• In: This Team has me hooked, they are finally playing to their potential
    • Out: They are beating teams they SHOULD beat. I am not convinced
    • On the Fence: I can't make up my damn mind

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in.

Went to Nationals Park Friday night, Center Field Premium seats, row D. Real close to Rios when he was out there. I wore my Justin Bieber Jersey-T. I expected to get heckled hard. All I got was a very poor man's heckler fat man who by the 7th inning cut off was just yelling "RIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS!" the whole f***ing inning.

Now, I'm sitting next to my brother who is a Cubs fan. He's got more s*** than me the whole night and naturally so but there were a ton of stupid Cubs fans in the park and even in our section wearing their gear just to chear against the White Sox.

Anyhow, fatty mcgee gets to my Cubbie fan brother more than me (I'm gotten a lot worse in Cleveland) and so he starts cheering for the Sox. When Rios ripped his game winning RBI in the 11th, we both just turned right around and did the "RIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS!" right back in his face and blatantly high-fived.

It was the most exciting Sox game I've been to. I know it's a sweep of s*** teams, but I'm in it to win it. I wore the Bieber jersey t-shirt the night the White Sox handed Strasburg his first no decision. Baby, baby, baby ooooo...

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 21, 2010 -> 06:06 PM)
That Twins team got some absurd 2nd half numbers (mostly batting average) out of EVERYONE in their lineup including some seemingly mediocre players. 5 starters (Morneau, White, Mauer, Hunter and Cuddyer) put up .850+ OPS's, Morneau hit .342, White .321 and Mauer .311. Then the absurd: their backup catcher (Redmond) hit .321 in 21 starts, Luis Castillo hit .314 with a .375 OBP at the top, Jason Bartlett hit .309, Nick "no bat" Punto hit .285 with a .332 OBP as their everyday 3B and Jason f***ing Tyner hit .312 in 321 PA. The team as a whole hit .316/.363/.474/.838 in July. When you have THAT many fluky performances and throw in the MVP of the league, Cy Young award winner, a catcher who wins the f***ing batting title, a rookie stater with a 208 ERA+ and a closer with a 0.79 WHIP and 12.5 K/9 you're going to win a s*** ton of games.

Yeah but at the same time, Kal, would you be shocked if we caught a run like that on offense? With the way Gordon, AJ and Q hit in the first 50 games, I wouldn't be shocked if we had an overcorrection and put up some pretty insane numbers for a month or 45 games.

Man, y'all need to leave greg alone. That's my boy. He pisses me off. But he's like the little brother you can't stand but would bust the ass of anybody that picked on him. lol.

Thanks. I appreciate any and all love on here.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 21, 2010 -> 10:27 PM)
Thanks. I appreciate any and all love on here.

I.

Love.

You.

Too.

Greg.

:P I am just kidding I am bored. I really do tolerate you well brother.

I can't make fun of him.

I do the same thing.

I just double space my sentences, while he single spaces them.

I find that in paragraph form people glaze over things and I NEED people to read what I post!

Here's to you, Greg775!

To be fair, the Sox and Tigers were also much better teams up to that point in the season than the Twins and Tigers are now. On that date, the Tigers were 48-25, and the Sox were 46-25 as opposed to the current records of 40-29 for the Twins and 38-30 for the Tigers. They will certainly need to have the other 7 players of our offense to start hitting better, but they won't need as much of those ridiculously fluky numbers just by virtue of only needing to make up half the games as the twins did.

QUOTE (gatnom @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 12:11 AM)
To be fair, the Sox and Tigers were also much better teams up to that point in the season than the Twins and Tigers are now. On that date, the Tigers were 48-25, and the Sox were 46-25 as opposed to the current records of 40-29 for the Twins and 38-30 for the Tigers. They will certainly need to have the other 7 players of our offense to start hitting better, but they won't need as much of those ridiculously fluky numbers just by virtue of only needing to make up half the games as the twins did.

Outstanding point.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 21, 2010 -> 04:45 PM)
I honestly remember being in Cincinnati playing the Reds in the midst of our ass-kicking of just about everyone, and it was right when the Twins were beginning to put a streak together. It was right around this time (probably this last weekend), and I knew they were going to make a run. They had Santana, Liriano was coming into his own, and you just could feel that they were going to get back into the race.

I hope that they are thinking the same thing right now.

We can do this....Just need to keep the arms going.

That's the series that it became obvious that Contreras as the best pitcher in baseball was about to end....that hip injury caught up with him.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 01:48 AM)
That's the series that it became obvious that Contreras as the best pitcher in baseball was about to end....that hip injury caught up with him.

Yeah, I think he was 9-0 at that time and he gave up 5 or 6 earned and we bailed him out.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 21, 2010 -> 09:50 PM)
I can't make fun of him.

I do the same thing.

I just double space my sentences, while he single spaces them.

I find that in paragraph form people glaze over things and I NEED people to read what I post!

Here's to you, Greg775!

Yeah Greg, take it from someone who gets picked on for writing long paragraphs/essays/diatribes, you can't please everybody, no matter how hard you try in life.

:bringit

As far as the topic at hand goes, we really can't be as bad as we've played since April of 2009 at home.

For most of this decade, we were always an excellent home team. Somehow, that's disappeared for almost 1 1/2 seasons now, almost inexplicable. Sure, the fan support is down 10-15% compared to seasons past, but that alone has to be far from the reason for the strange splits from some of our players, like Gordon Beckham last year or like Gavin Floyd.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 21, 2010 -> 07:16 PM)
class Kalapse_post{

public static void main(String args[]){

System.out.println("That Twins team got some absurd 2nd half numbers (mostly batting average) out of EVERYONE in their lineup including some seemingly mediocre players. 5 starters (Morneau, White, Mauer, Hunter and Cuddyer) put up .850+ OPS's, Morneau hit .342, White .321 and Mauer .311. Then the absurd: their backup catcher (Redmond) hit .321 in 21 starts, Luis Castillo hit .314 with a .375 OBP at the top, Jason Bartlett hit .309, Nick "no bat" Punto hit .285 with a .332 OBP as their everyday 3B and Jason f***ing Tyner hit .312 in 321 PA. The team as a whole hit .316/.363/.474/.838 in July. When you have THAT many fluky performances and throw in the MVP of the league, Cy Young award winner, a catcher who wins the f***ing batting title, a rookie stater with a 208 ERA+ and a closer with a 0.79 WHIP and 12.5 K/9 you're going to win a s*** ton of games.");

}}

There's some computer coding for ya.

You need to write a script for Kalapse posts that scours baseball reference based on keywords in the thread.

you can't please everybody, no matter how hard you try in life.

Oh I know that.

The real word consists of working for a paycheck with little praise, lots of criticism and the payoff that check you get every 2 weeks.

That's why Oz is laughing all the way to the bank with the criticism he gets. His checks are HUGE.

• 2 months later...
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 07:16 AM)
Its been such a crazy season, to be out at this point would make you question whether you really are a fan at all.

no, to be out is a sign of being a long time Sox fan and having been conditioned for disappointment. If you are old enough to name the '83 roster, and the years after, you know what I'm talking about......and yes I'm well aware of 2005, that does not change anything

Edited by stretchstretch

It is easy to say in or out unless you have to pay your season ticket invoice today. That is the real gut check, am I willing to tie up a chunk of cash in 10 potential postseason games that might not even be played? If they do get eliminated before the postseason, I effectively give the White Sox an interest free loan until opening day next year just to ensure I keep my current seat location.

QUOTE (stretchstretch @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 08:46 AM)
no, to be out is a sign of being a long time Sox fan and having been conditioned for disappointment. If you are old enough to name the '83 roster, and the years after, you know what I'm talking about......and yes I'm well aware of 2005, that does not change anything

This.

The memory of the Dibber and Fred Manrique is enough to give you the chills.