Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. Happy Bday Donkey. Hopefully your able to remember just a little part of it And when the room is spinning just do this :fyou
  2. Whoooo...while your at it can you give me root admin acess I was trying to do some things when you were gone and realized I don't have it. Hope hunting was a blast. The better question is, are you still typing with the same amount of fingers
  3. Chisoxfn replied to sox4lifeinPA's topic in SLaM
    read through my posts and notice I never said "promise ring"..... I was going for, "you're the most amazing girl I've ever met, happy birthday, happy anniversary (one year), oh by the way, thanks for staying true to me while I'm 1700 miles away" ring. but whatever, I'm the insecure one. those are what I like...of course she'll hate them How about the Kobe Bryant approach If I were you I'd go with like a necklace and a matching pair of earings. Nothing that will kill ya, but since you definately sound like your in love its a nice gift that she can wear even after you get engaged. Either way I don't think your going wrong. Just see what she likes and kind of judge by her taste. Take her shopping or something and just notice what she looks at. Usually I do that, but never make any hint that I'm paying attention whatsoever (its a great trick, cause they think I'm zoned out and then if I'm not planning on getting her anything, were just at the mall for no particular reason, I'll say a thing or two about it and then they are all happy cause your paying attention ) I think whatever you do it will go over well, cause its always the thought that counts
  4. Couldn't agree more. I wouldn't touch Eckstein.
  5. that is GREAT to hear. So basically, if we lose Colon, Alomar, Alomar, and Gordon we will get FOUR compensatory picks in the early rounds of the draft, right? They have to be offered arbitration first. Which basically means that we will get draft picks for Colon, Gordon and I guess Sandy Alomar although I can't believe he was a Type A player. I'm gonna assume that was a typo so I'm gonna say Colon and Gordon cause both will be gone and both should be offered arbitration which means if I understand correctly the Sox will get two first rounders. One would be the team who signs them first rounder and then a sandwich pick. If the team that signs him is above the 15th pick (I think) then you get two comp picks. In Jose's case you get a Comp B pick, which I think is the 2nd or 3rd round.
  6. Chisoxfn replied to slick03's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Maddux for 6 mill max would be a great addition. I'd love seeing the Sox bring him in along with another starter like Ponson. If its just Maddux I wouldn't have a problem either, just make sure it is a one year deal and at the most an option for the 2nd year. He'd be a great asset for other young pitchers. As far as Maddux goes, maybe he wants another ring and if the Sox really are gonna go for it, maybe it would work. Plus he could stick it to the Cubs and I don't think he's a big Cub fan anymore.
  7. Send Maggs East
  8. I am shocked. So out of character. How long do ya need to know 'em before you give them their checkup? 30-40 years I normally like to get to know the girls a little bit longer than that. I just try to get them for their first visit at 18....then refer them to a real doctor:)
  9. Damn this is ugly so far. JC is gonna have to pick this team up, imo.
  10. Chisoxfn replied to CubsSuck1's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    I saw a few places 60 million, but I don't think KW has ever commented on it as if it were a set figure. I did see afew posts mentioning 10 or 15 mill. I don't know what someone knows, but thats about the only way I see the Sox able to add Matsui. I think he would be a good move, depending on the cost. A new shortstop is a must though.
  11. Chisoxfn replied to CubsSuck1's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Well if the few posters that have mentioned a 15 million increase in payroll this season are onto something, then I think its a possibility. If the Sox were to deal Maggs and Konerko and a prospect for Soriano and Johnson then I'd say their would be a possibility they could put some money into Matsui.
  12. I'm studying to become a lawyer Not at law school yet though, got this year and then another year until I get my bus degree.
  13. Gaston will be hired, but I don't think Molitor is coming, just a hunch.
  14. The big thing to me is dumping the payroll. I also believe Johnson is a superior player to Konerko already. I've came up with a bit different idea but don't have time to get into it right now. Will do when I get home.
  15. If HotDogs on a stick can be a sucess, then why not JR's on a stick. Maybe thats how the Sox can add revenue
  16. Chisoxfn replied to CubsSuck1's topic in SLaM
    LOL! Yeah, I remember that too. Do you want to wait to see if Mario remembers it or should I spill the beans? HINT: I don't think it lasted very long for whatever reason. Mooch its on the tip of my tongue, but I just can't remember it. I know one thing if SoxNet ever goes back up, I got a copy of the old format on my old computer and I'm gonna bring it up as a throw back for one day. Just so everyone can see how far its came from the ghetto beginnings. I bet Mario remembers it mooch...I wonder when/if he'll wonder through this thread.
  17. Crede or Buehrle
  18. Gimme the rings
  19. Chisoxfn replied to CubsSuck1's topic in SLaM
    Damn...I've been with Mario all the way and I can't think of it. I remember one other saying, but it was Real White Sox News for Real White Sox Fans. You got me stumped Mooch. I do remember the ghetto design from back in the days.
  20. I think the other reason I'd never want Wagner here, minus how much he makes, is the fact that he's very injury prone. I have a lot more faith that someone like Foulke stays healthy compared to Wagner who has already gone down a repeated number of times. That being said, I don't think it would cost you many prospects to land Wagner. I got a feeling if you just paid his salary the Astros would happily give him up cause they are in a salary nightmare. I learned my lesson...Killa was right on in regards to Foulke. I was a huge Foulke fan but I backed the deal because I thought Koch would be here for a few years while Foulke would only be here for this year and then would go elsewhere leaving the Sox without a closer. I kind of felt they were both a wash in terms of closers, maybe one was a bit better, but nothing drastic (Which is what ended up happening). I'd take Foulke back on this team any day. He's a great closer and was always a class act.
  21. .291 with 31 HR and 113 RBI. Damn you're right. This guy sucks. What was I thinking? Yansy, quit overexagerating. At no point did I say that he sucks, I simple said that he might be a little overrated by some Sox fans. The fact is that OPS is probably the best single stat to measure a hitter, and Lee's OPS of .830 is only slightly above average and not all that impressive for a corner outfield, yet you make it appear that he is the best thing since sliced bread(if you overexagerate then so will I). I would argue that Maggs(.926 OPS) and Thomas(.952) were ahead of Lee as far as being the best/most productive offensive players. I would hate to lose Lee, but a solid middle infielder is harder to find then an average offensive corner outfielder, and it is that simple. If Seattle throws in a solid pitching prospect you have yourself a fair deal for both sides. It is that simple if you look at things from a realistic perspective. But think of it this way, how much would it cost to get someone like Rich Aurilla in here to play shortstop. I think he's a pretty good definition of a "solid" shortstop. Compare that to dealing Lee for Guillen who would make easily as much as Aurilla will get. I think the best option for the Sox is bringing Lee back, hoping that somehow he could become more of a DH eventually with Thomas going elsewhere and Konerko getting dealt. Lee is a keeper, imo.
  22. Wagner would be too much money. I figure Foulke is gonna get about 5 mill a year. Of course this entire situation is basically a pipe dream, but if I were the Sox I'd spend damn near all my money on pitching cause if you had that kind of rotation with a staff that included Ponson or Pettite and a 5th like Pavano and well it wouldn't take much of an offense to win a lot of games and come playoff time, your gonna be damn good.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.