Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 12:54 PM) So basically the East has 8 teams that could potentially get to the 2nd round and 0 teams deserving of the conference finals as of now in my eyes. I think that sums it up pretty well. A healthy Bulls team is absolutely deserving and I don't see any reason why the Cavs wouldn't potentially be deserving.
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
Welp...I'm in.
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 10:42 AM) I bet his wrist had a lot of influence over his wrist I will never proofread what I type on a forum. Meant to say shot. I'm on the ball today.
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
I always wonder how much Deng's wrist (and the fact that he did not opt for surgery) impacted his shot.
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 10:17 AM) Salary-wise, I think both wouldn't be here. No; You have your MLE in the affermentioned scenario and Mirotic signed for the MLE and Pau close to it so one of them would be here (you'd also be well below the luxury tax). Right now Bulls are significantly below the luxury tax threshold and they would be with Deng as well.
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 10:16 AM) I now wish we didn't trade Deng in a salary dump last year. We feel we have a scary roster with plenty of depth and length right now, had we not trade Deng, we could have still made all the moves we made, and resign him with the Bird rights, and still stay under the tax apron, which frankly would have been a greater addition than anyone we can get in the FA market right now. One of Pau / Mirotic wouldn't be here.
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 10:08 AM) seems like a lateral move Lol. Fixed.
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 09:21 AM) I really don't know what to think of Lance Stephenson. I usually don't give a damn about character issues if the person isn't a hardcore criminal but something wasn't right with the Pacers at the end of last season and he was clearly part of that. Evan Turner was a disaster and they dropped their primary (and relatively only) locker room leader in Danny Granger last year.
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 09:19 AM) The Pacers thought the same thing... Ummm...Pacers had a million issues. Last thing they had was a good clubhouse. Hibbert has had mental issues for some time and George had other off the court stuff impacting him. The two clubhouses aren't remotely comparable. All of the Pacers blow-up happened after they dumped their leader too (Granger) and replaced him with Turner. Bulls lockeroom is full of vet leaders that I presume we don't plan on dumping. From Noah to Taj to Hinrich to Rose. Obviously we have some new faces coming in but you come to the Bulls and you immediately know the aforementioned 4 guys are your leaders and they aren't going to put up with guf (nor is our head coach). I put Rose in there because by all intents and purposes he has the lockeroom controlled and while not vocal the way he acts sets some serious examples and the vocal guys like Noah / Taj / Hinrich can help exemplify it. You also have seasoned vets like MJD as well.
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 08:39 AM) I think the Stephenson stuff is so overblown. He's a good player who acted like a douchebag a couple of times on national TV. So f***ing what. Just about every player in the NBA acts like a douchebag at some point. Also, he's going to get a better deal out of this because he's only signing for 3 years. Like Lebron, and unlike Melo, they're going to be able to take advantage of the new TV money (NBA is asking for double what they currently have), which is going to raise the max salary limits. Melo is locked in, these other guys aren't. Melo doesn't have an opt out?
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 08:38 AM) The Bulls locker room is a pretty clean and tight unit. They have a clear leadership, and a clear expectation of how to handle yourself. A guy like Stevenson could well destroy a lot of that. It is hard to account for that. By definition that is the exact type of locker room that should be able to handle a guy like Stephenson.
-
Brady Aiken DID NOT SIGN
QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 04:55 AM) You need help. Ummm...that is the author, not caufield.
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 07:57 AM) The bulls are capped out. Gasol makes less money than Lance. In order to open up more space, MDJ is only logical player, snell/butler less likely. Lance + Greg Smith - Gasol = a bit less than MDJ contract. There are probably some scenarios where in an ideal world you could have gotten Lance, Hinrich, and Gasol (while leaving Mirotic over for one more year). That wouldn't have been the worst thing in the world either. This is assuming you could have convinced Gasol to come to Chicago for the MLE, but I presume there was a pretty good chance of that (since he signed for just slightly over the MLE).
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
One big thing is, Stephenson leaving Pacers, well it might fix their clubhouse but it will have a negative impact on their offense. They are going to need Paul George to be top 3 player in the NBA Paul George if they plan on making it out of even the East.
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 07:48 AM) Assuming the following: Boozer could not be moved and is amnestied The McDermott trade happens exactly as it did (Randolph included) Hinrich signs Does soxtalk prefer: Rose-Hinrich Stephenson - Snell Butler - Doug Taj - Mirotic Noah - Greg Smith or the current Rose-Hinrich Butler-Snell Dunleavy-Mcdermott Gasol-Taj-Mirotic Noah-Gasol ???? What happens to MJD in the 1st scenario? I like the starting lineup of the 1st team more. 2nd team with a better bench but part of that is because I dont' know what happened to MJD (S&T?). I would presume if we did S&T MJD in scenario 1, it would have been for some form of a back-up big.
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 05:47 AM) Really? Pau Gasol at 7.3 seems like the better get to me. I'll say it 100 times, I'd rather have Lance then Pau. A lineup with Lance in it is better then the alternative. A wing starter who can score (and in this case also play lock down d) was a far bigger priority then another big. I like the Pau move and I think the Bulls are better but Stephenson should have been a higher priority, especially at this money. Plus, Stephenson is a bigger asset moving forward to help you from the perspective of potentially trading for a star. That said, I think Pau is a great fit, its just with Mirotic on board, I'd have rather upgraded our back-court some more (although I love the depth we have down low right now and I also don't know enough about Mirotic and what Bulls think he's capable of early on, but they are paying him to be a productive player from the get go).
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 05:09 AM) 3 yr/ 27mil (3rd year looks like a team option) Good pickup for the Hornets, adds some scoring to that roster, let's just see if they can smooth out his antics. I get so disappointed we couldn't have found a way to get him on Bulls, especially at that price.
-
2014 TV thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 08:55 AM) My favorite part was at the end when President Heller was telling the Prime Minister his sob story about life. "I looked at this picture of this beautiful woman for 15 minutes and couldn't figure out who it was. Then I realized it was my daughter, Audrey." OH BOO F*CKING HOO OLD MAN - he had that s*** going on, but he still didn't resign his position as POTUS? b****, please. Other than that, I enjoyed the season, though it didn't have much in the way of climactic scenes. Yeah, that ending was odd. Overall it was a great season, imo. Missed Jack.
-
what return would alexei net?
QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 04:39 PM) I would barf. If they trade Alexei, they better do a lot better than Avisail Garcia and some lower tier prospects. I think that would be a pretty excellent return. A top 50 prospect + some high upside lower level guys would be nice.
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 03:23 PM) Will Mirotic make a summer league appearance? Would appear not. Maybe he didn't make roster in time? Would have been great to see him get his feet wet.
-
Job Hunt Thread
QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 02:51 PM) I have had three interviews with a company and they just now called my references, hope that is a good sign! Fantastic sign. It is either yours to offer or you are in the final 2. Normally companies don't spend the money / effort to go through references until they have made up their mind or at least put you into the final two or three spots.
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 02:52 PM) Kyle Orton was released. Bears should be all over him. Light years better then our backups.
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 03:01 PM) He'd be filthy on this roster. Who? George or Love? Cause on this roster, I'm taking George over Love. To be frank I'm doing that on most rosters. Love is a great two way player (presuming you can get some of his off the court issues that turned into on the court issues taken care of).
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 02:56 PM) I think Melo was a better fit for the Bulls but if I'm starting a team I'm taking Love over Anthony. Love over Paul George as well. Starting a team is a different answer; You factor age, etc, but Carmelo Anthony is a better player today, then Kevin Love, imo. PS: I actually like Kevin Love a lot; He just isn't top 5.
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 02:55 PM) I assume by including George you are talking about ... wait Paul George. Paul George is not better than Kevin Love. Paul George isn't even a top ten player. You think Paul George is better than Westbrook? Howard? Davis? Love? You are nuts. This board is so stupidly against Kevin Love just because Felix was annoying. I think I'd rather have Paul George then Kevin Love, all things considered. Or at least consider it. Like I said, my listing was in no particular order, just a random 5 I have who was better then Love.