Everything posted by SoxAce
-
THE OFFICIAL SOXTALK 2009 MLB DRAFT THREAD
Fathom, BA called it. I knew it. Not a fan of Mitchell, but like I said before, I'm alot higher on him than when Chris Young was with us. If everything goes right, he is the steal of this draft. If not... he might be a 10X worse bust than Borchard. You gotta hope Brothers, Scheppers, etc.. will fall in the supp.
- Video Game Catch-All Thread
-
2009 MLB Catch-All Thread
Didn't he already have that injury once before (I remember it was a stress fracture of some sort) Man I knew that was a brilliant trade by KW, but I'm a huge BMac fan. I hate seeing a young guy who we developed, getting his career f***ed up by another team. From the proposed adding weight, ditching the slider, etc.. It's been a mental chaos for him from what the Ranger organization has done.
-
The New FutureSox
I'm blamming Heads for this. All my memories from my old name from 3-4 years ago and now I gotta re-register. Thanks alot Alex!!!
-
2009 MLB Pre-Draft Discussion
Seriously Off Topic: I love TCQ, but he's gotta stop being so damn injury prone. I know it isn't his fault, but he's like Luol Deng in baseball cept more talented. I'm on the fence to whether let him ride cause he's such an elite talent, or trade him and get a f*** ton for him in about 2-4 years.
-
2009 MLB Pre-Draft Discussion
Definitely agree. Not a fan of his (wasn't a fan of C. Young either) but I gotta say I like him alittle more than Young when he was in our system. 335 pounds is very intreging. Had no idea he was that strong so yea his power can definitely be there.
-
2009 MLB Pre-Draft Discussion
Very interesting.
-
2009 MLB Pre-Draft Discussion
Extremely risky kid from what I've heard. If he figures it out (and I mean REALLY figures it out) he's a super stud. But he can also be very, very bad. I gotta say he'd be a very talented football prospect. If I'm not mistaken didn't a team select him once before? Hopefully he'll follow the Granderson theme in talent (though if I remember Granderson had nice upside, but really didn't stick out too much in Thornton High. Looks like he made up for it) Though I must say.. I'm not a fan of Mitchell so IF he deos get selected, hopefully the sox see something.
-
White Sox sign Freddy Garcia.
The only guy I would literally be estatic to see come back here in a minor league deal/majors is Willie Harris. That man is a serious pimp. The others are meh to bleh.
-
2009 MLB Pre-Draft Discussion
No doubt Jas. No doubt about it at all. Look out for the names I mentioned weeks ago as well on this very same thread. As we all know the sox love to revisit prior picks/draft and follows. Expect someone (or a few) asking "Why did we take a pitcher whose era was in the 7s in the 5th round?" And yes, I'm officially in love with Luke Bailey. Like Phegley as well as far as catchers. Beware of a Paxton/Arnett sighting.
-
2009 MLB Pre-Draft Discussion
Ima throw this out there, and I believe it was Jas who wrote about this kid here, but I can definitely see the sox taking Blash (has got some holes, but has upside) say around 7th-10th round for a good value pick.
-
2009 MLB Pre-Draft Discussion
Beautox that would simply be an outstanding draft for us, and I knew you couldn't resist our boy Brothers. I'm gonna be on the danman bandwagon and literally hold off any glimmer of hope that Crow falls to us, though that is extremely unlikely. Gibson.. I'll definitely chance him as well. I'm quickly falling in love with Luke Bailey though, so if he's there in the later rounds.. my god..
-
GameThread: White Sox(26-31) vs Tigers(31-25)GAME 2 7:11 WCIU
Kinda confused what you mean here Mike, especially considering the kid is a rookie, but I guess you have a point.
-
GameThread: White Sox(26-31) vs Tigers(31-25)GAME 2 7:11 WCIU
? That is actually the complete opposite. Beckham has nothing to lose. He is the future. Not every guy turns into Longoria/Bruce when they first show up to the bigs. Josh is the one who has a foggy future with our club and even he said it.
-
GameThread: White Sox(26-31) vs Tigers(31-25)GAME 2 7:11 WCIU
With Gordo you can definitely see he's pressing. When he gets his first hit, I'm sure it'll be smooth sailing for him IMO.
-
Josh Fields questions future with White Sox
I still love him. Plus you can't piss Quentin off. That's his best friend.
-
GameThread: White Sox(26-31) vs Tigers(31-25)GAME 2 7:11 WCIU
BA has hit some shots.. but has nothing to show for it, then hits a semi bunt hit, and of course Inge robs him.
-
Sigh
I didn't see the game at all today, so I still love Josh Fields.
-
Sigh
WAS IT OVER WHEN... ah forget it.
-
Tigers @ White Sox GAME 1 1:05pm WGN-HD
I can't believe it took you people this long to realize this.
-
Present Your Theories Here
It's a good and bad thing on being in such a s***ty division. All this we are awful talk and were still only what 3.5/4.5 games out? It's good that hey, we can still win this, but probably get embarrased come the playoffs unless everyone really hits during that time, or if the pitching is just sensasional.
-
Present Your Theories Here
Ozzie doesn't have that excuse anymore. Fields can run, BA can run, Getz can run, Pods can run, Alexei can run, even Quentin can steal a base. He hasn't run with these guys as much as most (esp. myself) thought he would even when they get on base. Gordo when he settles in, can steal a base. I mean Ozzie has more flexability than in years past. He just doesn't utilize his weapons well at all.
- Hookah - Shisha Pipe - Narghile
-
6/7 Cleveland Indians @ Chicago White Sox 1:05 CDT - CSN
Bases loaded. 0 outs. Let's see how this unfolds... ha.
-
6/7 Cleveland Indians @ Chicago White Sox 1:05 CDT - CSN
Thanks man. That show is the s***. And where in god's name have you been Row?! Haven't seen you around these parks in quite sometime.(or I just miss you posting around)