Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. Already said it earlier that Nix's outstanding/out of this world glove can't do everything. Espeically when your trotting out Lillibridge in CF (SS is his strength) and Pods in RF.. (Quentin the better defender)
  2. Ozzie is such an idiot. What a micromanager. And I knew his dumb ass would still put Pods in RF rather than a guy who has basically played the position (and was known for good D in RF) his whole life, up until last year, in Quentin.
  3. If Dye misses a couple of games, I think someone should seriously tell Ozzie Guillen (who I know never looks at prior stats or playing history of that manner for players in the majors or minors) that up until last year (which even Steve Stone mentioned prior to the Rangers series about God still learning LF) that Carlos Quentin has played rightfield his whole life. I mean seriously, seeing Pods in center is bad enough, but putting him in RF? Ozzie really wants to lose nowadays or has no clue/forgot that Quentin is a natural RF. Again, if Dye is out for a couple games, I would rather see a Pods-Lillibridge-Quentin outfield than a Quentin-Lillibridge(Pods)-Pods(Lillibridge) outfield. Jayson Nix's outstanding/incredible defense at 2B (who will probably start tomorrow) can only do so much.
  4. I'll say it.. Rajon Rondo is a dirty player and a b****. (already some fans around the boards from OTHER teams saying he's the next Bruce Bowen) You can tell (and I've seen it in the regular season too when they play other teams) that when someone fouls them a bit harder than usual they automatically go on the floor and either lay on their back, or vise-versa pretending it was way worse than it was to get a flagrant foul called. (notably Allen [who i despise and have no respect for anymore after that elbow to the nuts stunt he pulled], Rondo, Big Baby [nickname fits him] and Pierce at times) Though I'm not a fan of Garnett, not even he is that big of a b**** nor is Perkins. It was a hellova series that we put up. Knowing Tyrus he'll be working out, and working on his game this summer, and Noah probably will be in the weight room. Derrick Rose will definitely be better (rest those legs and wrist finally young fella) and also I'm sure working on his already strong game (perhaps his 3 point shot and I'll pray he gets a defensive coach just for him personally to work on) etc.. I'm with 101 in the fact that I can care less if Gordon returns or not. Alot of things I love about him, and alot of things I hate about him. Though I hope Deng and Hinrich are somehow gone this summer though I know it's a longshot.
  5. Man that would be insane. The speed/athleticism in the outfield?! Unreal. Shelby-Danks2-Gartrell... Wow.
  6. Wow they were down 2-0 in the 1st.. Shows you this team always feels it's never over. HUGE game to take on the road. Though the series isn't over if it was 0-2.. it feels much better to be at 1-1 going home.
  7. Maybe we can see that Danks vs B-Mac matchup afterall. If it's cancelled the Bulls have my undivided attention.. (alittle Blackhawks too)
  8. Nuff said. My man crush for Joakim Noah continues to grow.
  9. I hope Josh or someone higher up reads the board. He HAS to go back to 27. If he believes in superstitions as well as Pods I guess does. In 2007, he was a stud wearing that number, and I believe someone on this site has his jersey with the #27 from a couple years ago. So Josh, or a sox brass official, if your reading this.... 2 f***ing 7 is the number for Josh Fields. He actually looks better with that number IMO. (actually said that 5-6 months ago) And Pods, you better pony up a grand or two for that. Oh and maybe someday someone can tell Brian Anderson to go back to 44. He just doesn't look good wearing 32.
  10. In my sick and twisted mind... she's 18... close enough.
  11. SoxAce replied to Heads22's topic in SLaM
    BWHAHAHAHA!!!! thats me right there everytime I'm drunk with my friends. I probably say I love you to sooo many people (guys and girls) that usually I mostly never say. (then promptly after the love-fest, I get into an altercation with some dude I don't even know )
  12. Ozzie is not a stats guy. IMO (and I can give two s***s what Hawk says) he is a micromanager.
  13. No nite.. it's your myth that he's actually a good defender. Though I will disagree with some about his passing. It's actually pretty underated. His dribbling sucks though.
  14. SoxAce replied to scenario's topic in FutureSox Board
    Garrett Johnson.. you are the weakest link.. goodbye.
  15. You knew it was going to happen. Well if that's the case Josh....... 27!!!!!!!!
  16. SoxAce replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    That's what I use for everyday life basically.
  17. Looks like Fields didn't give in..
  18. You think Brian Anderson's oblique hurts to not have.. many beers and get digits from women in Texas with BMac? If I was Carl or Jim.. I'd be bar huntin.. lookin for em.
  19. I expect Josh Fields to have at least 2 triples in this series.
  20. Game 7 in Boston. it will probably be an overtime game. Question is... how many?
  21. I officially have 3 grey hairs. This is the best series ever.
  22. Adam Burish. "The Sudin sisters" I love Burish.
  23. Josh is a real nice guy, so I'm sure he wouldn't have a problem with it.. So hopefully... Josh goes back to 27 (his rookie year number) He was really impressive that year.
  24. Man that would be somethin. And you know for a fact Ozzie will run Pods at leadoff. It's a given. And yes Getz is an outstanding 2 hole hitter. His career stats as the 2 guy in the minors is really, really good. (had his best stats in the 2 spot)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.