Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 03:42 PM) But I'd flip TCQ and Ramirez. Not yet. Q has been hitting the ball better but still hasn't gotten the results. When he does and when he gets into a flow again.. Ozzie should make the move.
  2. QUOTE (tommy @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 03:32 PM) Podsednik CF Beckham 3B Dye RF Konerko DH Ramirez SS Kotsay 1B Quentin LF Nix 2B Castro C Contreras P We'll be seeing him there for years. You hear me fathom, Wite, etc..?! BTW Kotsay at 1B. Have yourself a day in your sox debut.
  3. R.A. Dickey?!?! Oh hell yea please!!
  4. QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 10:23 PM) Colon probably ate himself to death..... :lolhitting
  5. Sox game. Party. Plain and simple.
  6. QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 10:07 PM) I will say this one thing... he better develop some velocity. He's 18 dude. Relax. Hell some of my buddies who are pitchers in the minors weren't throwing 90+ till about age 20 or 21.
  7. QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 10:06 PM) I think KW should try to get a solid 3B and move Beckham to SS and Alexei back to 2B and Getz to the bench, minors or anywhere else.... Your logic makes too much sense. Hell I'd preach putting Alexei in CF next year.
  8. QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 10:02 PM) In a perfect world, Getz is your #9 hitter and that gives you some excellent speed when the order turns over. I still don't think Danks is a top of the order hitter, and more likely to be in the 7th or 8th spot. Well as you know everything can change in 2+ years in this buisness. That's why I was pointing out whomever in regards to it. This guy can actually change a god damn philosophy in this organization with his ability to drive in runs, and hit doubles without relying on stealing bases to get in scoring position. It can be 1-0 or 2-0 before the 3 hitter even gets a chance to bat in the first inning.
  9. QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 09:59 PM) I don't care if he only hits 18-20 homers a year. With his ability to hit doubles, that would be deadly in the 3rd spot with fast players in the 1/2 spots. Well I agree with that, but I like him as a guy who hardly K's, can take a walk, and can hit doubles and still drive in Danks2, Mitchell, whomever in the future and Flowers or whoever else to man the 3rd spot. If he goes into 3.. you won't hear an argument on my end, but I like a gap to gap machine at the 2 spot.
  10. QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 09:56 PM) I still wonder where his future spot in the lineup is. I'm gonna say the 2 hole, mainly because he likely won't hit for the power you want for your no. 3 hitter, but you want to get him an AB in the 1st inning. It's debatable. Me, Slav and others see Beckham as a stud 2 hole hitter, with the XBH, gap to gap machine. Fathom, Wite and others see him as a 3 hole hitter, with more power potential, XBH, machine. I honestly don't care as long as he's in the top 3 of the batting order.
  11. QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 09:52 PM) Anyone. ^^^^^^ I guarantee you if Jayson Nix was left handed, he probably woulda pinch hit.
  12. I was wondering why it took Nathan so long to get him.
  13. QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 09:49 PM) the easiest save u can get winning by 2 with 2 outs and wise up Maybe Nathan can hang one and... what the hell am I saying.
  14. QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 09:48 PM) What a f***ing stud! Gordon makes me so happy. He's worth watching anytime really.
  15. GORDON BECKHAM.... Thanks for letting me turn on the TV.
  16. O snap Beckham is up. Time to turn back on the TV.
  17. QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 09:44 PM) Cardinals and Cubs are probably better than the Tigers/Sox/Twins I'll agree on the Cardinals now. Holliday is gonna help put that team over the top. Book it.
  18. Anyone got the score and inning? I stopped watching after that 4 or 5 run inning.
  19. It's always something about that dome though that makes people look funny. I don't wanna be like Hawk and say it's curse or Kurby Puckett is still f***ing around with it, but I'm just tired of the dome overall. Not even the Toronto dome is this crazy.
  20. QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 09:07 PM) Jeff Cox and Greg Walker don't deserve their jobs. It's a damn shame the Cubs had enough balls to fire Gerald Perry even though the cubs offense was near the top last year, and wasn't THAT bad this year. I still don't think that was the right move but they made it.
  21. QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 09:04 PM) Wow, Ross Gload just hit a walkoff homer against Soriano. Now theres the real "THE"
  22. Even though they treat AJ like garbage, Twins fans are pretty classy.
  23. The new field can't come soon enough.
  24. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 09:00 PM) Game Ah there we go.
  25. Waiting for someone to say "game" now right back to the Twins.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.