Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 15, 2010 -> 06:32 PM) You and Jas are just off your rockers on this. Seriously. You've seen me post here that ObamaCo is pretty much as bad as BushCo was on Katrina... but criminally negligent? The President? Just as responsible? Not enough LOL'ers in the world for that. BP was indeed criminally negligent, as we have clearly seen. What ObamaCo has been, much like BushCo after Katrina, is managerially and administratively inept in the extreme. That, I don't see how anyone could argue. When did I say they were criminally negligent? They f***ed up majorly.
  2. Who did you use to be?
  3. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 22, 2010 -> 04:17 PM) Mine's $16,000/year, and that's because I'm in a large group plan, not in the individual market. f***, thats expensive. Mine is 960 a year and once I switch over and add my wife to the plan it will go to 1400 a year. Holy s***, I never knew insurance could cost that much when you get your benefits through a company/government entity. I know my parents pay a crapload since they are self-employed and don't really get the benefit of group plans and because of there age and no group plans they get ass-raped. s***, Balta, that is just ridiculous. That freaking sucks.
  4. QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 15, 2010 -> 03:03 PM) Greg Walker should still be out of a job. Agreed. Regardless of what he preaches (and I think he's a good hitting coach), the results haven't been there and no matter how good you are, eventually you need results. Since it is easier to switch coaches than players, the coach should have gone a long-time ago.
  5. QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jun 15, 2010 -> 03:07 PM) Steve Kerr leaving the Suns. Sarver certainly is quite the tight-arse owner. I'm sure Kerr will get another GM job if he wants it. He'll probably replace Doug Collins on TNT though for next season. Also probably improves the chances of Amare leaving I'd say. Kerr didn't want to take a pay cut in his newest extension and when the Analyst job opened up he doesn't he'd go back into that. He'll be back into the booth for at least next season.
  6. QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 15, 2010 -> 03:27 PM) Rumor is Tom Izzo is staying with Michigan State, FWIW. Now will Cleveland hiring Byron Scott over Izzo help or hurt the Bulls chances. Sam Smith thinks it hurts the Bulls chances because of the way Scott treats his star players. I have inside info on Scott which is why I constantly bash him. The guy is a POS of a head coach, imo. Just doesn't possess the communication ability to be an elite head coach. And as a coach he ain't all that great either.
  7. QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Jun 15, 2010 -> 03:35 PM) Well, if it makes you feel any better, 2B Rahmatulla broke his wrist celebrating the victory. It doesn't. I root for Socal teams to kick ass. Bummed out about Fullerton. But I'm proud that my program consistently dominates to the effect that I expect greatness each and every season. We'll be contending again next year, I'm sure of it. But this really was our best team since our National Champ team.
  8. QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 15, 2010 -> 03:46 PM) Imo Obama was damned if he did, damned if he didnt. He uses the US govt, spends tax payers money, people are complaining that he spent their tax dollars on BP's mess. He lets BP clean it up, it doesnt get done quickly, people complain. I just hope they figure out a solution, instead of worrying who to blame. The reailty is there are some things that are bigger. When big s*** happens that needs massive resources the government typcially needs to be invovled because private business don't necessarily have the pull to make it all happen. Sometimes they do, but often times they don't. In this case, it is our governments job to protect our country and this spill harmed our country, so they needed to get involved. I feel the government shoudl do very little other than intervene and try and act as a 3rd party consultant at times to ensure appropriate resources are applied, ensure appropriate funding of roads and infastructure within our country, ensure a minimal life-style for people (i.e., help the poor to an extent by putting programs and assisting people when they are done), oversea education, and of course ensure national defense.
  9. QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 15, 2010 -> 03:30 PM) I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for them. The US government isn't even asking for enough at this point IMO ($20B isn't going to cover everything). Investing is inherently risky, and when you invest in a company with transparently awful practices, well, you risk getting burned. Remember, the US ain't the only country in the world and foreign relations matter. You can't just s*** on everyone. This is a foreign owned entity that we contracted out to and with that we can't just be the be all, tell all, overpowering monopoly we typically act like. While in general most local conglomerates have foreign impacts as well, we still are the governing country but in this case the US really isn't. Sure we can swing a stick, but thing of the british who are seeing there company go to tanks and get thrown to the wovles because of statements of policticans, etc (or at least there is there feeling) who are basically trying to save there ass because they have made the situation worse by not helping BP and not supporting the company. And now we are telling a foreign owned company what they can and can't do. I certainly can feel for them. Think if China told Microsoft that it was going to have talks and recommend that they shouldn't pay dividends becayse of some massive virus that hit Chinese computers through some hole in microsofts OS. We'd be in an uproar and would tell China to go f*** itself.
  10. QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jun 15, 2010 -> 03:34 PM) Obama is just as negligent and criminally liable (yea, I know, can't happen, but in reality this is true) in this as BP now. It is absurd what this guy has gotten away with. Ya he's smooth on camera, but outside of that he is worthless. Basically that has been my opinion of Barack from the get-go. He just isn't seasoned enough to be president and the gist I get from the international arena (reading FT, watching BBC, etc) is that there opinion is pretty similar. Now for the most part the oval office runs itself but in certain times you need to have the president influence the way something is handled and this was one of those times, much like 9/11 and Katrina were. Bush handled 9/11 superbly, Katrina (not so much) but as far as I'm concerned this has been 10 times the f***-up Katrina was. Our response was slow but our failure was because we relied heavily on our state legislation and it was compounded because our state govenrment was completely ignorant. President Bush did't step in quick enough from the federal perspective but he got involved a f***load faster than Obama has. The main difference is obviously on the loss of lives in Katrina vs the oil spill but the long-term impacts of this environmental disaster are HUGE.
  11. QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 15, 2010 -> 03:32 PM) It's another "too big to fail." It doesn't matter how awful they ran their business and how many risks they took; their collapse would effect too many people and so we have to prop them up. There is a legitimate argument for BP sticking around so they can continue to pay for cleanup costs and (lifetime) loss-of-wages damages. Not to mention they aren't a bad company. We put Arthur Anderson out of business because of one f*** up (and it was later found out that they should have never failed). We can't put BP out of business because of one f***-up, albeit a pretty massive one. Especially since everyone was well aware that eventually something like this was bound to happen. Clearly BP has failed and this will be something that all oil companies learn from but the blame is shared with our own federal governments complete ignorance in handling the situation. It is embarassing what our government has done to deal with this mess. And again, I don't think our government would have fixed the problem but they certainly have the power to ensure more resources are poured into a crisis and they completely f***ed up in that. Institutions, other countries aid/resources (which our administration turned down due to a bulls***, outdated law), forcing BP to allow independent consultants to perform there own assessments of the leaks (no way should something like this have been left just to BP's statements. BP clearly isn't independent of the situation and would most likely be best suited by putting out their most beneficial estimates). I'm just really dissatisifed with the way everything has been handled. BP f***ed up, but our government majorly f***ed up too in the handling of a crisis and helped perpetuate the situation.
  12. QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 15, 2010 -> 03:30 PM) I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for them. The US government isn't even asking for enough at this point IMO ($20B isn't going to cover everything). Investing is inherently risky, and when you invest in a company with transparently awful practices, well, you risk getting burned. I never said it was a safe investment, but I think that people are over-reacting from a business perspective and the assumption that BP can't afford this mess is most likely incorrect. Now it could get a whole lot worse, but the US is going to bear some of this burden as well and I don't believe BP will be allowed to fail. The British government certainly wouldn't stand for it and regardless of what we believe the US isn't going to ignore the criticisms from our largest allies and one of the more powerful nations in the world. I would also say that the fiasco was intensifed by our own governments ignorance and unwillingness to step in. BP also f***ed up but this would be a much less of a mess of Obama even did a deplorable job. And I'm not saying the government would solve anything as I tend to believe the governmetn is worthelss, but the government does have more power than BP when it comes to working with other countries, institutions, etc, to ensure that all of the resources possible are involved in a clean-up. This mess was too big for just BP to clean up and the government was completely worthless in the way it has handled this mess. Obama's legacy is heading straight into the s***ter as far as I'm concerned (and he's pretty much been a gigantic failure in my book prior to this and I had been pretty willing to give the guy a chance becasue I won't deny that my republicans f***ed up immensly in the way they behaved during the 2nd half of Bushs' adminastration).
  13. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 12, 2010 -> 09:23 AM) Well, first point...it's in U.S. waters, it is a U.S. licensed rig, the U.S. owns the mineral rights, and the U.S. would be taking royalties on the oil that was sold. It is a U.S. problem involving a multi-national company that the U.S. licensed to do the drilling. Second point; as I noted a few pages ago; other nations with expertise in these areas have offered help. The U.S. turned them down. It was because of an old ass rule indicating something along the lines of how we don't allow foreign ships to do some sort of random business in US waters. I dont' have it exactly but it was some outdated legislation if I ever heard of it and it should have been immediately looked past given the state of the oil spill.
  14. QUOTE (Tex @ Jun 12, 2010 -> 06:42 AM) Which kind of makes me wonder, shouldn't this be a world wide response, not just a BP / US response? You mean the other coutnries that immediately offered up its ships and resources to help with the Gulf clean-up? Oh wait, our government ignored those offers. If they did we would have had a lot more ships out there cleaning things. Countries were offering assistance pretty damn immediately and our govenrment as well as BP looked the other way (albeit, our government is far more responsible for accepting governmental assistance from other countries than BP). This has been an epic f***up and the Obama administration is culprit 1B along with BP.
  15. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 06:59 AM) So, serious question for those who know better. I've been holding 20 shares of BP for the last decade that my Aunt gave me when I graduated high school. If BP goes into Chapter 11 to protect it from creditors, what typically happens to common stock shareholders? Is it worth holding those shares or should I look into dumping it and taking the $600 loss now? They will not go bankrupt.
  16. QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 12, 2010 -> 07:02 AM) I find it hard to have sympathy. BP was a transparently awful company, and investing in inherently risky. Holy cripes, you guys should have heard the British news outlets talk about Obama and the way the US is handling this thing. They are ballistic. They talk I heard was not what I typically associated with England and the US. It calmed down a bit after Cameron had his talk with Obama but they are f***ing livid at the Obama administration and they refer to him as the Great Joke (instead of the Great Hope). The British citizens are getting killed as there retirements are heavily impacted by what the US government is asking for. I personally have a major long-term buy status on BP because they will recover from this and right now they are incredibly undervalued. However, I could be a complete dumbass and be wrong. I tend to believe people over-react.
  17. Hey Dan. Sorry for the belated wishes, but Happy Bday to one of Soxtalk's finest!!!
  18. QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 06:02 PM) AGREED! He has some of the best pure stuff ever. But right now Jimenez is putting up the single greatest season in baseball history (from a pitching perspective, imo).
  19. That is awesome Jeremy. I think I will use it for booking a room for Shipps wedding. You are the man
  20. QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 11:49 AM) I'd like to use either the White Sox or Bulls intro music for the introductions and entrance at my wedding reception next month. I was wondering if anyone could provide the audio files of each for me? For the white sox version, I would use everything up to the Thunderstruck song. Thanks Go with the Bulls. That was what I did for my wedding intro music. Of course the DJ f***ed up.
  21. QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Jun 15, 2010 -> 08:12 AM) I bought my sissy ass 02' Jeep Liberty from them last Febuary some of you might remember. This car in the last week has over heated and left me stuck twice. I feel like I have been sold a lemon. What are my options here? What are they going to do for me? I dont want them to fix it anymore because its a unreliable piece of s*** car. I want a new one. I bought an extended warranty but I just want another car. They arent yet to open so I dont know what to come at them with. I am just pissed off right now ! You are pretty much screwed. I believe the lemon law only applies to new cars. However, the fact that you have your extended warranty should cover you. I also should piont out that Jeep is notorious for having serious issues with there products. I know there will be people who will tell stories about there jeeps that have worked well, but in general, they build a very very poor product. The reason it is popular is because of the uniqueness and the Jeep Wrangler is a fantastic off-road vehicle.
  22. f***. UCLA finally gets past the Titans. Fullerton has PWNED them over the years. s***, sucks, we blew game 2 and Rasmussen was money in game 3.
  23. QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 12:53 PM) http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writ...walt.lee/1.html If this is true, it's not surprising at all. And it's sad as well. Ozzie needs to go. Unfortunately I dno't think it will happen. JR needs to have more faith in Kenny than Ozzie but I know JR is loyal, sometimes to a fault and in this case it is a major fault.
  24. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 12, 2010 -> 07:26 PM) Wow, UCLA with a two-run shot with 2 outs in the 9th. Puts them on top 7-6 Tell me about it, ugggh. Hopefully when I land back in the US tomorrow and log onto my computer I see that Fullerton has advanced.
  25. How is the Stanley Cup possibly ahead of the World Series. No American sports profession has fewer teams make the playoffs and historically even less teams did. Teams in the NHL, NFL, and NBA have a much easier time getting in and from there like most sports, it is a bit if a crapshoot. World Cup I could buy into because of the 1 out of every 4 year thing and the fact that some countries have almost zero chance. Baseball has a few teams that have almost zero chance too.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.