Everything posted by SoxAce
-
Cubs @ Sox 3:05 6-26
Boy I gotta say.. if it was any other pitcher, we wouldn't be this close. Marmol... man that guy has fallen off.
-
Cubs @ Sox 3:05 6-26
Said it many times. That up the middle combo needs that communication on the field. You can't do that with a guy who speaks little english. I still see a Slayer-Getz combo next year, despite what Ozzie says about Alexei's SS abilities.
-
"Press Hop" - hip-hop remix of various sports rants
That is amazing.
-
Minor League Catch-All thread 2009 edition
Well since soxtalk was down.. figured I post this here for the next Futuresox writeup. Nevin Griffith pulling a Liriano. Will ditch that nasty slider for good.
-
6/25 Games
Omogrosso continues to struggle. Greene has a .917 ops in Kanny. I would think that he has little to prove in Low A anymore. Greene, Carter, Sauer have a High A sighting waiting. Hopefully they can make room for those three. Andy.. two years.. that's way too long buddy.
-
Minor League Catch-All thread 2009 edition
Congrats to Tyler Flowers and Dayan Viciedo on their Futures Game selections.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
I already said that.. But I get your point 101.
-
Back Online
I gotta say.. I missed you Kyyle.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
Same. Liked the Johnson pick, don't like the Gibson pick. Johnson is a very solid all around player, who can create his own shot, has a nice I.Q. for the game. Gibson is basically the much less athletic/OLDER version (might even have a worse offensive game as well) of Tyrus comming out of college.
-
Back Online
All of the above sadly, big fan of Ed, though Michaels hit the worst. So unexpected. Grew up (more of the parents/grandparents though, but I listened as a kid) listening to that talented man. The King of Pop gone.. kinda reminds my grandparents of the Cash & Presley lost. Farrahs hurt more for the older siblings, but she was more of the "anyday" type from the battling of cancer. Still a loss nontheless though probably the first two will be overshadowed sadly.
-
Tidbits from Today's Winner Vs. Dodgers
Finally admitted what most people here called months ago.. though I still love that quote toward the end of it... Ozzie is brutally honest.. and hilarious.
-
Back Online
Thank god the baseball league saved my sanity. Cause today, more or less from certian events, has not been a good day.
-
6/22 Games
Omogrosso really struggling in AAA.
-
2009 MLB Catch-All Thread
Wouldn't doubt it at all, though A-Rod was pretty skinny in high school and for a good couple years with the Mariners until he looked bigger. My personal opinion, Selena overexagerated the high school claim about him. I mean he would have to be horrendously stupid to have that kind of talent and want an edge, especially during the 90s. I'm sure it was during the 98-00 homerun years that gave A-Rod that motivation to outdo everyone else to become the homerun king. He was already a very good up and comming player. But I guess the homeruns make the bank for him, or he wanted to live off that huge contract he got.
-
2009 MLB Catch-All Thread
Pujols (first eight years): .334/.425/.624, 319 homers, 977 RBIs, 947 runs, 2 MVPs, 170 OPS+ Frank (first eight years): .330/.452/.600, 257 homers, 854 RBIs, 785 runs, 2 MVPs, 182 OPS+ Pujols (first eight years): .334, 45 doubles, 2 triples, 42 homers, 128 RBIs, 124 runs, 91 walks, 170 OPS+ Frank (first eight years): .330, 37 doubles, 1 triple, 39 homers, 129 RBIs, 118 runs, 132 walks, 182 OPS+
-
2009 MLB Catch-All Thread
It's a shame really cause there's alot of guys that played the game right. I would vote Bonds into the hall of fame. Take away his numbers from 1999-now (when he started using them) and he's still in the hall of fame. I love Bonds though in my eyes, Hank Aaron is still the true homerun champion as in Roger Maris' 61. I also don't like how posters here ignore other posters sigs on quotes, sites, saying with players/coaches, etc. You can learn alot from what very smart posters here post that can come a long way. I wanna thank hammerhead and another poster who I cant remember who posted Ted Williams' sayings, other coaches/players quotes about Frank, etc..
-
2009 MLB Catch-All Thread
My boy hammerhead johnson had it in his sig, and the site he said it for a long time here. Posted some of what I found here.
-
2009 MLB Catch-All Thread
The man came to the game in one of the biggest steriod years in baseball which they didn't test as of yet. He came out of nowhere in the minors (barely played in AA or AAA and wasn't that great in limited at-bats) He's known to be bigger than he was in the minors in 2000, and was in a contreversial argument with Scott Rolen (who plays the game hard, and never liked Albert) who LaRussa backed up Pujols and later was immediately dealt to Toronto in the off-season. I love Albert as a hitter, and someone compared his numbers to Franks when the Big Hurt was dominating in the early 90's (Ted Williams called Frank the greatest right handed hitter he's ever seen for a reason) but I'm not buying what hes (or people here want to believe) selling as of yet. Correct. It improves hand/eye coordination, vision, strength of course, etc.. There is a reason people do it, not to just hit the ball very far.
-
6/20 Games
Well he did reach back in college to touch 92, but that's as high as I've seen him at least (anyone else can comment on that) Looks like he can reach back to touch 98 now if he's sitting 92-96 now so it isn't that far from an increase.
-
6/20 Games
Well I followed them both in Old Dominion and saw them a couple times actually with the gun accuracy of course. But college is a different animal so people change when they reach the minors mechanically, or just filling out, etc.. With the scouting I've read I knew Huddy would increase from the 86-89 and occasional reach back to get extra on his fastball... but not this much. Very good find by the sox. I would definitely say this was a strong mechanic change that did this. Dexter as well, but he still threw harder, just the secondary pitches. Of course a mechanic tweak helps as well.
-
6/20 Games
That is very interesting if that's the case. He wasn't throwing that hard at all in college. I thought only his college buddy Dexter had that kind of velocity and stuff (that's why I was higher on Dex than the intangibles of Huddy) I gotta say that changes alot in my eyes.
-
6/20 Games
Ima focus on now the best prospect in our minors IMO (since Beckham is up, and some people who would say Poreda... he's up too) Viciedo. And I know a few here agree with me (I know Jas would say Danks, couple say Flowers etc.) April: .234/.304/.387/.691 May: .293/.314/.397/.711 June: .301/.350/.466/.816 Increased homers, walks, etc.. every month. I would say he's quickly adjusting.
-
Game Thread: 6/20 Richard (2-1) @ Cueto (6-4) 6:10CDT CSN/MLN
There's JD's day off.
-
Brewers a Good Match
Add B.J. Ryan to the list. But I definitely understand Greg's point, though I always think the lefty vs righty (or vise versa) is overrated in baseball. One of my biggest pet peeves with Ozzie when he does that not even alot.. it seems like all the time now.
-
Stefan Gartrell, Break Out year in AA?
And I agree with you. At the beginning of the season, I only saw Getz has the 1 year stop gap to Beckham actually and eventual utility man or trade bait. The kid has grown on me I got to admit. He's a strict solid #8 or outstanding #9 or a very good #2 hitter (which I like more cause of the disipline at the plate and the avoid k's) IMO.