Everything posted by SoxAce
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 8, 2009 -> 11:13 PM) http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/20...ees_to_6ye.html Worst contract ever? Dear lord.... Looks like Parker is gone too for some posters here who wanted him.
-
AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!
In the words of Jhonny Danks poster.. don't stop get it get it.
-
The necessary "HELL YES!"/Hawk poll
The Hell Yes... I love. The double Yes... yea that's pushing it IMO.
-
7/8 Games
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 8, 2009 -> 10:42 PM) Daniel Black just destroyed the ball tonight. Going 3-4 with a 2b, 3B and an RBI Heavy D!!! Still sureal to see him in the sox organization. Oh.. and Brent Morel is hitting like he's possessed.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 03:28 PM) Actually 12:34:56 07/08/09 Oh and 07/08 can either read July 8 or 7 August. I can now quote and send PMs to people!!!! W00T!!!!
-
2009 AL Central Thread
This year was Grienke's CY Young to lose, and so far now, he seems to not want it. Makes you think how incredible Cliff Lee's season was in his Cy Young year. I don't even think he had as many bad outings the whole year as Greinke so far.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
It's because Darko is Serbian.. Nuff said.
-
White Sox Acquire RP Tony Pena from ARI for Brandon Allen
Maybe it's a good thing Beckham moved up so quick to save people's sanity.
-
Jared Mitchell Signs
Looks like tomorrow could be the official day.
-
White Sox Acquire RP Tony Pena from ARI for Brandon Allen
So your saying Jenks will be gone soon Alex? Inside information!!!
-
White Sox Acquire RP Tony Pena from ARI for Brandon Allen
Futuresox, baseball cube, minorleaguebaseball, etc.. all has him born as January 12,1986. Unless I can't count I'm assuming/taking a shot at the dark here that he's an early 23.
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
- White Sox Acquire RP Tony Pena from ARI for Brandon Allen
Where are people getting 24 from? He's 23. I don't care if that's just a year off, get your damn facts right. BTW, yes I'm still bitter here.- White Sox Acquire RP Tony Pena from ARI for Brandon Allen
From page 1-3 (or 1-4..) I've poured out my feelings on this. This will definitely be one of those thread bumps in the future, whever years it may come. I don't give a damn if Allen is horrid when he gets to the D-Backs, or if he never makes it, Kenny coulda done much better than this (whether it was a bigger deal for a solid SP/hitter, straight up prospects trade, whatever) or if Pena all of a sudden becomes Joe Nathan in a set-up version (or even close), I still wouldn't like it it as far as a value standpoint. Like I said before pages ago here, Allen was very overrated on this board, Dan and myself didn't even crack him in the top 5 in our system, but an athletic, power hitting, very quick 1B like him even if the sox brass was down on him getting a damn reliever from what you couldn't netted with a Shirek, Ely etc. ?! I've never not liked a KW deal.. NOT ONCE since I'm been here in 5 years. I've liked every deal he's made cause of his track record, scouts, etc.. (still defend the Swisher deal/C. Young deal which STILL people hate here) but I can't even do it in this deal which is the very first time for me.- Game Thread: 7/7 Sowers(2-6) @ Buehrle(8-2) 7:11CDT CSN
The next ST overrated. Though Konerko is married, I've never seen him so nervous in an interview.- White Sox Acquire RP Tony Pena from ARI for Brandon Allen
Allen I had very down as a prospect (Dan as well) so I wasn't slurping him as alot of people here have. I just think you sell high on him in a bigger deal for a pitcher/hitter/whatever.- White Sox Acquire RP Tony Pena from ARI for Brandon Allen
Allen can suck for all I care, but he mighta been a good trade chip for a bigger deal. You never know.- White Sox Acquire RP Tony Pena from ARI for Brandon Allen
Hopefully this might turn into a Thornton type deal, though this is a different situation.- White Sox Acquire RP Tony Pena from ARI for Brandon Allen
Like I said.. Brandon Allen they mighta been very down on, even as a prospect. And I personally think he's very overrated here. But to trade him for a reliever (and looking at his stats a very mediore one) is not a good buisness move. Again.. I've NEVER questioned Kenny in deals.. EVER and I'm even counting when J. Reed (my favorite spect at the time) was traded for Freddy cause he was proven, and a very good pitcher.- White Sox Acquire RP Tony Pena from ARI for Brandon Allen
If they were down on Allen, that's fine.. but for a god damn reliever?! C'mon Kenny, and I've never question his moves.. players or spects.. EVER.- White Sox Acquire RP Tony Pena from ARI for Brandon Allen
Wow....- White Sox Acquire RP Tony Pena from ARI for Brandon Allen
You got to be kidding me.- Minor League Catch-All thread 2009 edition
To an ex spect who used to post here on soxtalk. Happy Birthday Brandon McCarthy!! :cheers- B&B Gave FutureSox a shoutout!
If it wasn't for me tutoring you guys, and giving updates on my boy (Heavy D) Dan Black, you guys would be nothing.- 7/7 Games
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Orioles have a very nice future. - White Sox Acquire RP Tony Pena from ARI for Brandon Allen