Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. QUOTE (danman31 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 03:12 PM) Yeah, Stewart and Reed is pretty awesome coming up. I have a feeling the Sox will try to keep Stewart as a starter though. Stewart is easily in our top 5 prospects. Probably top 3 if you go Viciedo, Reed/Stewart. As for spinning Frasor...the Sox only have a couple games left before the deadline. It's going to be tough to fall out of it that quickly. And than at that point, can't they pretty much get type B compensation for him and/or excerise the option and use him for another year at a pretty fair price. The reality is to me the club is clearly looking at potentially moving some of its relievers and at the trade deadline, relievers always seem to have very steap prices. Heck, given how crappy the central is, I think if the right offers are out there to retool, you do it, knowing that in this crappy division, the club should still contend. I also highly doubt the club is going to move any of its other starters (e.g., Danks). So that means you possibly spin Quentin, Thorty, Ohman, and maybe Frasor. That should give you some solid parts while also opening up spots for Reed/Stewart/Santiago/etc. The hard part truly is replacing Quentin's production.
  2. Sounds to me like the worse case scenario is a year from now we have two, young, cost controlled power armed righties (Stewart & Reed) setting up our young, cost controlled, power closer (Santos). I still think if the Sox fall out of this, they can always spin Frasor for a good prospect.
  3. QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 02:40 PM) I would like to see the Sox get Beachy or D Brown for Q I think I'd rather get Brown. I'm just not as high on Beachy as everyone else.
  4. I like the idea. Assuming you buy low on Gamel. THis is the type of thing the Sox have historically done a good job on. Fly under the radar on prospects with talent that might need a change of scenery. Would they have interest in adding yet another reliever? Put Thorty in the pen to go with what they have and that would be a sick pitching staff (rotation + pen). Of course we'd need more than just Gamel in a deal involving Thorty.
  5. Weddle (sp?) is staying in San Diego. My coworker, who is one of his best friends, is on the phone chatting with him right now about the ridiculous deal he just agreed to.
  6. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:15 AM) As they certainly should be; LaRussa's done a fine job with that team, but the Rasmus situation has been a complete joke this year. His personal vendetta cost them a lot here. Secondly, the White Sox, had they prioritized winning baseball, could have had Rasmus for a similar sweetheart deal. There's no reason not to toss them Thornton and Reed and enjoy a future built around Colby Rasmus, Dayan Viciedo, Gordon Beckham, and even Carlos Quentin. Thornton, Jackson, and Reed would have been a pretty steap price.
  7. This is a bummer. Rasmus would have looked real nice out in CF.
  8. Ditto. All the best Edwin!
  9. Closing this thread, since Rasmus won't be a White Sox.
  10. With Edwin traded, I'm closing this thread.
  11. QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 09:44 AM) Rz....is a very highly regarded lefty reliever in the majors this year, regarding his trade value. It tells me one thing, the Sox and Cards did talk about a deal surrounding Thornton and Jackson plus a prospect.
  12. I can live with this. I figure if the Sox lose, they could always spin Frasor for some value. Teams always give up a lot of relievers. Stewart has a good arm and some potential and I dont' mind seeing what Coop can do with him. Today's game will be pretty big as I assume it will set the tone as to what the remaining moves will be. It sure is nice having Teahen long gone. Add in the fact that Rios is now benched, even better.
  13. Wow, that was a massive hanger. On a sidenote, I don't think peavy did all that bad. He had a rough 6th, but part of that was a bunt single and a bloop by Cabrera. Can't really gripe there. Maggs hit him hard and Victor turned on a high fastball (not a bad pitch). By and large, Peavy had good velocity and solid command and was pitching a damn good game through 5. People clearly have higher expectations due to his contract, but he is doing nothing but getting better and I expect him to be more consistent next year as his arm and body should be in better game shape next year.
  14. I want to say in advance that I don't like the idea of using Crain after all he did yesterday.
  15. QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 05:14 PM) Don't forget the rumor that Sox are dying to move rios to a corner position. If it is CQ traded then De Aza makes sense What is the rationale here? Do they just figure this would put him back to a more comfortable position, one where he excelled offensively for a while (even though the year he sucked in Toronto, he was in RF). Or do they figure ideally, you put him in the corner where, defensively, he'll be pretty much the best in baseball at his respected position.
  16. IF he isn't being called up tonight, couldn't that just mean, he's being called up "tomorrow"? I suppose he could be getting dealt, but for what? Him alone isn't exactly going to land us anything that would make this club much better.
  17. QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 05:06 PM) I still think it is the lefty set-up man we haven't used in three days and the starting pitcher we haven't listed for his next start To me we could trade those guys for people who don't even play on the major league roster and it probably wouldn't have much of an impact on our overall success as a club. Both are obviously good to above average major leaguers, but, at the same time, with the way this team has played, you never know what could spark it. And if nothing does, well, than having both of them on the club would have been all for not. This has to be as hard of a team to evaluate as possible. On a piece by piece basis, there are a lot of guys with talent and prior sucess who should still be productive. On top of it, there are a lot of guys who other contenders would love to have on there roster (everyone in our rotation, our SS/1B/RF/LFer (Pierre has some value, not near as much as the other guys) plus Thorty.
  18. If it is Rios, clearly the Sox aren't just waiving him. And I'm not aware of any injury. Only thing I could remotely think of is DL'ing Dunn. But if that is the case, why not Viciedo. Unless of course they figure Viciedo's thumb injury would prevent him from making much of an impact out of the gate?
  19. I can't see the White Sox moving Omar. And if they did, I assume they'd bring someone up that could play some SS. Unless the club figures its just another spot they could use Lillibridge.
  20. I wonder what is going on? Is someone getting placed on the DL? If not, it has to be a trade cause I can't see anyone on our roster being sent down right now.
  21. Reports are now that Senzenbacher has NOT been signed to a deal. He's not on the official UDFA release and Jeff Dickerson talked to Halas Hall and it was not an oversight that he's not on the list.
  22. I'd support a bit of a youth movement. If done right, it could be great for the franchise.
  23. I think it is pure speculation. Just indicating what teams have holes at 3rd.
  24. Did he say that, as reported, is incorrect? Meaning, maybe the reporters have the facts wrong in the names being tossed around?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.