Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 08:10 PM) Definitely. He got hit, he missed on the helmet toss and was thrown to the ground. Thank god. I can't stand that guy.
  2. QUOTE (son of a rude @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 06:23 PM) Thats not the lineup. I just put the players according to what position they will play. The lineup is lower in my post. Looks like someone has quick fingers on replies. I figured it out when I read it further.
  3. QUOTE (son of a rude @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 06:20 PM) I just threw up in my mouth. I love your avatar.
  4. SoxAce replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    I lurked for about a full year before registering for soxtalk.
  5. SoxAce replied to Heads22's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (son of a rude @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 03:33 PM) IM MON MY FOURTH SMIRNOFFF ICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM FJUCKING DESTROYED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think Heads has true competition now.
  6. QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 03:14 PM) Should I also reference my sources professor? Or.. don't mess with a lawyer wouldn't hurt.
  7. El Caballo for Pods. Can't believe I'm saying that, but we wouldn't have a W.S. ring without Pods in 05.
  8. QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 03:26 PM) Jeez, we've already got posters at each others' throats and the game isn't for another 6 hours. Can we all cool it a bit? Nah I'm actually enjoying Daa make the new posters look "not very smart" actually. But that's just me. BTW, Rios had to fly from New York, back to Toronto, and now has to fly to Seattle. I'd be surprised if he plays tonight, though it is possible. He'll definitely play tomorrow.
  9. That # sucks. 18 woulda looked better (f*** Lillibridge) I agree with Kev there. Or any # in the 20s.
  10. QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 08:02 PM) He also hit pretty damn well too... ^^^^ Players like to up their game in a contract year.
  11. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 07:38 PM) Rios is 6'5" 215lbs. He's going to lose a step or so in the next couple seasons. Loses a step in CF (though age 30-31, I highly doubt it'll be an extreme step, if at all) put him in RF where he'll still be elite defensively. Problem solved. And as Balta said, not playing on turf definitely helps.
  12. Ouch on Holmberg.. 3.2-IP 3-H 4-R 3-ER 5-BB 3-SO ERA now at 4.03. Just didn't have it tonight. Trayce Thompson 1-2, 1 RBI so far though. Johnnie Lowe is getting destroyed again in his second AA start.
  13. QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 07:08 PM) Okay, so Rios has #15. Beckham has #15. Beckham takes #69? Makes sense... :lolhitting
  14. QUOTE (jphat007 @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 06:51 PM) Unfortunately, or fortunately I suppose, that didn't cripple our spending for the next several years. A poster here gave us little preview of our payroll for the next couple of years.. Were in good shape especially with alot of contracts comming off next year.
  15. QUOTE (jphat007 @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 06:38 PM) I have loved just about every deal that KW has ever done. I hate this move. You remind me of myself and the Pena/B.Allen debacle.
  16. QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 06:25 PM) Look what Willy Taveras got (1) in a bad market (2) coming off less success than Pods There's a serious leadoff hitter dearth. If he can convince a team of his passable CF play, he will get a good sized one year deal If Pods manages to ask for 4-5 mil for one season.. peace out Pods. Isn't his numbers close to OCabs from last year from the leadoff spot? I would think Getz would be passable there at 1/4th the price. EDIT: Thank you Kalapse.
  17. QUOTE (Capn12 @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 06:21 PM) It doesn't bother me in ANY way when anyone on this team does well. Hell thats kinda what I want daily. But I still think his 'value' to the 2005 team was a bit overexaggerated. I'm plenty happy as to the performance this year, and if we can bring him back at a decent deal for next year, I'm all for it. I don't blame you Capn. Up until this year I was shocked that he still got a starting gig. Might as well just ride out this year of his/his fluke season.
  18. I'm gonna predict we get Rios for nothing.
  19. QUOTE (chisox2334 @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 09:52 AM) i expect by tues. it to come and go. The offseason will be where toronto starts unloading players. Stick to reporting the signings, not guessing.
  20. Carter has the most potential, but Allen is the safer bet to develop/make it. I still don't think Carter makes it, but his upside is really special.
  21. QUOTE (chisox2334 @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 09:43 AM) I already believe rios was pulled back. But, that's my thought. I know it's your thought, but your are a pretty reliable source for a while on soxtalk so that'll be sad.. though Ricciardi is/would be an idiot if that happens.
  22. QUOTE (oldsox @ Aug 9, 2009 -> 10:25 PM) I have never seen Quentin in RF. He's barely marginal in left. Can't see him on RF next year. No matter what old reports say about Quentin and him being a better RF from like 3-4 years ago, sox brass don't see him as a RF at all. Remember they trotted Podsednik out there for a few games earlier in the year when Quentin was healthy. BTW, IMO, I still think a 38+ year old Thome is better than Dye right now because he can take a walk, still has power and will still put up the OBP/OPS so gimme Thome and lets see him get 600 here. Though I'm not as big of a Dye fan also so that's partly why. (sorry Kalapse)
  23. SoxAce replied to flavum's topic in FutureSox Board
    QUOTE (MnSoxFan @ Aug 9, 2009 -> 08:02 PM) Sox must have signed 44th rounder Taylor Thompson, RP from Auburn, he started for Bristol tonight They did. BTW.. Jared Mitchell... can take a walk. His OBP will be insane when he figures out all his tools.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.