Everything posted by SoxAce
-
Reinsdorf had been considering Coyotes purchase
This is JR were talking about. He doesn't even pay luxury taxes for the bulls state. This ain't changing anything.
-
Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread
That would be the most ideal. Add a Hinrich (which quite a few GM's do like BTW) or a Noc to a deal (get those contracts outta here) like Zoom was just saying and you actually have something in the future that just doesn't involve a player. (Rose) Tyrus is going to be really good. When he gets his minutes, he's damn solid. Deng can't be involved anyway even though he's improved his game in the last month as much as Tyrus has. His conract is very... well.. bad. But he's a nice complimentary player. Probably will never be that "star" that Pax or many once thought. Add some draft picks and giggady. PG-Rose SG-Gordon (for the time being)/Thabo (just wish he was alittle more aggresive as a scorer) C-Amare SF-Deng PF-Thomas Probably one of the more explosive/athletic starting line-ups your ever going to see. Rose and Amare together has gotten my penis striken into metaporphis. Hell honestly, I would give up alot to get freaking Beastly (Him and Rose together is even sweeter IMO) but I doubt that will happen.
-
Ben Sheets probably needs surgery
Looks like he'll be out 4-6 months.
-
White Sox Payroll Resource
Kalapse. Quit being so fine.
-
Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread
He had me at hello. This is the first time the bulls have had a winning record (or guaranteed one even if they lose the next couple games) on a circus road trip since 97-98. Derrick Rose's team will probably break alot of these streaks/records for years to come.
-
White Sox Top 11 Prospects
Love that interview. Even Poreda knows his change-up would mostly predict his future as a starter or BP guy. He's really been working hard to get to where he is. I love this kid.
-
Best Drunk Poster
Not to mention your a lightweight.
-
NY Daily News: Sox make Abreu 1-Year Offer
The Reds need a Right Handed SLG bat. Their line-up as it is has alot of (or actually used to until Griffey, Dunn, and Hamilton leaving town these past couple seasons but they do like Dickerson, Richar) left-handed batters. (hell they got Votto and Bruce as their 3-4 right now (or of course Dusty would probably put a Phillips/Gomes/Encarnancion in there), Dye would fit in very, very nicely with that RH thunder stick to drive in 90+ runs) That's what Jocketty has been looking for all along. If he wanted Abreu, they woulda made him AT LEAST an offer a long time ago. But I've heard they like Gomes alot though. They see him as a bench guy right now, but if he does well in spring training, they'll probably hand him the left field (or right field) spot. That Tavares signing was not that good by them, IMO and I know their fans never liked it from the start. Also, they can either pick up Dye's option or get that Type A draft pick which might make Dye more attractive to them.
-
NY Daily News: Sox make Abreu 1-Year Offer
Beforehand, I didn't think Abreu made any sense at all considering our youth movement, but I also thought Dye woulda been gone a while back. Until now I realized, the sox HAVE to get Abreu now. Ozzie, KW etc. have been preaching OBP for some time now, and your basically trading SLG% for OBP%. He'll instantly be our most consistant #2 hole hitter (or 6th) and one of our better bats with his smarts at the plate to go along with his ability to drive balls the other way. his 70+ BB's a season to go along with his pitch per ab, would be just what we need even if he is declining. He, Thome, Quentin and perhaps Getz and Konerko to an extent would really from a nice OBP combo and most of them have very nice SLG% anyway to help balance out the other potential SLG% (Fields, Ramirez, Anderson [potential wise]) Ozzie would then have more flexability to actually send the runners more if they single (Abreu, BA/Owens, Getz/Lillibridge, Fields, Quentin, Ramirez all have the potential to steal 15+ bases if Ozzie utilizes them correctly) and to also move the runners along better. (Abreu is a hell of a tough out and an excellent guy to have with runners to base who doesn't swing for the fences all the time) SLG vs OBP is basically what were looking at here. (and to be honest, Abreu's SLG% is pretty damn good to begin with) To me it's makes sense to balance that in more in the line-up or... get the better player.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
Romo likes his women beefy with a pepsi in their hands.
-
NY Daily News: Sox make Abreu 1-Year Offer
Eh.. just look at Abreu's stats compared to Dye's and you'd get more... say... giddy.
-
White Sox Top 11 Prospects
Perhaps our new De Los Santos?
-
NY Daily News: Sox make Abreu 1-Year Offer
Let's "assume" Abreu signs with us. Honestly besides Dye, only Konerko seems attractive and really only for a couple teams (Angels, if they sour on Morales and the Nationals) Not to mention Kong's 10/5 rights. Dye has much more trade cababilities (Reds [bailey + Stubbs/Roenicke] Mets [F. Martinez + B. Parnell + C+ type spect] Angels [Figgins + Walden/Adenhart + decent spect maybe] Dodgers [to an extent depends on Manny] Nationals [Depends if they still want to do a Swisher 1B or Nady RF + trade also]) Who knows if another dark hourse team could surprise that we don't know about.
-
Visual Artist
Why didn't you nominated yourself knight? Other than maybe onedude, there isn't another person whose had a better year. And this is comming from a guy who hates the awards stuff.
-
Thread of the Year
I'm still down on those drinking bets FYI wite, sonix, and rowand.
-
Your '09 White Sox Lineup
To Start The Season/or as of right now: Owens - CF Ramirez - SS Quentin - LF Thome - DH Dye - RF Konerko - 1B Pierzynski - C Fields - 3B Getz - 2B Bench - Lillibridge (KW's first "tweak guy" to improve his game) - 2B/SS/CF, Betemit - basically the whole infield, Stewart/Lucy/Miller/ST trade or I-Rod - C, Anderson - basically the whole OF, since Oz has done it before Rotation - Buehrle, Floyd, Danks, Colon, Marquez (KW's second "tweak" guy [or Coop's project] to make him a better GO/AO pitcher; or what he calls.. "Jon Garland with a better fastball") Bullpen - Richard, Russell/Wassermann, Carrasco, Thornton, Linebrink, Dotel, Jenks After ST/During the middle/towards the end: Lillibridge - CF Getz - 2B (impresses with the "Ozzie Ball") Quentin - LF Thome - DH Dye - RF (assuming he's still here with us/our record is good/KW is blown away in a trade) Konerko - 1B Ramirez - SS Pierzynski - C Fields/Viciedo (if he's raking;Fields struggles;for a few games to take pressure off) - 3B Bench - Nix (big season in AAA) or a trade for a vet, Betemit - basically the whole infield and LF, Stewart/Lucy/Miller/late trade or I-Rod - C, Owens - LF/CF/late inning pinch running. BA is probably traded... unfortunitely, unless they want BA's defense (can play all OF positions) more for their needs but I can't see him particularly wasted like this. Rotation - Danks(MBINAA), Floyd, Buehrle, Colon (if he holds up)/Contreras (by August/September he's just a bulldog in rehab), Contreras/Marquez/Richard/Poreda Bullpen - Richard, Russell/Wassermann/Link, Carrasco/Nunez, Thornton, Linebrink, Dotel, Jenks My personal favorite line-up: Lillibridge - 2B/SS Ramirez - SS/2B Quentin - LF Thome - DH Dye - RF Konerko - 1B Pierzynski - C Fields - 3B Anderson - CF The best "Defense"/upside positions: (Since I'm bored, and IMO of course) Lucy/Pierzynski - C Betemit/Konerko/Thome - 1B Nix (couple scouts called him "The best defensive 2B they've ever seen/in a long time")/Lillibridge/Getz - 2B Lillibridge/Ramirez - SS Dye/Anderson/Quentin/Owens - LF Quentin/Anderson/Dye - RF Betemit/Fields - 3B Anderson/Lillibridge/Ramirez/Owens - CF Look out for Viciedo, Poreda (if he pitches well in AAA, IMO he needs one more year) and Lillibridge/Marquez. KW I trust. Josh Fields will be a mash monster versus LHP.
-
Music Thread
The poetry of hip-hop is almost as gone/dead as true "Hip-Hop" itself. The more knowns: BDK, Slick Rick, Pac, Nas, Biggie, Rakim, KRS1, Pun, Bone, Snoop, DMC, Fresh, etc... etc.... etc... I can go on and on. Hell even Busta Dialated People, Beat Junkies and Big L. Plus the guys who never got enough exposure during the glory times. There are only a select few doing their thing who I like TRUE hip-hop wise (The Ludas, the Outkasts, the Lupes [to an extent] etc..) not to mention the DJs and such, but it is dieing unfortunitely. As far as this Weezy vs Em debate, Wayne is a beast (though as overrated as Jay-Z, who is a fraud BTW, and his boo) but no, he isn't as good as Em was when Em was really snappin. But Shady (and alot of underground followers [which I am hense the avatar name I've had for many years here]) knows there are others out there who never made it that are better than half/most of these posers in the game today, even better than he was. (Juice quickly comes to mind) It's just ridiculous the s*** that is on the radio not just for rap, but rock/punk/heavy/emo, alter., r&b, etc. also. I feel sorry for the younger kids who get into this crap, but frankly they don't have a choice, hense it's what they are exposed to.
-
Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread
Damn what's up with these point guards gettin beat up. (Ironically the skills challange PG guys) CP3 strained his right calf/groin, Nelson dislocates his right shoulder and Rose has a sprained left foot. Expect Tony Parker and Devin Harris to get injuries as well to complete this magnificant turn of events for the skills challenge. And yes lostfan you are right. It's the MCL not ACL for Bynum and it's on the opposite leg (last year torn ACL on right knee, this year torn MCL, left knee) I'll tell you this. I'd be hesitant to sign the kid long term. (or after his first big/prime contract) He's had freak injuries but those knees are going to be in real bad shape when the 30's come hittin.
-
Who will the Bears draft come april?
Angelo thrives in the second round and on. It's usually where he does very, very well. (though the past couple seasons there have been more misses than hit) Other than Olsen (which was an obvious pick) and of course Urlacher, etc.. our first round picks are usually... ill be nice... not good/or bust.
-
i am drunk in 2009
God I'm f***ing jealous of some of you. I've been sober for 2 weeks now and I hate it!!!
-
Viciedo loses weight + leadoff hitter news
Honestly if Lillibridge leads-off then a s***load of people will be happy particularly considering what he brings. (speed, OBP, [OPS also for those OPS lovers at the lead-off] some pop, great defense, though probably won't hit much for average) But of course that means he has to either win the 2B job (he probably won't get SS even though he is the superior defenser to the Cuban Missle, maybe just on days off perhaps and I just don't Getz as a lead-off hitter, excellent #2 hitter though but as of right now Ozzie has him at 9th) or CF (wide open competition even though most would love to see BA win it especially considering JD's declining defense is still out in RF and Ozzie isn't wise enough to switch the younger, faster, better D CQ in RF and JD in LF) If Alex's boy wins the job, then unless he completely sucks ass in the bigs, most will be preety happy, thus ending the conversation about the lead-off hitter for a while. (maybe not the bashing of the players, KW, or Ozzie/the coaches, not named Cooper, but the lead-off nonetheless) I personally don't mind Owens at all, but I would rather see him out there if he really brings that spark/tablesetter/OBP that we need OR if it's absolutely nessesary. [ala like if we trade Dye for other needs] If he hits like he did in single A for us [would cream my pants if he had his AA numbers translate here]) then we'll be in good shape regardless of his arm.
-
Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread
We'll see how the Bulls do in this road trip. So far, as good as the Hawks (though the Hawks just recently lost) but the good tests are comming up tonight. So far Deng has really stepped his game up and looks like the Luol Deng we want to complement with Rose now and into the future. (though we probably don't have a choice regardless with his contract) Thomas (another future core guy perhaps) and Noah (Rose made him look damn good against Sacremento ala Tyson with CP3) have also stepped it up nicely. Even Hinrich has been a nice surprise with his minutes, defense has been damn solid and assist/decision making (though he still frustrates me with his consistant dribbling out the clock + turnovers) 20-27 so far... who knows if this will get good [doubtful] (maybe a trade or two to help the future at the deadline and pack in some wins) or ugly (no trades, we start a horrid losing streak, thinking lottery, etc..) JR's backing of Pax is sad to hear. (though not all is Pax's fault but taking NO blame AT ALL? Really JR?)
-
Cora sees Fields as a shocker
I'm higher on Fields more than others here so I'm really excited to see him play. I think he'll shock people with his average (.260-265ish) and IMO, will not strikeout as much as some think he will (he'll be at 100+, but not 140+) The K's don't bother me anyway. I'd rather see him K but we still have a batter left then see him ground into double plays all the time. I also feel it's a blessing to not see a player hit weak pop-ups to the left/right time every freaking time going for the long ball (Love Crede, but am a bigger Fields fan) I love Josh's potential not to mention his bat will probably be superior to Crede's (even with a semi-down season he can put up around the same OPS as Crede's best season) but of course the lesser D. (which isn't butcherish anyways) As you can see... I LOVE Fields (some here saw him during his college days, including myself I've always loved what he could/can/should/etc.. be) Plus, he's Carlos Quentin's best friend on the team and you can't piss TCQ off. Not worried at all about Getz either, but I like Lillibridge's potential a s***load more. Should be a fun season, watching these kids play. I worry about Marquez but hopefully he shocks alot of us and I love Richard as our 6th SP/LR guy. Kinda fitting the role of what Masset did last season. The only thing I'll hate is if Ozzie thinks Wise can be a full-time regular. (Or our LF/CF/lead-off hitter) I just have a sick feeling on that.
-
Sox nugget?
Homer Bailey (and Josh R./or a solid spect) is wearing a sox uni. Don't book it of course, though I actually dreamed it. Maybe it's something dealing with the Kosher dogs or something equally as delicious..
-
You know what I do that other people hate?
I breathe very loud. I can't help it. Drives my friends/ex's crazy esp. in movie theaters. I also take long showers. No wonder my family wanted me out of the house.