Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
I traded for him last week in my fantasy ball league. My bad…figured I'd buy low on him dealing Rubio. I can't even field a team now. In the past week, about every guy that has gotten hurt has been on my squad.
-
Official 2013-2014 NCAA Football Thread
Boom goes the dynamite...Hawkeyes win!!!
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
f*** all this rebuilding talk. Rose...be alright!!!
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
Think positive thoughts ladies and gents…something like sprained ACL and torn MCL or a torn meniscus and MCL but healthy ACL. Thoughts with ##Drose##
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
I keep hoping for sprain.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 08:16 PM) Whoever stoke it off her desk is stupid w/ cameras. I had $60 stolen out of my wallet at work a few years ago and the camera caught the girl clear as day. So stupid. I love catching thieves at my club. I'm good at being aware and observing everyone that comes in. They may steal once but they always come back and I get them. It's fun catching these idiots that think they're so sneaky. In California it is a labor violation to have camera's on an individuals desk area.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 14, 2013 -> 05:44 AM) My wife's grandfather, a 90 year old WWII vet who fought at Normandy, died last night. Not very many WWII vets left. Condolences.
-
Fantasy football advice thread
Welp...Pats got me 3 points, I needed 4 (going up against the guy with the Bengals defense). I was 2nd in points on the week, he was 1st and beat me by less then 1 point. I am now 5-6 with 100 more points then anyone else in my league.
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 19, 2013 -> 07:58 AM) Rice ran 11 yards to the 5 Timeout #1 1:16 - 1st & goal - Ravens run and get stuffed Time out #2 1:10 - 2nd & goal - Ravens run and get stuffed Time out #3 1:04 - 3rd & goal - Ravens run and get stuffed No more timeouts, the Ravens can run the 40 seconds down and kick with around 18 seconds left Of course, this assumes that the Ravens don't throw an incomplete pass, don't go out of bounds, don't score, or use one of their own two timeouts. Bad logic in that assumption (from Trestman's part). I at least like that he had a well thought process behind his logic, I just don't agree with it. The Ravens aren't going to be running the whole time. They are going to throw to the end zone at least once, if not twice. One of those is caught, its a TD and we need to score, if they are incomplete, well then we are in the same spot. Plus, Bmore had 2 timeouts of its own so they could have made whatever adjustments they wanted to anyway.
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 19, 2013 -> 07:12 AM) That's defensive holding and not pass interference. 5 yard penalty (vs. ball on the 1).
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 19, 2013 -> 06:56 AM) There was a PI call in the Bears game where the ball landed nearly 10 yards beyond the end line. I'm still trying to figure out how that ball was catchable, yet I didn't notice anybody on the Bears sideline complaining, nor did the announcers mention it. I was complaining. That was a bulls*** PI for the same reasons I don't think this was PI. Now if you want to argue holding or something else, maybe, I wasn't paying attention to see at what point in the play the holding happened but I presume it occurred while the ball was in the air (vs. prior to where you'd be talking illegal contact).
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 19, 2013 -> 03:54 AM) There is no way Gronk stops his momentum, turns back and reaches the ball, defender or no defender. (Disclaimer: Panthers W won me my confidence pool) I agree. That was PI but an uncatchable ball. At most, Gronk is able to break up the play from being a pick and that is pretty debatable. There is no flipping way he can make a play on the ball based upon where that throw was and where the DB who picked the ball was.
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 18, 2013 -> 06:04 PM) Well, if he's right that they'd only have 18 seconds (versus 10 or 7 or whatever) while giving the ravens the ability to change their packages and call a wider variety of plays, it makes sense. I just don't know if he's right about the time that'd be left. I have no earthly idea where he gets the 18 seconds. Can someone explain to me? He had 3 timeouts and like 50 - 60 seconds left and 1st and goal. In what world would there be 18 seconds left? I'd think you'd have like 30-40 seconds left.
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 11, 2013 -> 06:29 PM) I said this last week. Maybe they're just this bad? They aren't, but you all can overreact all you want.
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (MAX @ Nov 10, 2013 -> 09:58 PM) If Jeffrey catches two TD passes that hit his hands, no one is talking about cutler. I don't know what the 2nd one was, but the one on a post over the middle of the field was a beautiful ball by Jay (and should have been an easy catch). When relatively healthy (1st half), Jay looked really freaking good (despite not having his mobility). Quick reads, crisp throws, great on 3rd down. This game had me feeling better though because defense played better. The game that makes me sick is the Redskins game. That was embarassing and that lost cost us a more serviceable cushion.
-
Saltalamacchia
I think Sox will bring AJ back.
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 10, 2013 -> 01:05 PM) yep, some bad playcalling at critical moments and a bad decision to let him start in the first place. In the 1st half it was pretty clear Jay was relatively healthy and looking very sharp. Unfortunately the Lions are a dirty as s*** team that took a lot of late hits and cheap shots (quite a few that should have been called, imo). I f***ing hate Detroit more then any other team in the league. They are total scumbags defensively (as is there coach).
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 10, 2013 -> 01:03 PM) Two horrendous play calls on the two points conversions. The 1st play call was one of the worse calls I've ever seen in that situation. The 4th and 1 call in the 1st half was terrible too. As a whole Trestman did a good job calling plays in the 1st half, 2nd half was ugly but Jay was also pretty limited due to the injury. Really tough though cause I think the Bears outplayed the Lions in this game. Jeffrey had one costly drop on a great strike in the 2nd half (other one was a tough play). Marshall slowed down on a deep ball, had some drops, and Jeffrey got tied up on another deep ball that got him out of position. I actually feel better after this game though (assuming Jay is okay). Defense struggled at times but as a whole played pretty good against a good offense. Tillman gave up 2 td's but limited Calvin pretty well (and one of Calvin's TD's was pass interference). I think the Bears can build on this but the division is out of reach unless the Lions choke.
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
Lets do this tomorrow Bears!!! Lets beat the Lions!!!
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
So I just traded Ricky Rubio for Derrick Rose in my fantasy league. Derrick...please don't make me regret that. I know you won't!!!
-
Fantasy football advice thread
QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Nov 5, 2013 -> 03:31 PM) Read your recap from this week, what would your record be if you played every team every week? That'll really tell you how much you've been screwed. I go from 4-5 to 8-2 (which would be good for 1st place, if I played my opponents schedule, I'd be 51-30). But i'm not surprised since I am #1 in the league in points (despite being 6th).
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 1, 2013 -> 01:53 PM) If you told me several months ago that he'd struggle out the gate, I wouldn't be surprised. It's surprising that he looked so sharp in the preseason and looks this way now So, the alternate question. Is there some roster configuration that would make Steph the better fit? The defense in preseason and the rotations are not near what he is seeing as the season started. He also didn't get many minutes with Noah either. And he showed explosiveness and scored in the preseason but also made quite a few real sloppy passes and poor decisions (from what I saw). I didn't mind them though because the explosion and the looks of an improved shot were there (as was the aggression). He's going to learn and things will come back and this team will soar to a title!
-
2 Realistic trade options I came up with
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 31, 2013 -> 04:20 PM) Not to mention Ethier's not an everyday CFer. Giving away Beck OR Santiago is way too much. Beckham, fine. Whatever. Beckham + a substantive chunk of cash for Ethier and I'd bite but anything more, no thanks.
-
2 Realistic trade options I came up with
QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Oct 31, 2013 -> 04:01 PM) Trade 1: White Sox trade Gordon Beckham, Hector Santiago, and Chris Beck to Dodgers for Andre Eithier. Why it makes sense to me: - Its no secret that LA has 1 too many OF'ers and Eithier seems to be the odd man out. - Beckham can play either 2b or 3b and both are positions of weakness for the Dodgers. Uribe, Schumaker, and Mark Ellis saw a lot of PT for them - Although hes been a bit of disappointment for us, Beckham is a good buy low option for a team like LA. - Santiago is a young, cost controlled SP who should excel in the NL west. Presents a very cheap #4 starter for the next 3-5 years. - Beck is a decent arm that could be a 5h/middle reliever in the near future. - Don't think I need to explain why Either is a good fit for us. Trade 2: Alexei Ramirez for David Freese -No need for me to ramble here. They need a SS and we need a 3B. Freese's down yeaer of .260/.340 is sadly a huge upgrade for us at 3b but he should be much better next year, especially at The Cell. Let me know what you guys think.... I won't comment on trade 2 but trade one would be one of the worse trades in baseball history when you factor in Ethier's contract, injury history, and age.
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 31, 2013 -> 08:00 PM) Derrick can't score, can't get a foul call, and is absolutely not facilitating for his teammates. We looked our best with Hinrich in the game...and he is bad. I don't know why people aren't surprised. He hasn't played team basketball in some time (and exhibitions aren't necessarily great indicators). This shouldn't really surprise anyone and with time he'll become a much better facilitator and this offense will start to look a heck of a lot better (and more efficient).