Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
Draft Signings
QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 04:17 PM) I'll be honest, I never used to go on futuresox.com. With the site down the past few days, I was on there all the time. You guys do a great job. Now let's get these guys signed! Well you my friend are missing out. Just wait till Collari writes his first piece. And than we are working significantly on getting more guys in the Collari mold who are involved with the minor league franchises to contribute. It will single-handedly be the best team specific minor league site on the web. Yep, I'm very arrogant about the collective White Sox minor league knowledge on the site.
-
Draft Signings
QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 04:08 PM) When did Bellamy sign? Four days ago or so. Dude, FutureSox is all over that s*** fathom, We RAWK!!!!
-
ozzie
Getz is clearly in a funk but the Sox are actually showing patience and it is smart because Getz is a good baseball player and he could be a valuable assets.
-
Minor League Catch-All thread 2009 edition
Per JPN and FutureSox, Dan Black promoted to Kanny: http://futuresox.com/frontpage/?p=519
-
Back Online
I can't get over how nice this new machine is. Double the ram and a far more efficient database system. This is the fastest site I visit now!!!!
-
Back Online
QUOTE (SI1020 @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 01:53 PM) After it was offline awhile I was wondering maybe it isn't and maybe I'm banned. I wasn't planning on posting much, but I do like to read. So now that it's back that's what I'll do. I know the folks that run this place have taken it a long way from its humble beginnings. And you've been here since the beginnings!!!
-
LSU (Jared Mitchell) playing now on ESPN.
QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 10:18 AM) I came away extremely impressed as well. The guy is a specimen, and he play with great confidence as you said. Does his performance/MVP award now make him more expensive or tougher to sign? Get this guy in Rookie ball ASAP, I wanna see how fast he adapts to pro ball. It gives him a lot more leverage. If he came back into the draft he might very well be a top 10 pick which would command a much higher bonus. I expect him to get over slot money now. Not a whole lot over though. He clearly wants to play in the pro's and what better way to go out than as a champion.
-
AAP: Kevin Dubler
QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 07:05 AM) Kevin Dubler is starting the year in Great Falls. This may change when Phegley gets into the organization, but, we'll see. I think Phegley is going to go straight to Kanny.
-
Aaron's Poreda's first MLB outings
I think it is good that Poreda is getting his feet wet in the pen. I also think Poreda still has some things to work on before he jumps into the rotation and I think Richard will get things figured out. In Poreda's case I expect him to be in the rotation if the Sox move one of there other pitchers, notably Contreras. However, they aren't falling out of contention so they might hold onto Count and at that point it will be one of Richard/Poreda that is in the rotation with the other in the pen. I still think its a good idea to give Poreda a bit more time in the pen.
-
Beckham's Batting Music
It is your love. Check out our interview with Gordon Beckham because he talks all about why it is his song. In fact, the quotes below are from our interview with the studly 3B of the Sox: http://futuresox.com/frontpage/?p=491
-
Back Online
Wow this is the fastest I think the site has ever ran!!!
-
6/25 Games
Smooth Andrew, two years and you've lost it. There are these teams called Great Falls and Bristol
-
Check out the Newly Redesigned FutureSox
http://www.futuresox.com There are plenty of new articles and commentaries and a fresh design (pretty badass one if I do say so myself). So get your butt over there.
-
Site Upgrade
QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 25, 2009 -> 09:40 PM) I noticed it in Soxtalk's absence. Looks terrific. Works on FF most importantly too. Yep, thought everyone would like that.
-
Site Upgrade
QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 25, 2009 -> 09:39 PM) What is the surprise? The Surprise comes later. But the New FutureSox was launched yesterday. www.futuresox.com If I do say so myself, its very f***ing badass!@!!!!!
-
Back Online
I literally hit referesh 1000 times and I had some idea of what was going on. I felt so naked without the site.
-
Site Upgrade
QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 25, 2009 -> 09:34 PM) Is it finally back!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!! It is and on a much faster machine!!!
-
Back Online
After a couple days, the site is back online on the brand new server. It certainly wasn't easy but Kap did a badass job getting us onto the new machine. Its double the ram and soon we will be on Version 3.0 of the forum software. Who knows how much better the site will work on the new server but we expect it to be pretty badass!!!! Let us know if you run into any bugs and thanks for all the patience!!!
-
Draft Signings
If your on Mozilla the site looks messed up. No worries though, our pretty version of FutureSOx will be launched in a few days as soon as our server migration is complete.
-
What do you want to see from FutureSox?
That is already up there
-
Name Change? Anything else needed?
What was CSF's original name?
-
Draft Signings
They are signing a lot more guys than they did last year.
-
Idea for comment: Obtaining another front line right handed SP
QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jun 22, 2009 -> 09:38 AM) Even if CQ comes back (which i doubt), the Sox should still look into improving the OF situation. And I think they will.
-
Site Upgrade
After the site gets upgraded and onto the new forum software, we have two big upgrades. One the brand new FutureSox layout (its stunning) and two, a secret surprise which will roll-out afterwards and remind some people of the good "ole" days. No one other than Mario and I know of what the 2nd surprise is, just an FYI, but it'll go one step farther in making our network the ultimate place for a White Sox fan.
-
6/21 Games
Wow, I still don't like hearing someone saying he feels that he doesn't need surgery cause that means it was at least a thought at one point. I hope everything works out okay. Sweeney, Anderson and Jeremy Reed (after he left Chicago) both missed significant development time and in some instances might have flopped due to wrist injuries (ie, Reed).