Everything posted by SoxAce
-
Sox @ Angels 5-26-09
High fastball. Abreu can't lay off it. Nice pick by Konerko.
-
Sox @ Angels 5-26-09
He's had some bad luck this game. Gotta say though... as soon as Ozzie returns, of course he'd go hitless.
-
Sox @ Angels 5-26-09
Seems like whenever Bartolo leaves an outing with RISP, our bullpen doesn't do the job to leave them stranded. Hopefully Thornton changes that.
-
Sox @ Angels 5-26-09
Abreu is a very good inside hitter though. I understand your logic but for him you either beat him on a high fastball outside or a breaking pitch in the dirt.
-
Sox @ Angels 5-26-09
Not a good pitch call by Corky.
-
Sox @ Angels 5-26-09
Alexei has almost as many walks this year than he did almost all of last season. He's also 9/10 in stolen bases (though he's been fortunite a few times but still) Tremendous improvement despite another slow start. (but is picking it up)
-
Sox @ Angels 5-26-09
He was a first rounder as well.
-
Sox @ Angels 5-26-09
You can see the talent the former 1st round pick has. Though he really doesn't put it together.. that Nix character.
-
Favorite sports chick...
Dammit onedude.. you know I'm the only one to know about her!!!! Her and Andrews do work out together at a local gym.. I must find this gym.
- Hey haters
-
Happy Birthday Kyyle, Milkman, and Juddling
I usually don't post on birthday threads, but you 3 gaytards are just too hard to pass up. Happy B-Day b****es.
-
Official 2008-2009 NHL Thread
Don't know if you know this Santo, but McDonough is actually a die hard white sox fan. Hey.. a job is a job.
-
Sox @ Angels 5-25-09 - Danks vs. Santana
No thank youz are nessessary. Though if you want go ahead.
-
SoxTalk Official Top 25 Prospects
I can understand last year as who the #1 is cause it was tougher.. but if someone doesn't have Slayer as their #1 they have 0 credability of evaluating spects on this board. I hate usually doing this but I'll whip up just a top 10 here.. and just looking at the others opinions, Dan's Top 10 is probably the most I'd agree with though I'd give props to maggsmaggs on my boy Nathan Jones. 1. Gordon "Slayer" Beckham 2. Dayan "Cuban Tank" Viciedo (his ability/potential and age alone in AA is just ungodly to think about..) 3. Aaron Poreda 4. Tyler Flowers 5. Jordan Danks 6. Brandon Allen (though he and Danks2 can be interchangable, Jordan has really emerged though) 7. John "Trey-Bone" Shelby III 8. Dexter Carter (I'm personally higher on Carter than Hudson given his stuff/arsonal though Hudson's peripherals are better not to mention was drafted higher though that doesn't mean much all the time. Lots of people here flip flop the two so each his own though with Heads picking Carter as his boy now.. that scares me.. ) 9. Dan Hudson 10. Brent Morel (if he's finally developing that power to go along with his good defense.. watch out) Escobar, Gilmore, are very close based on potential, youth, upside. I would also add N. Jones to that list as well personally. Special considerations in no order: Leesman, Gartrell, Ely, Retherford, Marrero, Upchurch, Torres etc.. etc.. This will all change probably when the draft comes around.. though I'm sure the top 3-5 will be the same.
-
5/23 Games
It'll be very interesting to see what the sox do in the future. Say if Richard figures it out, and Poreda develops his secondary pitches, what happens? I seriosuly doubt we'd carry 4 LHP in the rotation for the forseeable future. It's a very good problem to have though. We all know Buehrle and Danks aren't going anywhere... especially Danks.
-
AAP: Jordan Danks
Last 10 games.. AVG-.366 (H-15 AB-41) 2B-1 HR-1 RBI-3 BB-6 SO-12 SB-2 CS-0 7 game hit streak (Jon Gilmore has an 8 gamer himself) Kid is on automatic. 13 games: .370/.433/.481/.915 6/14 BB:SO 2009 season in the minors: .337/.416/.512/.928 2B-14 3B-3 HR-4 RBI-24 (24/46 BB:SO) SB-7 CS-2
-
Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread
LeBron actually wanting the ball in the clutch to take a final shot is actually something to see.
-
Sox vs Pirates, 5/22/09, 7:11 PM
This.
-
17 year old tennis
Looks like a sad day for all men.
-
Poreda/White Sox benefit from all of this
Well, first it was already reported/stated that it was Poreda, Richard and the other two PTBNL were pitchers. And second I doubt the Pads would want a 1B spect especially since they have a couple of them already in Blanks and Dykstra along with AGon who is still in his prime. Beckham actually woulda made the most sense for them since they are ridiculously thin on middle IFs (or just infielders for that matter) but of course we all know Slayer is probably the most untouchable prospect in our system. (and rightfully so.. has a real good chance of becomming a superstar)
-
Who do you root for tomorrow night?
Won't make me hate the Cubs any less. I'm not mad at Peavy as much as some/most cause I expected him to do what he did, and I can respect his decision enough. Hopefully the Padres win.. though I can definitely see Peavy struggle alot (esp. mentally) from all the trade chaos.
-
Who are your CF of choice?
I look at it is what Pods does that Wise can't do and what Wise does that Pods can't do. I can think of much more of what Wise does better than the latter. Obviously BA is the best option, but I'd rather see Dweezy here if I to choose who can do more with the bat, defensively, versitility and even the arm strength.
-
Peavy Rejects Sox Offer; Deal Now Dead
Honestly like qwerty said this might be a huge blessing for us. Something we can look back on in a couple years and thank the lord we didn't make that trade for Peavy. I also hope this doesn't effect Richard or Poreda too much and they see how they are good enough that other teams want them. You never know what can go through a young guy's mind regardless of the professionalism they have to show.
-
Peavy Rejects Sox Offer; Deal Now Dead
Ditto and I don't blame the man. Like I said earlier, he's getting paid regardless and I'm sure he's looking out for his family and he loves the city of San Diego. Sure he loves Chicago, but he wants to stay in the National League. I'm sure also he hears the media outlook of the southside compared to the northside which doesn't help. Even him having to call Linebrink about Ozzie and the org. wasn't helping our causes as well. Perhaps if were in it, we'll revist this during the deadline. I just hope now the sox have another plan whether to still compete or just rebui..er... retool a bit.
-
Peavy Rejects Sox Offer; Deal Now Dead
I knew this was going to happen. Hell I called it a couple hours ago. I'm surprised many are shocked by his decision.