net from what I've heard.
-
Sadly, Another Final Announcement
I'm still here Steff Marky, hope all is well with ya.
-
Happy Birthday Yahtzee
So you go out and get your drivers liscense or are ya gonna pull a Big Hurt Be good Hope you have a good one
-
Bulls shooting
Rose and Crawford are both excellent shooters. Rose is really rusty considering he hasn't played much.
-
Cubs/Karros
Barring extended time on the DL, I think Paulie will produce those kind of numbers next year. No doubt he's capable of it.
-
American Helicopter shot down
My thoughts go out to the friends and families of those involved in this tragedy and for those that are still wounded, I wish them a speedy recovery. Nuke...you summed up my feelings.
- New Mod
-
From Gammons
They will sign him if the Yanks outright release him, no chance in heck that they would take on that contract. Wouldn't make sense when they could sign Ponson for less than that. And this is coming from one of the loan Weaver backers on the board. If the Sox could get Weaver for a cheap deal and then add someone like Ponson, I'd be happy, many wouldn't, but I would.
-
Sox to Tempe?
Ya, weathers always nice. Nothing better then getting to watch the day games. Do you usually watch all the Sox games or do you check out other games when your there?