Everything posted by SoxAce
-
WBC # 2
Ichiro is just a freaking legend. The things he does I just laugh at now.
-
5 Questions: Chicago White Sox
Not to mention a .742 ops. Hell, that would be a good year for Owens.
- Dreams
-
I'm ordering a pizza
- Buehrle turns 30
Psssh, I share a birthday with Zac Efron. I win....- Gavin Floyd signs 4-year extension
FYI, Quentin also turned down an extension today.- Chris Getz named 2b
Your an excellent football analyst, espeically when it comes to the Bears... I'll leave it at that.- Chris Stewart traded to NYY
Henry Blanco was right there... RIGHT THERE for the taking.- Chris Getz named 2b
Well you've said so much ridiculous things since you've been here, even the comparisions you say that actually make sense will probably be blasted cause it's like... you know.. force of habit with alot of posters here. Like I said that's probably his "best" comparison and even that, to some, is flawed though I don't mind it at all. I like 1998's Mickey Morandini is a fantastic comparision to Getz (and Mickey's stats for that year.. .296-.380-.385 100-ops +) Hell, perhaps even Mickey's 97 stats which he had 40+ XBH, which Getz can definitely do. Yea Getz in the 2 hole.. he'll be just studly, even moreso than in leadoff.- Chris Getz named 2b
Ah, another Pedroia comparision. The comparision is legit enough, but Pedroia just is the better player. .308 .392 .454 846; .286 .361 .381 742 The first one is Dustin's career minor leagues numbers, who is also two years younger at every stop. He has more power (though not much) a bit better eye, more XBH, a better OBP, the better OPS, and Getz is probably going to be the better base stealer, and will probably leg out more triples. The best comparison Getz has had was a poor man's Pedroia, which isn't bad to say at all, but isn't one of those star-type guys to have, he'll be hella solid for you, but one who you can easily move, make a super good utility man, or future trade bait. I don't want to sound like a Getz hater, and I know for sure playing in another sandbox at our park will definitely up his numbers just like his time in AAA Charlotte did, but Pedroia is just the better player. I love Getz though and if he can even come close to his AAA numbers for last season, he'll be a definite keeper and a nice problem for the future if the sox brass thinks he's solid/serivceable enough to solidify second base for us in the future.- Oakland A's versus CHISOX (3/22)
He hasn't swung the bat well at all, but I don't think I've ever seen him being so disipline at the box. And no.. I still don't want him leading off for us.- Has KW addressed the leadoff problem?
Funny thing is.. I had a dream a couple days ago we aquired him and he was mashing for us.- Another "Ozzie being Ozzie" article at yahoo sports
Yea, he is just not a good manager.. at all.- Chris Getz named 2b
OMFG... Look, Chris Getz' ceiling is very, very limited. He has a chance to be a damn fine ballplayer, but he will NEVER be an all-star and he if even sniffs the chance of lucking out to be one, then mostly every second baseman has to be injured or us as fans really rally, to vote him in as an alternate. He just does not have the tools (hell Nix has waaaaay better tools, if he put it all together, all-star type player, but he probably just won't hit enough at the MLB level which happens all the time with certain players). Now when Beckham is ready to man second/short and Alexei either switches to second, stays at short, or center and Getz is putting up .750-.800+ ops here then that's one thing. But the sox brass is smart enough to know that Getz is very a very valuable utility player in the future than a regular starter who will still get his at bats in. I see Getz more as a one year filler for Slayer who is just a stud with his bat in a valued position at SS or 2B (hell if the sox even entertain the thought of trading Slayer, his trade value as a 2B/SS dramatically increases and you can get more for him, that's what Tony is saying, which is correct) It's obviously a good problem to have for us next season or even later on this season for all we know, but until then, we'll have to see how things shake out.- HOLY F*CKBALLS BASEBALL!! LET'S GO GO GO WHITE SOX!
You both are drunk. And it's f***ing hilarious!!! I'm sure your wife is sick of hearing this same lie.- Merkin: Marquez a "lock" to make the team
I would think so as well. I hope we don't rush the kid. Man the Barons are gonna have some nice studs to watch this season.- Name Change? Anything else needed?
Damn you Yahtzee/Mr. Zero/DanksFan.- Merkin: Marquez a "lock" to make the team
Wow, I also read on there that Beckham is likely skipping AA and will go to AAA. Interesting choice in Marquez for the BP. Richard has been a lock for a while to just make this team though.- Chris Getz named 2b
Ya I'm sure this doesn't surprise anyone now. He deserves it.- Double Plays
I'm sure most knew that Konerkos ass would be on that list, but in the history "killer"? Makes sense.- I'm ordering a pizza
Ditto.. definitely bacon. Got about 7-10 friends hooked on it now. Anything with Sausage, Pepperoni, extra cheese, and bacon on the sausage or pepperoni is just incredible. (or the imfamous half/half toppings which everyone wins)- 3/20 Sox vs Giants
Please. How many people here have said that Brian Anderson is not a plus defender? Or that he's decent/average? Point them out to me cause his defense is valued alot here. I love BA, but he is very overrated on this board, which at times, makes me like him less. I just wish the sox brass (or Ozzie for that matter) would stop dicking around with him and get the man his CONSISTANT playing time (which he hasn't had up in the bigs since he was a rookie and even then wasn't as much) to see what hes really got. None of this platoon lefites bulls***, BA can hit right-handed pitching Ozzie.- Official 2008-2009 NHL Thread
Kyle... I love you.- Sergio Miranda Traded to MIL
Paiml is not gonna make it, and has the lowest ceiling out of the three. I'll trust Rex's analysis on that one. I won't get it in that regard though Miranda is a nice spect.- 3/19/09 Sox @ Giants, 3:05
He's a spring training hall of famer. If only he can do this consistantly when the season starts. - Buehrle turns 30