Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. I'm sorry that I underestimated the Royals. Thank god that whole team manned up. Sox players should buy every one of them dinner and Cliff Lee who hates the Twins.
  2. You know Kenny Williams is feeling like the King of the universe now.
  3. Danks manned up when we needed him. The future is indeed bright for us. Floyd and Danks are growing up in front of our very eyes.
  4. I told most of you f***ers here that Jenks can reach back at will and he says the same thing. I knew he would be jacked up for this run and the blood pumping shows it. I expect him to be the 05' Jenks again in the postseason. This is why he's been saving his arm. And yes the highest he had from TBS, some of the guns online here and from what my boy told me at the game was around 96-99.
  5. I'm too lazy to install java again.. sorry.
  6. Good start for both pitchers so far.
  7. Let's score early and often boyz.
  8. My god look at the crowd. BLACKOUT IS IN EFFECT.
  9. SoxAce replied to greasywheels121's topic in SLaM
    Lupe concert Oct. 31 (Halloween show) I'll be attending.
  10. Rumor has it my boy Tyrus grew a couple inches over the summer. Basketball season just around the corner. Ah... found a pic.
  11. If Clayton indeed pitches in the playoffs, and pitches well, we might have found our 5th starter for next season in house, or his trade value will absolutely rise during the offseason. Well... I'm getting too ahead here. We actually have to win this game against the Twins first, or it's all moot.
  12. Roscoe Parrish=a poor man's Hester Jr... on punt returns.
  13. As much as I hate Pujols (and yes, Mr. Rolen will be smiling in __ years when it's all said and done when people find out about the "real" Pujols) he definitely is the MVP. Really only Manny (and the oogly 1.232 ops) is around Pujols but Manny doesn't have enough ab's in the NL unfortunitely. The Dodgers wouldn't be in the playoffs though without him. BTW, I don't care what anyone thinks of him, I luv me sum Manny.
  14. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 29, 2008 -> 11:00 PM) If only Javy had Gavin's heart (or nuts), this thing would be over. But it is what it is now. Just a super clutch performance by Gavin. Lexi? No words needed. Which is funny cuz just not too long ago, that's what Philly fans were saying about Gavin. Luckally he grew a healthy pair (he has REALLY grown in front of our eyes) whereas Javy (who I love btw, a couple notches below Blake) is still on the ripe, wrinkled pair. Still sexy though.
  15. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 29, 2008 -> 11:08 PM) I prefer to think of Quentin as Achilles, lol. Or maybe Contreras is...and Quentin can be El Gran Titan de Stanford. "God" still applies to that man.
  16. Whoever is going tomorrow, the sox brass wants everyone to wear black, and they will hand out black towels (maybe white as well) to wave around. Team Blackout!!! Dammit. Stupid, sexy Mike way ahead of me. Gotta get back into the ST mode. http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=67937
  17. Great. It's bad enough my car is currently out of commission, so I have to walk in this (luckally my job isn't far at all from where I live) but now I'll be missing the deciding factor of a HUGE game. (plus it's not on comcast to even catch a replay of it) Today (and my life) sucks.
  18. God dammit! Figures I'll probably miss most of the game. I was hoping I would catch this one in before four, but it looks like that won't be the case.
  19. QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ Sep 29, 2008 -> 01:04 PM) Yeah. You and every other man with a drink or two in him calling every shot every five minutes. Naw Quentins was the only one the whole night. Wouldn't have bothered typing it if that was the case, I would had been straight up wit it.
  20. All I know is KW has a TON of flexibility in the off-season for the 09 season. You got two guys (Thome, Griffey aka HOF's) who are ageing gracefully in their stellar careers. He can get one back, (or let both go and get younger) get your sandwich picks (which would be a smart move) then put Kong in the DH spot and get Swisher and that glove over to first (Kong will be hard to trade anyways esp. with the 10/5, the bad season, etc.. but I wouldn't put it past Kenny) He could leave Swish in OF (prob. RF since they envision Quentin as the future LF and they damn right better be) if he wants and maybe get a good package for Dye to fill some holes in the infield or starting pitching (or even CF if they give up on BA, which I would hate) He might even look to see whats out there for a trade with Swish involved. Even Javy being dealt is a possibility. We all know that OC is probably gone, (high pick) Uribe might also be gone, (ok pick) and perhaps Toby for an upgrade at a backup (they might have sour on Fields also, who knows) theres also a ton of BP arms that KW will probably dangle with. As of the off-season assuming the UFA do leave and we dont pick up the "old guys" options here's what we have... C-AJ 1B-Swish (or Kong) 2B-Getz/FA(O-Dog?)/trade SS-Cuban Missle 3B-Fields (who knows/we'll see) sorry Blalock LF-God (should have a field day with the metal detectors) CF-Golden manlocks (or traded)/trade/FA RF-Dye (perhaps good trade bait?) DH-Kong (or Dye maybe, who knows) Buehrle Pratt's crow Floyd boy Danksy Havy (pitching trade bait? I love Havy though) Richard/Broadway/Poreda/trade/FA [Count done forever] Wise/Owens (not sure about the Tobys, Uribes, even Owens, Bourgs etc.. yet so have fun/go nuts making the bench) Fat man Thornton Lines (no trade clause baby!!) Dotel (I still see him here at least) Carrasco(?)/Booner(I still believe in him)/H. Ramirez(....)/Robert Meiklejohn/The Wass/trade/FA/Jenks throwing up a couple of clones, whatever. This is, of course, assuming some of these guys leave us (we might bring Thome back, perhaps Junior, or Uribe, etc..) Should be another interesting winter folks.
  21. QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 09:35 PM) 2- Carlos Quentin's walkoff homer against the Angels on ESPN. 1. I was there. 2. I called that shot with 20+ witnesses in the stands around me.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.