SoxAce
Members
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Forum: Pale Hose Talk
Everything posted by SoxAce
-
TCQ update: If Sox Out of Contention, Shut-Down...Maybe
If thats the case with either two.. then there should be a resturant/statue in his honor in Chicago. He'd be bigger than anyone not named Jordan (but close). Or at least in my eyes, mostly because I don't like Ozzie Guillen too much (as a manager) and I dispise Jerry Reinsdorf.
-
TCQ update: If Sox Out of Contention, Shut-Down...Maybe
Jesus.. ok look first of all you don't release a guy with that much talent. You trade him to get good value. I've said this numerous times now, Carlos is an elite talent but is very injury prone. I would love to see us keep this stud for years to come, but if he's still like this (and mind you he's been like this with injuries for years) in 2-4 years if KW gets a good haul for him.. bye bye CQ. You just don't release him.. AT ALL.
-
SOXTALK DRAFT THREAD, DAY TWO
Robert Cummings... probably the easiest pick were gonna sign yet. I'm sure this kid will sign.. very very very very very soon. Big time sox fan. Loves the Big Hurt.
-
6/10 Kitties vs. Sox @ 7:11
I hope we just shut him down personally. Take the BA approach from Herm, be lazyl et that foot heal, and get em in 2010. Carlos is indeed an injury prone player, I said that before. I want him here as long as possible but if KW can get a haul for him in 2-4 years... do it.
-
Aaron Poreda called up
Well... it's nice to see Aaron still has the same cockiness (Ya Aaron I'm calling it cockiness not confidence!! ) as he did in college.
-
SOXTALK DRAFT THREAD, DAY TWO
Danny Black's slow ass?!?! BWHAHAHAHAHA!!! I can't believe a guy who I "sorta" hung out with at Purdue (mind you I didn't go there, just passed by alot on campus/hitting on women ) got drafted by us. Very cool. He, Andy Loomis (Marilins pick I think 16th round last year) etc.. Those guys are crazy.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
Well since I can't start threads or quote a reply since my computer sucks, I figured I might as well put this here. Futurama returns in 2010 W00T!!
-
THE OFFICIAL SOXTALK 2009 MLB DRAFT THREAD
You know I agree with you when I said "ugh" to Walla earlier. Cerb... your ass should be posting more round these parts. It really isn't the same without you bro.
-
Ozzie blasts team after game
He's Dusty Baker except way better with handling pitchers. But I gotta say for years his handling with young players was already in question, but this year it's really been obvious. He's more of a veterans manager.
-
THE OFFICIAL SOXTALK 2009 MLB DRAFT THREAD
He can definitely increase his velocity (he isnt fully filled his frame yet either) I.E. Shriek was also the same way before he was drafted by us.
-
THE OFFICIAL SOXTALK 2009 MLB DRAFT THREAD
I know how prospects are all a hit or miss and such, and I know raw arms are extremely risky, esp. picking them way early in drafts, but I love how your comparing picks from the Schuler/Wilder days. You do realize that half the scouts we had then are now fired by us right? I dunno if these two scouts I remember off the top of my head are still with us, but I really hope both are gone cause they were bad (hint one of them still has one player/prospect left in our organization, one with the A's now who is getting his feet wet and one, a spect, in KC) Out of respect, I'm keeping their names hidden.
-
GameThread: White Sox(27-31) vs Tigers(31-26) 7:11 CSN+
He never likes facing us and even said so himself. If he didn't pitch against us in 06-07 (and alittle in 08) his numbers would be insanely good.
-
THE OFFICIAL SOXTALK 2009 MLB DRAFT THREAD
We usually do. It's been like that for years here.
-
THE OFFICIAL SOXTALK 2009 MLB DRAFT THREAD
Ugh...
-
THE OFFICIAL SOXTALK 2009 MLB DRAFT THREAD
I don't either....... I see it more as a Dexter Carter pick but earlier. I got no idea on this guy, but if he has the stuff and has a fastball.. he could be a Dexter Carter type guy at least to start with, with a mechanic tweak.
-
THE OFFICIAL SOXTALK 2009 MLB DRAFT THREAD
Don't usually agree with BearSox but he's been pretty much money today.
-
THE OFFICIAL SOXTALK 2009 MLB DRAFT THREAD
Who called it? I knew someone (or people) would freak out when we pick a guy who has an inflated era in high school/college.
-
THE OFFICIAL SOXTALK 2009 MLB DRAFT THREAD
Giants, Royals, Diamondbacks, Rangers have had incredible picks.
-
THE OFFICIAL SOXTALK 2009 MLB DRAFT THREAD
Love the Phegley pick. I know Jason and I are really high on him, The sox go from raw, but huge Sizemore like upside in Mitchell, and one polished, very good contact catcher/1B/etc.. in Phegley.
-
THE OFFICIAL SOXTALK 2009 MLB DRAFT THREAD
I mean if you hate this pick then something is wrong with you. It's a definite hit or miss, but like I said I'll gladly take the gamble on all upside like this. I'm not a fan of Mitchel, but I do like the kid and his intangebles. I'm alot higher on him then when people were slurping C. Young when he was here. To me he's already our best OF potential wise in the minors. Now if he figures it out.. he's Sizemore basically, if not.. he'll be a worse bust than Joe Borchard. Just my two cents.
-
THE OFFICIAL SOXTALK 2009 MLB DRAFT THREAD
I thought you were just agreeing with me my midnight friend. http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...1389&st=225
-
THE OFFICIAL SOXTALK 2009 MLB DRAFT THREAD
I'll disagree about him sticking in CF but definitely agree on more experience. Who knows maybe he might really improve, but when you got Danks in the system who much better, barring a trade you gotta move Mitchell to LF. But hey if he really improves, fine, stick Jordan in LF. But I just dont see the kid being as good defensively in CF though I gotta stop comparing those two.
-
THE OFFICIAL SOXTALK 2009 MLB DRAFT THREAD
The later rounds are much, much deeper than the first round. Besides the top 3-5, every pick is a crab shoot.
-
THE OFFICIAL SOXTALK 2009 MLB DRAFT THREAD
That's cause you love me dasox.
-
THE OFFICIAL SOXTALK 2009 MLB DRAFT THREAD
You are probably correct fathom. His reads are weak but that makeup speed he has should be no problem and he'll gain experince when he continues to play. IMO, he'll be an elite LF but an average to slighty below CF. When you Danks though in your system whose D in CF is top notch, then you let Mitchell develop in LF (which he'll be very good at) barring a trade.