Everything posted by SoxAce
-
Rays @ White Sox 7:11pm CSN+ - The Passion of The Carlos
God damn it's good seeing Q back. This presence alone makes our lineup even deeper.
-
Halladay Superthread
QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 01:21 PM) OK my bad. That is hwy I am a rookie. LOL Looks like Balta is learning from me with the ol' pull your finger quotes.
-
Greetings From Shenandoah!
Just don't have a heart attack on your way down the raft tomorrow Jim.
-
The Best Pitcher of the Past 5 years
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 19, 2009 -> 10:20 PM) I was going to say Santana with out looking at any stats, so glad to see that the stats back that up. Ditto. Him and Brandon Webb instantly popped in my head.
-
Brandon Allen
QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jul 19, 2009 -> 10:10 PM) If you want to look at it from a glass half empty point of view, which I do for the moment... Pena is 27 years old and has had 3 mediocre/bad seasons in the majors and 1 good season. IF Cooper can fix him and he becomes a reliable set-up man, then I will be fine with the trade. I still wouldn't as far as a "value" standpoint. I said this in the trade thread below my sig. I really hope Pena can turn into the RH Matt Thornton, but I still wouldn't like the deal even if he did as I've stated. There's no secret I've said this is the only deal I've ever hated from him. Every deal I liked from KW even if others didn't. (there is still a few of us who defend the Swisher deal FYI)
-
Brandon Allen
QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 19, 2009 -> 08:32 PM) Established, back of the bullpen power arms can be much harder to find then a DH prospect with a nice stroke. I understand your point but try not to also downgrade Allen in the process Tony. It was a brutal deal, people need to move on though.
-
7/19 Games
QUOTE (beautox @ Jul 19, 2009 -> 05:21 PM) black stays in the game, limping back to the bag Wound up leaving after the inning. Mitchell K's in his second at bat.
-
Happy Birthday Gene Honda Civic!
QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Jul 19, 2009 -> 03:45 PM) I just wanna know if you are the same Gene Honda Civic that emails B&B with awesome emails on the radio. Have a good one by the way. You haven't been around long enough to know he is the legendary Cheat, Jeff. Or you have.. just forgot. He still lurks, hopefully Cheat can post some more and bring another fellow ST poster from the golden days out of the closet. Happy B-Day though bro.
-
7/19 Games
Mitchell with his first BB in professional ball. Continues to show that discipline/eye at the plate. Of course... it's only a walk which some people hate. QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 19, 2009 -> 04:54 PM) Also interesting... Justin Greene hit 3rd in the Kanny lineup instead of leadoff yesterday, and today isn't even in the lineup. Did he maybe get promoted and we haven't heard about it yet? FutureSox All Over It.
-
Beckham flirting with .300.
QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 19, 2009 -> 04:31 PM) "Flirting with 300" Is that 30 very hot chicks? Well he nailed 10 of them who were stunning, and the other 20 were decent to meh, so he's hitting a legit homerun 3 out of every 10 at bats. BTW Steve, you suck for starting this thread basically jinxing Slayer today.
-
Ozzie and his Usage of Aaron Poreda.
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 19, 2009 -> 01:34 AM) Jon Link, Jhonny Nunez, Fernando Hernandez, Carlos Torres, Derek Rodriguez, Adam Russell... If you're not going to use him, send him to AAA and let him continue working as a SP. I was thinking of those guys as well.... until the sox traded Brandon Allen away to get Tony Pena, so I'm thinking the org. doesn't have any confidence in the others/aren't high on the relievers/or don't think the younger pitchers are quite ready yet.
-
Minor League Catch-All thread 2009 edition
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 19, 2009 -> 12:55 AM) Wait, I don't think anyone thought Posey was going to fall to the Sox pick. I remember gushing over the thought of Posey falling, in fact, Posey "fell" to the Giants IIRC. Jason Castro was the catcher everyone was surprised went as high as he did (to the Astros). Castro has been exceptional in the minors thus far as well. God damn Jas you are correct. I had them both confused. It was Castro. He is the one who is making alot of people look stupid so far.
-
Minor League Catch-All thread 2009 edition
QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 18, 2009 -> 11:01 PM) Buster Posey has put up some awesome numbers in the minors. The future is bright in San Francisco. He and SF are making alot of people look stupid so far. Many scouts, analyst, and many people here (inc. myself) thought he was picked way too high/alot higher than he was projected to fall. SF scouts saw something in him to think otherwise, and so far.. he's showing what they saw.
-
7/18 games
Holmberg with a nice outing in relief for Bristol.
-
7/18 Sox Vs. O's on Fox
QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 18, 2009 -> 05:36 PM) Thank you lord. You must have gotten a new job or something you black asshole.
-
7/18 Sox Vs. O's on Fox
1.5 back b****es.
-
7/18 Sox Vs. O's on Fox
Bobby's era was 7+ in his career vs these guys. That's probably gonna rise a bit.
-
7/18 Sox Vs. O's on Fox
Fastball strike 3 (**throw's a curve**) Thank god Mark Grace is in the booth.
-
7/18 Sox Vs. O's on Fox
QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 18, 2009 -> 05:28 PM) Jenks looking rusty? He's been terrible in his career versus the Orioles. One of those teams that has a pitcher's number.
-
7/18 Sox Vs. O's on Fox
QUOTE (beautox @ Jul 18, 2009 -> 05:24 PM) yup do you think the rays are kicking themselves a little bit, i realize they've got bartlett and brignac but still. Gordon Beckham > Tim Beckham No. The Cincinatti Reds made the big mistake on passing for Beckham to get Alonzo when they had Votto already manning 1B and had no middle IF spects. So far.. really hasn't worked out for them, and might regret that for a long time.
-
7/18 Sox Vs. O's on Fox
Slayer.. 3-4, RBI, run.
-
7/18 Sox Vs. O's on Fox
QUOTE (ChiSox420* @ Jul 18, 2009 -> 05:14 PM) Ball 4... Strike 3!!!!!! Ya I LOL'd that.
-
7/18 Sox Vs. O's on Fox
We mighta gotten a break on that high call, but we'll take it!
-
7/18 Sox Vs. O's on Fox
If the sox lose this game, it'll be for two reasons. 9 LOB, Ozzie's managing.
-
7/18 Sox Vs. O's on Fox
I don't think there is or will ever be a sox fan alive that hates Mark Buehrle.