Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:07 AM) Am I an idiot for saying I'd rather have Jefferson than Lee or Boozer? No, but there are questions surrounding Jefferson. I wonder if we could pull of some sort of deal for Jefferson, using Deng/picks as bait. Than the Bulls have enough money to go after LBJ plus spread out money to guys like Reddick/Allen. Bulls would have low post presence (Noah/Asik at C; Jefferson/Gibson at the 4), nice depth at the 2 that can shoot the long-ball (Reddick/Allen), and of course Rose/James. That would be pretty sick. Completely delusional, but sick nonetheless.
  2. Lillibridge has been hitting it hard when he makes contact. Gotta give him credit for that. Defensively he is throwing the ball everywhere.
  3. QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:03 AM) Hopefully Marquez is called up for long relief, and then sent down for Hudson to start on Sunday. Marquez better not be starting vs KC I'm sure Marquez is coming up for Relief. Torres just started so he wouldn't be available, Hudson is not ready either. They'll use Marquez as depth in the pen for a couple days, than promote Huddy to face off against Greinke.
  4. QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:04 AM) I think you are underestimating LeBron and his "crew's" motives. One of LeBron's main goals is to become the next Billion dollar athlete. He is likely looking at the roster in New York and thinking it's no worse than Cleveland's and he could make millions more in endorsements. And if that is the case, he'd be a buffoon to go to Miami. He will lose money playing with 2 other big name stars.
  5. QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:03 AM) If you get LeBron you are automatically a contender just by pairing him with Rose and Noah. LeBron took a bunch of garbage to the NBA finals a few years ago. He certainly is capable of winning a title with Rose as his #2. The problem is that without LeBron, the Bulls basically have no hope of winning a championship for at least the next 5 years and probably longer unless they luck into a superstar in the draft again or a team decides to give them a star for nothing in return like Memphis giving the Lakers Gasol. I just can't predict what will happen 5 years from now. Now if LBJ goes to Miami, yes, we are most likely f***ed. However, if he doesn't, than all we need is to hit right on one guy. Is it easy, no, but possible, certainly. The hard part is going to be managing that flexibility while still improving. The Bulls could also pull off a deal that got them Al Jefferson right now. I don't know, but I wouldn't quit until this is over and if we don't land one of these guys, I won't be pissed at the Bulls because they gave it there best, but I will be pissed that we never had Noah/Rose making a pitch. Someone needs to tell Derrick that we need LBJ to be great and get Rose/Noah on the 1st flights out to Lebron Mansion and sell him on how much they want him on the Bulls and the great things they can do. Hell, lets put Boozer or Lee on the plane too so they can tell James in person that they will be signing with the Bulls as well.
  6. QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:01 AM) Even with Amar'e, the Bulls roster is so much better than the Knicks it's not even funny. He'd be an idiot(and hell he very may well be one) to go to the Knicks for that reason. Rose > Amare. However, LBJ might feel that Rose isn't near as good next to him as he is by himself. We need to hope that Drose and Noah show up at this basketball camp to recruit him to Chicago. That is what I f***ing want and what we f***ing need. Time to go all in. I'll even buy the plane tickets.
  7. QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 10:57 AM) Hit the nail on the head right here. I meant to say, aren't completely screwed. It definitely isn't pretty and our rebuilding will last longer. The team will have to be very creative and find another way to eventually find a 2nd guy. Basically, now, they need to hope Rose is the guy and than you can find the 2nd fiddle guy, hopefully a little easier. Maybe they can pull a Horford out of Atlanta in time or work some huge deal with the Clippers for Blake Griffin? I have no idea, just throwing s*** at a wall but quite frankly that is what the Bulls will need to do after this. Short term they can go Lee or Boozer + Allen and be alright. I happen to actually think Reddick would be a great fit in Chicago, especially next to LBJ. I'd be happy with LBJ/Reddick/Haywood. We'd have a deep team with enough star power and nice balance, imo.
  8. QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 10:54 AM) That sounds about right as to what will happen. Could the Bulls even afford LBJ if they did get a Boozer agreement done ASAP btw? As long as it wasn't for the max. And Boozer isn't worth the max. The Bulls need to hope they can get a guy that will come in and play for about 13M. If they do that they will be ok and have plenty of money for a 2nd option or a potential future max.
  9. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 10:54 AM) Awesome! I actually think a Rose/Allen/Deng/Boozer (or Lee)/Noah front court with Gibson and some parts on the bench is actually one of the best teams in the East. The problem is long-term it isn't the biggest answer. I will say the Bulls are'nt completely screwed. Rose can still turn into the batman and has the tools to be that, but the Bulls still need to find a Robin to go along with Noah. Who that will be, I don't know, but Boozer or Lee are both pretty solid players. I still believe the Bulls org is handling things appropriately, the problem is I'm not sure who out there we could just go out and trade for? Not many really top players on the block in my opinion: Chris Paul is, but doesn't fit us. Could we get involved in a 3 team deal where another team gets Paul and gives up one of its prime stars...I guess, but why would a team get Paul only to subtract another guy).
  10. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 10:52 AM) I thought the same until today. Wade/Bosh makes the Heat the favorites now. The Cavs can't really compete. It's either Miami/NY. I don't think the Heat are better than the Magic because the Heat currently don't have the depth. If James goes to Miami than everything swings to Miami for a long time in the East. Right now, I don't think the Heat are who I'd be betting on to win the NBA finals or even represent the Eastern conference in the NBA Finals. They are a better deep, but a very very thin team.
  11. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 10:48 AM) I don't know why. If anything that's good news for the Knicks. If the Bulls land Lee or Boozer and miss on LBJ, I think you'll see them overpay Allen or get a Reddick or Mike Miller.
  12. QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 10:45 AM) I really believe if the Bulls thought they were f***ed they'd be doing a lot more crisis control and spinning. But hey f*** me for hanging on to hope. I just can't buy into this LBJ to Miami thing. A, if he was going, wouldn't he have just announced with the other guys? This alone makes you think he wants to do his thing on his own. I also heard Bosh specifically state that one of the reasons he didn't go to Cleveland was that he didn't know that Lebron was in fact staying there and that LBJ had to make up his own mind. I really don't think LBJ knows what is up. We can only hope that the Bulls can do whatever is necessary to look like LBJ's best shot at countering Wade/Bosh because I just don't see LBJ going and playing with two other guys and kind of cheapening his name. But that is just me. My gut tells me the Bulls still have a chance and if we were in fact out, we'd be hearing spin from the org. I do think we need to sign Lee or Boozer ASAP to truly let Lebron know what is up. The Knicks could be back as an option too. They can get a 3rd max guy next season and that might be enough to attract Lebron. I never though they'd be in this race, but what the hell do I know, the thing I'm most confident in (not happening) could end up being the thing I'm most wrong about (the super team in Miami).
  13. Chisoxfn replied to Heads22's topic in SLaM
    Happy Bday Blake!!!!
  14. QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 06:24 AM) So I had to take the car in for the third time last night because of over heating. Its been the same problem and I havent even had it 6 months. I dont know what to do. I have no legal options so it seems. It is still covered by warranty right? Maybe take it to another mechanic that you trust, get a diagnosis and than ensure that the dealer fixes it. Sounds to me like it might be the same problem and they just haven't figured out how to fix it. It really might not be as bad as it sounds, but who knows.
  15. Man, I hope Peavy will be healthy and that this is minor and he'll miss no more than 2-4 starts.
  16. QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 03:41 PM) lol, now Bucher says Wade/Bosh are CLEARLY a package deal to CHI or MIA. MAKE UP YER MIND SON! The hard part is, you can't get both to come on S&T's, therefor, it is highly unlikley Chicago gets both Wade & Bosh.
  17. Guys, I know someone who works at Morgan Creek. Just emailed him to find out if there is any truth to this Major League 4. Morgan Creek is the production company that would be behind the movie. I'm also demanding passes to the premiere if they make the movie.
  18. The Bulls only hope is that the cavs missing out on Bosh means LBJ can tell Cleveland that he tried, but was unable to lure the players he needed to stay in Cleveland and because of that he'll be going to Chicago where he'll have that opportunity (joining Noah/Rose/and one of Bosh/Boozer/Lee).
  19. Sounds like LBJ ain't getting Bosh, which is bad news in terms of us getting Wade (cause it is more likely that Wade/Bosh get the full max in Miami than Chicago, cause Chicago can likely only do it for one of the guys). However, LBJ/Boozer is still a possibility.
  20. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 10:45 AM) Broussard has made himself a complete ass in this entire situation. He likes talking up the Knicks a lot and the power of a little talk.
  21. QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 10:32 AM) Did Rose really say he prefers JJ over Lebron? Don't think so. I know Rose and JJ is a better fit, but Rose wanted Lebron here as well. Pathetic Cleveland beat writers trying to create rumors and dramas of a dysfunctional Rose Lebron relationship to turn Lebron away. If Rose said or does anything like that he needs to get the f*** out now. I don't give a s*** who he is, but if it is true, get lost Rose. I want Lebron more than anything. Guy is a stud.
  22. QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 09:40 AM) If the Bulls end up gettin 2 max FA's, can they still use the MLE? Nope. They'd have to make a deal with the Magic. Bulls do have a few exceptions that might work though to the point that the Bulls could do a sign and trade and use the exception and give the magic a draft pick for helping em out.
  23. QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 09:37 AM) And if Allen's going to take less money to leave Boston (which prob isn't happening) that'll probably be with a contender. The Bulls may have a chance with Redick at the full MLE, especially after the Magic signed Duhon today though. I love the idea of Reddick to the Bulls. But not if it means we didn't get a LBJ or Wade, haha.
  24. QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 09:15 AM) The question is, is it worth dealing Noah and risking only getting Bosh? Because if you don't include Noah, you don't get Bosh. And if you don't get Bosh, you risk getting none of the big three. And if you get none of the big three, you're basically irrelevant for at least a few years, if not longer. You are just more reliant on having Rose develop into a superstar and hoping that we can find another guy via draft or eventually via FA who can score too.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.