Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. Lol, I don't think anyone was clamoring for Slayer THIS YEAR to be in the 2 hole, but perhaps next season (definitely beyond) you do that switch. I expect Nix or Getz in the 2 hole tomorrow since Alexei won't play.
  2. I doubt you meant to quote me there Slav, but I agree 100% with you here. Someone compared Gordo to M. Young. I can kinda see that cept probably more XBH in general from year to year (though that 50+ XBH year Young had was crazy) and K's less (maybe BB more) I don't think Gordon can get consistant 200+ hit seasons though. But I can still see a rich man's version. I highly doubt Gordon will hit 25+ homers (Idon't even think M. Young did that once) and if he can, then obviously he'll be lower in the lineup. But you have a guy who is a spray hitter basically, gap to gap machine, and can do all the little things a manager dreams of, and STILL drives in runs.. I mean he's your ideal #2 for the future. Maybe.. a #5/6.. not lower than that.
  3. I adore Slayer at the 2 hole. That Barons lineup should be a blueprint on what Ozzie should do. Slayer is a gap to gap machine.
  4. One wise man here has already beat you from that statement.
  5. 3 games back now of the Tigers. I'll speak for everyone when I say I love Gordon Beckham.
  6. SoxAce replied to maggsmaggs's topic in FutureSox Board
    I'll still take Viciedo as far a pos. players, but man those two are very, very good prospects. I LOVE Tyler Flowers and Hudson.
  7. I still prefer to free Fields. But I like what I see.
  8. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ And I'm not a BG fan.
  9. Fathom will be happy to hear this. The only good piece, (so far) from the Swisher deal, one step closer to the bigs.
  10. His hips are just so ridiculously quick. He can turn on a pitch inside (two of his homers came on inside fastballs) and he can make you pay outside going back up the middle, or hitting it to the rightside. I still want to see more XBH from him, but you can see why this kid is so special, and was picked in the top 10 in the whole nation. I mean it was obvious at UGA, and like Stone and others say.. He has star written all over him.
  11. f***ing Orlando Cabrera. Rally Killer. Tigers Win.
  12. Christian Marrero was 0-6 till that GW single to score Cook.
  13. I got a feeling someone is gonna walk off for the Barons.
  14. I'm not a fan of Ozzie at all, so to each his own, even considering he's the baby of that group, but seriously.. Joe Torre?! C'mon. I can understand LaRussa though, just very surprised seeing Torre's name on there, which is crazy. FYI: I'd love to play for Sweet Lou.
  15. A very enjoyable game to watch. God damn Slayer... don't stop the love.
  16. Brett Morel is on fire.
  17. I'll say it again... His name.. is Gordon Beckham!
  18. I had osgoodslatus (sp?) in high school. I was a track star and baseball/basketball player. Felt a pop in gym class running laps after years of running. Needless to say my track coach was pissed at my gym teacher. I believe that is a slight fracture in the knee cap (both of my knees actually, usually for athletes) if I remember correctly. I can still run, but not for a long time as before anymore and not as fast. Part of my draft slurge for baseball from a couple years back. I coulda been something special dammit!
  19. Not to mention an alien head. IMO he's as pugly looking as Joakim Noah, though Noah can actually get girls.
  20. SoxAce replied to scenario's topic in FutureSox Board
    Omogrosso continues to struggle. Brent Lillibridge has a 3 game hitting streak?! BWHAHAHAHA! Tyler Flowers 4-4. 3 of those 4 hits came off of D-Backs phenom.. Jarrod Parker, who only gave up... 4 hits.
  21. God damn qwerty... quit being so fine.
  22. When you got Cubs announcers, Brewers announcers and even Stone saying teams are definitely taking interest in Pods right now, you know he's got SOME value.
  23. Our odds increase ALOT more trading Pods than trading Jim Thome. Unless the Cubs think he can play RF, or if the Indians want him at 1B or to trade Hafner.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.