Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. Pffff, I can take you down.. no problem
  2. And then around the 15 second mark, he's the Campbell that we always see and "love". That's the missing piece for Mr. Campbell. Everytime he plays against Umberger, he plays physical. (I believe Campbell has his one and only fight in the NHL against the same guy) Cue the Smokey reference.. You got knocked the f*** out!
  3. SoxAce replied to Heads22's topic in SLaM
    Tell them you like a challenge.
  4. Derrick Rose vs Chris Paul... That alone makes me want to see the game tonight.
  5. Disappointed I can't make it. Sorry Andrew.. (Just for the record, I expect Andrew to either end up finishing in 2nd, or pull off some type of shocking upset ) Unless one of shipps' friends is Irish.
  6. We can only hope that BA continues to hit for the final two weeks. Owens is all but done, and I like Wise, but he's best suited for the bench. If BA can't get it going then either start Wise, or platoon until one gets hot during the season and basically takes over the job permentally. Lilly isn't quite ready yet, but I like his ears for comic view so he might have to make this team.
  7. That's understandable, but that doesn't always apply, especially with this organization. The "screw you job" in spring training (IE Masset winning over the better Wassermann last season, BA losing the CF job despite hitting like .500, Josh Fields going back to AAA after outperforming Crede in spring training/suppose to be traded etc..) has been if effect for a while with us and IMO, I can honestly say that I can see the same thing again this time around also with our guys. That was my point not to mention the consistant Wise hating. I understand Owens, but DeWeezy doesn't need this much of it.
  8. Your actually right, (LAD, though he allowed baserunners in every inning) and yes, I do agree with you on Egbert (though he's the only guy I agree with you about in this game thread) It should be either him or Marquez, and I'm shocked that the sox didn't pick up on this sooner. Good point. Wise's numbers would be even more ridiculous.
  9. Damn those good hitters in "B" games.
  10. If that's the case, I'll take the guy who has STARTED the games in spring training against guys who are MLB HITTERS over a guy who basically has been pitching in the last couple innings against garbage A/AA/AAA hitters.
  11. Hopefully a nice Danks2 (if he pans out)-Beckham-Quentin 1-2-3.
  12. God I hope so. Maybe we can convince the Royals to give us a nice looking prospect who will eventually bust, and Cortes back as a "throw in" again.
  13. I actually thought that was the one he was talking about. Had no idea that he was released.
  14. ^^^^^^^ I love BA, but the kool-aid has to stop at some point. Lillibridge might not play the same good defense as BA (though he was a standout in college for his defense at center) but I'd rather have a guy who can hit just as good as BA, more versitle at different positions in defense, and can actually steal 50+ bases as KW is saying (though it is an overrated stat, Lilly can also hit doubles and drive the ball, something Owens... can't do)
  15. I don't, but this organization does. Unless they wanna put the ol' "screw you job" (IE Masset winning over the better Wassermann last season, BA losing the CF job despite hitting like .500 etc..) then Wise should be starting in CF even though I'm not a fan of his, but he's miles ahead of Owens, and I'm not a fan of the people here that hate of him (no he won't turn into G. Matthews Jr. at age 32 and just explode, but he's serviceable.) If this is the case, I'd rather see us just hand Lillibridge the job since the kids can actually steal bases, not to mention play stellar defense, and probably hit the same as BA in a season.
  16. I'm telling you it's his job to lose... and so far.. rightfully so.
  17. Owens should be taking lessons.
  18. SoxAce replied to DABearSoX's topic in SLaM
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  19. ***Slowly raises hand in agreement...***
  20. Naw, we did it again with Matt Long, even though he's wasn't a first rounder (we drafted a guy who is just as [maybe more] worse) but still 73rd overall was... terrible and is still a very high pick. (he is now converted into a starter) He will probably never make it. God that was a terrible pick, hell both picks were, and I remember many on this board thought so as well, especially drafting a relief pitcher that high.
  21. Damn that sucks. God I just hope I don't have to hear the "casual fans" in the world, that the Twins could of had Mark Teixeira (or even Gavin Floyd to an extent) if Mauer's career takes the same route as Prior (unfortunate bad luck/injuries) since they were suppose to "regret" taking Mauer over Prior in the first place.
  22. Just a spectacular game to watch. Not really much of a college b-ball fan (here and there mostly) but that was fun to watch. I can honestly say I watched till the end of regulation, then didn't turn it back on until UConn started to fall apart. The upset will probably be least talked about when you consider a game like this.
  23. Wow.. this game is CRAZY!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.