Everything posted by SoxAce
-
JOE.CREDE. = Twinkie
Lol, I know SF will never take him back, but we gotta find a way to get AJ back there to reunite the three stooges.
-
Dayán Viciedo BP Session
Viciedo will get a long look at spring training. Couple of quotes that popped out at me personally.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
Niiiiiiiice. Lostfan, I need to track you down, and give you your luckiest man in America badge right away.
-
Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread
I just hope Vinny/Pax/whoever gets Rose on point with his Defense though. The kid was an outstanding defender in Simeon and was very good in his one year in Memphis. That's probably the only thing that's really regressed about Derrick Rose. Not sure if the knee tendinitis (basically has dealt with that all season) or the sprained left foot (dealing with that just recently) is still bothering him in that regard. But his shot has significantly improved this season and the three point range will come eventually. You can tell the kid works his ass off. I still LOVE watching this video of Derrick hoping he can bring some of that to the NBA. The Stud, that is, Derrick Rose.
-
You know what I hate?
So basically, you can't stand my guts, which I'm actually seeing posted here..
-
i am drunk in 2009
Ah Chimpy. Good to see one of my favorite posters getting hammered.
-
Alex Rodriguez tested postive for steroids in 2003; Admits It
Lol, I would bet everything I own that Alomar gets in... for sure and probably first ballot. And I believe there was an article linking Bags to HGH/clear (can't remember) if I'm not mistaken. B-G-O... yea I love him (probably not as much as Alex though)... he's getting in I doubt he took anything, but I could be wrong. Bags, Piazza, I-Rod etc.. I don't see it. EDIT: Oh.. forgot... Todd Helton?
-
Alex Rodriguez tested postive for steroids in 2003; Admits It
Jeter, Ichiro (are definite 1st ballots. Ichiro is even more amaznig, he will probably be a hall of famer in 2 countries ), B. Wagner, if he's clean, Vlad (by the time his career is over) I think Smoltz will get in, just not 1st ballot. there's others (Other posters can futher comment on it as I'm sure even I've missed a few/alot more.)
-
Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread
I'm trying to lessen my severe man crush for him in case he's traded, but I hope Pax, if he makes a trade, does everything in his power to not trade Tyrus Thomas. I've said it since day one, when he gets his minutes (preferably 30+, stats even look sweeter at 34+ mpg), he'll shine.
-
Soxtalk Quotations Of 2009
RibbieRubarb in the "Moneyball thread" I can actually see KW doing this in real life, if he is really pissed off at the world.
-
Thread of the Year
I think it's safe to say just chalk up that award for 09' and send it to the ST hall of fame.
-
2009 MLB Catch-All Thread
One of my favorite sox players of the 90's mulling retirement.
-
Alex Rodriguez tested postive for steroids in 2003; Admits It
The thing is, he was such a stud since he was young (still arguably the best high school player ever seen) that you wouldn't think he would need an edge to be as great as he already was. That's what I think he was stupid in that regard. Well... there's still Frank and Griffey who, so far, are clean and still the best players in our era. But we should just try and move forward on this. Baseball is a game of edges, and eventually/most of the time, folks take them. Ritalin, scuffed balls, vaseline, red juice, cutting the bases, spitting on the ball, watering the basepaths, drying out the field with gasoline, pine tar, telescopes in CF, blinking lights, foot tappers in the 3rd base box, infield decks, corked bats, holding the runners belt, stealing signs from the dugout, tilted baselines... HGH, PEDs, steroids.
-
Alex Rodriguez tested postive for steroids in 2003; Admits It
It's just a shame, and I can't believe a guy like A-Rod, who unlike other players was an serious stud since freaking high school, would feel he can gain a better edge even with the biggest contract in MLB history. Ram and the others were never involved with A-Rod, but Canseco did mention him in his book. He was great at the age of 16. Just pitiful to hear.
- Dayán Viciedo BP Session
-
Alex Rodriguez tested postive for steroids in 2003; Admits It
Should I tell you now, or wait till Scott Rolen or the labs give the go ahead in a few years?
-
Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread
Since Amare (or Amar'e) is officially on the block there's alot of teams calling Mr. Kerr (who BTW kinda helps in the trading process) for his services and rightfully so. Portland (rumor has it Aldridge + Lafrentz + 1st rd pick maybe 2 [suns like Bayless also, but Portland doesn't want to deal him]) Sacremento (Hawes + 1st rd pick that's going to be high + I'm guessing a expiring contract.. Soloman?[i can't see them dealing K. Martin or even Garcia]) Miami (Beastley + Marion + pick + expiring contract forgot who [rumor has it the suns turned it down... for now] Toronto (don't remember who their dealing) and you got potential others in Memphis, Charlotte, New York I'm sure will ask, etc.. Here's what Kerr said in 2007 in his blogs he used to write. For the record he LOVES Hinrich. IMO, he sees him as Nash's successor (who is getting up there in age, but is the only untouchable according to Kerr I beieve) the Suns front office like Tyrus, Noah, Deng, Noc and Thabo. (I believe I heard Gooden too esp. his expiring contract) I have one of the biggest man crushes on TT, but if you can get an Amare (or if the Suns like Noah enough, but they do have Lopez and if I was Kerr... yea I'd want a young player with potential back) then yea... anyone but Rose can leave (hell they can take Deng for all I care, perhaps giving us back in a bigger deal say.. for s***s and giggles... Barbosa? Then Gordon can walk in the offseason) I'm reluctant to deal Thabo though unless we have other plans at the SG casue we all know BG ain't commin back. Love his size at the SG position and he's a pass first (even though I wish he could be a tad more aggresive but with Rose, Amare perhaps even a Barbosa comming off the bench... you don't need him to score much as he's a great passer and a good defender) I would think Noah would fit more with the team, but Amar'e can play both the PF/C position (Zoom/Steve/Slav/Andrew/ws101/Balta/Kyle/Rock/Brian/cal/etc.. etc.. could probably give their insight on which he would fit better position wise [amare]) and let's face it, his defense leaves little to be desired so both Tyrus (great weak side D defender, better open court runner, high ceiling, allows Amare to play C or till Asik comes in a couple years who Pax really likes and assuming Amare gets his extention) or Noah (solid defender, also ability to run the court, limited ceiling, but allows Amare to play the PF and he can put back tip-ins and such) It's crazy to think. You could argue Paxson made the 'right' moves with drafting Tyrus (over Aldridge, Roy, Gay but I personally loved the pick), Noah (over Hawes), signing Ben Wallace (to get the Drew Gooden expiring contract) and ended up with Rose and Amare. Just like he planned it right. I don't wanna get too ahead as Pax will probably not have the balls to pull this off but the Bulls are in GREAT position as they have what Kerr is looking for (A good young player(s), expiring contracts, pick(s)) just depends if some other teams' talent is better or if Pax doesn't wanna man up and deal a specific player (ala Deng, Hinrich etc.) or even if the Suns DON'T DEAL HIM. (always a possibility) Amar'e wants to be the man, wants a big market to endorse, and wants to be in the right system (I'm sure Vinny's ass can get that accomplished) and with Rose here who is a distributor, doesn't want to be the man, and won't have to do everything here, not to mention... he's damn good it's a win-win. Gotta extend him though. My bordom is over now... I have a headache so ima stop typing and just day-dream that this gets done. EDIT: Oh.. BTW found this... Suns phones are ringing for Amare (And a few for Shaq)
- Homework Help
-
2009 Free Agent Class
D. Ward and J. Jones agree on minor league deals with the Reds.
-
Moneyball: The Movie
It's like he combined the name or something. Jameel White is Mr. Steven Q. Urkel I know that for sure.
-
The greatest shoes ever known to man...
That was the old fashion robberies/stealings back in the 90's. People would either rob, or steal your shoes (Jordans/Barkleys/Shaqs etc..) sometimes even resulting in death. (few instances where some actually killed a person(s) if that person(s) refused to give them their shoes) I had my Jordans stolen back when I was a kid in my gym class (had to climb a rope/gymnastics to pass the test) Some kid took them where most of the kids kept their shoes (two other guys had theirs taken also) and luckally my mom went back and brought me some other shoes making sure I don't miss any education.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
Jas is pretty sexy though. If I was a woman, I'd bone him up the butt. Uh wait...
-
Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread
Ah, Ben Wallace. He still finds ways to f*** up.
-
Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Preach bro.
- The greatest shoes ever known to man...