1. 1. ?

• In: This Team has me hooked, they are finally playing to their potential
    • Out: They are beating teams they SHOULD beat. I am not convinced
    • On the Fence: I can't make up my damn mind

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 09:20 PM)
I had a foot in, then I brought it out. I've put it back in, and I'm in the process of shaking it all about.

^^^^

What he said.

I'm not ready to put my whole self in yet.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 09:34 PM)
A bit to early to ask that, ask again during All-Star break.

I'm pumped for now tho.

If we can take two of three from the Braves this week, and two of three from the Scrubs, then I'm in knee deep.

Keep in mind we are going to be playing some decent teams in the weeks up until the All Star break: Braves, Rangers, Angels, with a nice sprinkling in of the Royals to hold us over.

With that being said, it a'int much easier for the Twins who will play the Mets, Tigers, Rays, and Blue Jays.

If we play somewhat like we have this past 12 games, we could make up even more ground assuming the Twins will probably play around .500 agaisnt those squads.

My hopes is that we are in second place by All Star break and out of first by 3-4 games.

QUOTE (whitesox901 @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 09:45 PM)
The Braves are hot like we are, this will be a good indicator on where we are.

looking like Hanson, Hudson, Lowe vs. Danks, Buehrle, Floyd. I think Thursday should be ours, if we can beat Hanson or Hudson, I like our chances to win the series. Their offense has been hitting better recently, but it still doesn't scare me all that much.

The reality is we need to get more production out of our offense across the board, namely CQ and GB in order to have a chance in my opinion. Finally the starters are putting it together as we were expecting to happen since day 1 and it's good to see. But until we can show some more production I am still on the fence. KW needs to get a real DH at the deadline if we're still in it...

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 09:58 PM)
looking like Hanson, Hudson, Lowe vs. Danks, Buehrle, Floyd. I think Thursday should be ours, if we can beat Hanson or Hudson, I like our chances to win the series. Their offense has been hitting better recently, but it still doesn't scare me all that much.

I'm surprised Floyd isn't starting Wednesday. Split up the lefties.

As I said many times if they go only 1 or 2 loses on this trip, I will be "keeping an eye on" again. They gotta do this to AL teams however, but this streak still is promising. If they can beat the Braves at least 2/3, I will probably look out for this team again.

As the VAfan, I live just outside the DC. So I was able to see back-to-back-to-back Sox games for the first time this season.

I would say the pitching is looking very fine, though the Nats were scuffling coming in, so it is hard to get a solid read.

I would also say the team's tenacity is looking much better. Beating the Nats when Strasburg is pitching was a real accomplishment even if the Sox looked like toast after the lead off frame. Then winning a 1-0 game was impressive. Today, as soon as Freddie gave up the lead, we took it back.

It is the hitting that is still the problem.

Yet, on that score, the Sox have any number of players who, if they returned to what you might call "normal," would give a huge offensive boost to the team.

- Quentin

- Beckham

- Ramirez

- AJ

- Pierre

- whoever is playing DH

All of those guys can hit better, perhaps much better. If even 3 of them do, we could contend.

Today, we saw Viciedo. I was in the upper deck, so I couldn't see where the pitches were. But he nailed his first two hit balls, missing a double on a fine running catch by Morgan. I'd say he could add something at 3B/DH.

Still, I'm a waffler. But I think there's real hope. We probably need a reliable bat to contend. But with the DH spot open, we could fill that slot many ways. If we can keep moving into positive ground, I would expect KW to make a move or two.

GO SOX!

I'm on the fence, but pleasantly surprised and happy the Sox have hit .500.

It's true the Braves have a damn good team so this should be a big series.

And it's true we have to prove we can beat AL teams.

The s***ty Royals in past seasons have had stretches where they've won a lot of games against NL teams and then resumed AL play by reverting immediately to being the Royals.

I will say I never ever thought this team would sniff .500 and I applaud the team for that, especially a team with so many bad batting averages. Real bad batting averages.

On the fence. It's been great to play at NL teams because we don't really have a DH and neither do they obviously. I have to see what we can do against the AL. If we can be within 5 games at the All-Star break, meaning basically keeping pace, I'll probably jump in.

It's nice to be excited about baseball again. This team looks like a winner...especially the pitching. But, they just swept two bad NL teams. A sweep is a sweep, and it's even better when it's away. If they take two of three (or better) against a good Braves team, I'll be even more into it.

All that being said, I'm on the fence. Still too many questions with the offense. Beckham and Quentin need to start hitting NOW, or even stellar pitching won't take the Sox to first place.