Everything posted by SoxAce
-
2009 MLB Catch-All Thread
I've never seen you turn on anyone as fast (or with disgust at that matter) as your boy (or old boy now) Lillibridge Alex.
-
5/17 Games
B. Allen's improvment. 08' in Birmingham - GP-41 AB-153 H-42 2B-6 3B-2 HR-14 RBI-31 BB-19 SO-41 AVG-.275 OBP-.358 SLG-.614 OPS-.973 09' in Birmingham - GP-36 AB-140 H-42 2B-7 3B-3 HR-6 RBI-26 BB-15 SO-23 AVG-.300 OBP-.369 SLG-.521 OPS-.891 The man has come a looooongz way since being drafted though his power last year is still sick to look at. He has really become a stellar prospect.
-
Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread
I really don't like pulling for a team Tru likes.. But I hate Boston and their fans. I hope Orlando advances on Sunday.
-
Baseball Rules
8/10. And did this survey at 1:18 am.
-
Sox @ Jays 5-15
Still hard to believe this team is still only 3 games out (when this game is over probably and Clev. wins) of first place. God the AL Central sucks.
-
2009 MLB Pre-Draft Discussion
God I hope Rex Brothers falls to us. That's the guy me and I believe beautox really, really like.
-
Sox @ Jays 5-15
Not a pitcher per say, more hitting wise, but I'm sure Bryce Harper is an early favorite #1 pick.
-
Sox @ Jays 5-15
Eh.. 26-27 isn't exactly old either. Prime years is still legit.
-
Sox @ Jays 5-15
Hell it seems that since Pods came back, we've been sucking.
-
Sox @ Jays 5-15
Just watching the kids develop (Getz being a solid MLB player/grinder, Nix actually figuring out, to go with his off the charts D at 2B, seriveable at SS/3B, Fields HOPEFULLY putting it together, also getting his D at 3B better, Danks taking the next step, Floyd HOPEFULLY getting back on track etc..) hopefully should be nice to watch but yea I agree were just fun to watch anymore. Hell, it's sad that I look forward to see how the Barons are doing moreso.
-
OMFG! OMFG!
I never thought an "OMFG!" thread would create my interest enough to open in it.. How sad is that. Damn you Bob! though I am the superior poster to you.
-
Ozzie Tells Lillibridge What Is Up
It's funny that even Joey Cora mentioned that to Oz and he quickly said no. Hell Ozzie wouldn't even put a natural rightfielder in Quentin, when JD was hurt. He was putting Pods out there. I like Ozzie, ALOT, but he's still a micro-manager as far as I'm concerned.
-
Is Josh Fields a bust?
I'm a superstitious person myself even when I was playing ball. Josh really has to change it either back to #27, or go back to 22 when Pods is gone (BA and Wise come back) Preferably, like I said all season, please Josh... go back to #27 when you were putting up a .750+ ops
-
kyyle23 is a new mod in PHT and Slam
Congrats Kyle... But Jesus this isn't good.....
-
Is Josh Fields a bust?
Ah, this is the old BearSox I know and love. I was getting worried for a sec. ......
-
Umm, and that's a White Sox winner!
Ha! probably the latest time a white sox winner thread ever appeared on soxtalk. Nice shack.
-
Sox vs. Tribe 5/13 @ 11:05
This is the first game I'm probably going to miss this season.. (doing charity work in the morning till afternoon probably) So hopefully I'll come home to a sox win.
-
Birmingham Barons Watch
If Magallanes is as consistant as he's been showing with his lineup then.. Danks - CF Beckham - SS Flowers - C Allen - 1B Viciedo - 3B Gartrell - RF Cook - DH (depending on what they do with him) or Cruz (probably behind Shelby in the order) Shelby - LF Retherford - 2B My god that's just not fair. And If Marrero keeps raking in Winston-Salem (gotta limit those K's/be more disipline though) then he might get that DH spot/or Gartrell. Hell perhaps Viciedo if Morel gets it going (wasn't he ranked solid defensively at 3B?) Same with anyone in pitching. .......But I don't wanna jump the gun too much here.
-
Interesting Oz quote about Gavin Floyd
Fields especially for me though I knew Danks would be the ace stature like I predicted though it's still early.
-
Sox vs Tribe 5/12 @ 6:05 - CSN
I almost positive he would. (though I dunno if it'll be at 3B) I don't think he knows that Betemit really isn't as good vs lefties yet.
-
Danks promoted, Beckham to DL...
That's my guy, and I want him drafted to us bad, though I'm very high on Sanchez myself. We all knew it was a matter of time for Jordan. Now hopefully Dexter can pitch a tad better in Kanny and once again reunite with his best friend and college teammate again.
-
AAP: Dexter Carter
Every one of your guys never pan out Alex. I am officially scared for Dexter Carter.
-
Sox vs Tribe 5/12 @ 6:05 - CSN
Looks like Clayton Richard needs to reaaaaaaaally pitch well now.
-
Jenks fined for comments
Who called it? High five... anyone... anyone....
-
Official 2008-2009 NHL Thread
I'm sure we'll see alot of videos on Youtube, but here is Kaner's Hat Trick. Man look at the crowd... Good to see Tallon's reaction too.