Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. Somebody should check Brett Morel's pulse. Kid is on a nice streak the past few games.
  2. QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 08:49 PM) We still have to win the game. ^^^^^ This.
  3. I never usually say this to players but.... f*** you Pods.
  4. QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 08:38 PM) Ugh, the dreaded "there it is "X", go hold them". I can't remember the last time we won after Hawk said that. Well I never thought I'd see Buehrle pitching like he has, so theorys and stuff goes out the window.
  5. QUOTE (chisoxpride2 @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 08:36 PM) paul is taking some "interesting" cuts right now... Welcome to SoxTalk. :cheers
  6. QUOTE (tommy @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 08:35 PM) Steve just said .. Cubs.. Yuck. Hes still has the disease inside him.. It's slowly fading away.
  7. QUOTE (Capn12 @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 08:34 PM) Theres your run, Mark... Nice. Great minds.
  8. What a BOMB! JD!! There's your 1 run Buehrle.
  9. Forget Devin Hester... Mark Buehrle.. YOU ARE RIDICULOUS!!!
  10. QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 02:31 PM) Kotsay isn't an OF anymore? Man, the last I remember of him was that he was a great CF. When I first heard this, I thought it was an incredible trade, but not so much if he can't even play the OF. Ditto. But with that said, I still love Kotsay. It's like we acquired my favorite spect/player Jeremy Reed again only alot older now.
  11. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 11:37 PM) Was that incident b4 or after Ramirez's throwing error? Obviously AJ felt he might have had a CS or the play should have been made on the throw (Ramirez late getting there, maybe because he plays too far in the hole...), but the runner didn't advance to 3B or score, right? Is AJ really that upset about a stolen base against him after all this time? Maybe it's just because he is so competitive against the Twins. Surprised Konerko wasn't involved, but not his style...but he played horrible D tonight. He did cancel it out for Danks with the two run homer though. Before. It was during the play where AJ threw the ball to 2B when the runner was trying to steal, had a shot, but it wasn't a great throw, but Alexei didn't block it good/got lazy during the play which had the ball go into CF. I think it was AJ being tired of Alexei's laziness on the field and I personally love to see someone on people's asses on lazy plays since Ozzie usually doesn't (unless its in the clubhouse, though usually managers have that reputation by now, which he doesn't).
  12. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 11:23 PM) Lincecum just threw a CG with a career-high 15 K's. It's amazing to watch him pitch when he's on. In the famous words of Kalapse. "Sure he may look like an innocent child whom you may see frolicking in a meadow some sunny spring afternoon but under that sweet exterior lies a lethal killing machine."
  13. QUOTE (Tex @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 09:50 PM) Seems as if his Doctor may have killed him with an injection. Breaking news on CNN. I kinda figured somethin like that would happen.
  14. SoxAce replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 06:53 PM) Any preferred fish? I love trout, catfish, halibut, and cod. You continue to sicken me.....
  15. Sox will probably get more pub cause of Buehrle pitching alone with some corny reporting. "Bottom of the first, Oh no Buehrle gives up a hit, there won't be another perfect game tonight folks."
  16. QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 06:30 PM) Career .323/.432/.677/1.110 line w/ 6 extra base hits in 31 AB in the Metrodome, it's definitely his favorite park. Of course .556/.667/1.444/2.111 of that came in his 9 AB there in '07. So.. Are you trying to say that Josh Fields likes the Metro-dome?
  17. QUOTE (LZPride08 @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 01:08 AM) has there been a pitcher(s) that has a Perfect Game in his career but hasn't been inducted to the HOF?... i thought THAT itself was a shoe-in to the HOF Look no further than in our own organization. Charlie Robertson.. Not in the hall. I'm sure the other losers...er... stat guys here can say the others if there is any (probably is) assuming that Cone, Wells, RJ (still playing) and Rogers don't count yet.
  18. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 12:21 AM) We're on the same page, Lostfan. It needs to be stated: One catch doesn’t make Dewayne Wise a good baseball player, it makes him a very important part of White Sox history, but it does not make him a good baseball player. I still find it funny that people hate/don't like him. I mean he is what he is. If there's someone you don't like, don't like the front office/management that gives him a 25 man spot/trouts him out there. Wise is a good minor league player. Most organizations wouldn't even have a Wise up here.
  19. QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 12:19 AM) Which one is the higher level, Bristol or Great Falls? This is like the 4th time I've seen you ask this same question on this board.
  20. QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jul 26, 2009 -> 11:44 PM) I'm ashamed that I forgot this...hell, you could use just about anything from Illmatic & have it be in this thread. Good point bro. Hell I was sad to actually see some of these so called hip hop artist people had on this thread (though some jokingly) with people like Nas, Run-D.M.C., KRS-One, Public Enemy, Eric B. & Rakim, N.W.A, LL Cool J, Grandmaster Flash, Outkast, A Tribe Called Quest, The Beastie Boys, Big Daddy Kane, Wu Tang Clan, Slick Rick, Kool G Rap, The Roots, Kurtis Blow, Common, Too Short, Naughty By Nature, Mos Def etc.. etc.. barely or not even mentioned.
  21. How in the f*** did I forget this legendary song?! I Win. Nas- It ain't hard to tell. (BTW some of you people have horrid taste in hip-hop lyrics.. no offense) Poetic, strong, free for the mind/body It ain't hard to tell, I excel, then prevail The mic is contacted, I attract clientele My mic check is life or death, breathin a sniper's breath I exhale the yellow smoke of buddha through righteous steps Deep like The Shinin', sparkle like a diamond Sneak a uzi on the island in my army jacket linin Hit the Earth like a comet, invasion Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin Cause in my physical, I can express through song Delete stress like Motrin, then extend strong I drank Moet with Medusa, give her shotguns in hell From the spliff that I lift and inhale, it ain't hard to tell The buddha monk's in your trunk, turn the bass up Not stories by Aesop, place your loot up, parties I shoot up Nas, I analyze, drop a jew-el, inhale from the L School a fool well, you feel it like braille It ain't hard to tell, I kick a skill like Shaquille holds a pill Vocabulary spills I'm Ill plus Matic, I freak beats slam it like Iron Shiek Jam like a tech with correct techniques So analyze me, surprise me, but can't magmatize me Scannin while you're plannin ways to sabotage me I leave em froze like her-on in your nose Nas'll rock well, it ain't hard to tell This rhythmatic explosion, is what your frame of mind has chosen I'll leave your brain stimulated, n****z is frozen Speak with criminal slang, begin like a violin End like Leviathan, it's deep well let me try again Wisdom be leakin out my grapefruit troop I dominate break loops, givin mics men-e-straul cycles Street's disciple, I rock beats that's mega trifle And groovy but smoother than moves by Villanova You're still a soldier, I'm like Sly Stone in Cobra Packin like a rasta in the weed spot Vocals'll squeeze glocks, MC's eavesdrop Though they need not to sneak My poetry's deep, I never fell Nas's raps should be locked in a cell It ain't hard to tell "One Mic" is also gold from Nas.
  22. SoxAce replied to JPN366's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (3E8 @ Jul 26, 2009 -> 04:17 PM) I like when she randomly starts bouncing up and down :lolhitting
  23. LOL! We got some nice ones on here for some of our character posters. Won't post the whole lyrics like some here, but.... Let's all bring it in for Wally, Eazy sees uncle Charlie Little Boo, God's got him and I'm gonna miss everybody I only roll with Bone my gang look to where they lay When playing with destiny, play too deep for me to say Lil' Layzie came to me, told me if he should decease well then please Bury me by my grand-grand and when you can, come follow me God bless you, working on a plan to heaven Follow the Lord all 24/7 days, God is who we praise Even though the devil's all up in my face But he keeping me safe and in my place, say grace For the case to race with a chance to face the judge And I guess my soul won't budge Grudge because there's no mercy for thugs Oh, what can I do it's all about our family and how we roll Can I get a witness? Let it unfold We living our lives to eternal our soul If anyone (I mean hip-hop fans) don't know who this is, especially considering they are my favorite rap group of all time, and half their god damn names are on the lyrics, I will drive to whatever city/state you live in, and punch you in the face.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.