Everything posted by SoxAce
-
S/T: 3/04 GM 2 CWS vs. CHC in Vegas baby!
Poreda's GO/FO ratio is ridiculous.
-
Catching breakdown...
I still think Stewart wins it. Dude was raking against lefties last season not to mention this is Corky f***ing Miller were talking about here.
-
S/T: 3/04 GM 2 CWS vs. CHC in Vegas baby!
I'm very surprised they played that deep for Owens.
-
Jayson Nix confident he can take second
Eh.. I see him more of a Dan Uggla clone, except with off the charts defense at second. The difference of course is, can he keep up the average and his overall hitting. Nix is a pure gap to gap hitter. He does have really good power though. With our park (or even Charlotte).. he will have fun raking. I just hope he can take a walk though, but his ops will always be nice/respectable.
-
Official 2008-2009 NHL Thread
Wow.. Im gonna miss Wiz personally, and I'm sure the other guys in that locker room will too. I honestly don't like the trade. EDIT: Kontiola is gone too.. but honestly he was gone anyway.
-
It's a girl for MB
So how long will it be till son Brenden mans the ace spot for us (to continue the MBINAA/BBINAA) about 2030?
-
Official 2008-2009 NHL Thread
What ever happen to Aaron Johnson? Dude is like 3-4 years younger than Walker and had like a +20 when he was out there. Now he's nowhere to be found. I don't think he's injured.
-
White Sox Vegas odds
That Bartolo Colon signing really put us over the top.
-
Official 2008-2009 NFL Offseason Thread
If we get Cutler (or even sniff him for that matter) then there should be no more excuses to not see Earl Bennett on the field. They did play together in college. I wouldn't be surprised if Bennett suddenly becomes a top WR (or our #1 option we've been looking for) in the league. This depends if the Bears organization isn't too stubborn.
-
Sports posting game
No, I still think Manny will be a Dodger. Will Gordon Beckham "slay" as many chicks in Chicago, as he did in UGA?
-
Best characters in TV shows?
I love you guys, though I'd prefer Meatwad. I'll add Quagmire - Family Guy, Fez/Hyde - That 70's Show (can't choose) and Screech - Saved By The Bell. Oh and JJ Walker - Good Times.
-
Wilson "the colander" Betemit, Owens and other thoughts
In real fairness, it was Fields job to lose anyway but here's a recent article. Fields strengthens case for third base. I'm a big Fields fan and I know he's gonna surprise alot of people this season. (ima go on a limb and say he gets "around" the .780-.810 ops mark) The only thing I hate is that Wise is really getting Ozizie's praise. Unless they take BA and Wise, (let Owens go on waivers/will probably be back with us to AAA) I do not want to see Wise on this roster, let alone starting in CF on opening day. I do prefer him over Owens, despite JO being younger.
-
2/27 Sox vs. Dbacks
I called him The New De Los Santos. And no I don't mean cause he'll blow out his arm in two years. But he'll probably just sky-rocket in the prospect charts if he really fine tunes that control.
-
Norm Van Lier
This only infuriates my hate for Jerry Reinsdorf. They man not only didn't get Norm an invitation to Red Kerr's ceremony (which devested him) but he didn't even get his number retired from all these years. Jerry has always been a jerk to the media, but he's been downright despicable to the Bulls organization as a whole for many years now. Hell, even waiting THAT long for commemorate Johnny Red Kerr for what he's done for 40+ years for us was just downright stupid.
-
ST Game 2: Sox @ Rockies (Tucson)
How in the flying f*** did Corky f***ing Miller go 3-3?? My god. The same Corky Miller that only got 5 hits in 60 at-bats last season? And got like what 10-15 hits in 6 years? Damn I guess even a s***ty/weak looking squirrel can get a nut every once in a...... generation.
-
Music Thread
Still might be the most overrated band... ever, and I do like them.
-
White Sox Mount Rushmore
Frank Thomas - Shoeless Joe - Ed Walsh - Ted Lyons/Hoyt Wilhelm/Luke Appling (honestly can't decide)
- Red Kerr
-
Got OOTP 6 or 6.5?
Haha.. I actually remember that trade..
-
Norm Van Lier
This is hitting me harder than I thought. My grandfather (and uncle) shared some great stories about the bulls in the 60's and 70's. He always said you couldn't find anyone play harder than Stormin' Norman. He and Sloan were the best defensive backcourt in any era. I had the chance of actually meeting Norm back in 2003 downtown in Chicago. Really nice guy. I'll even admit, I cried alittle when I found out on CTL. I hope Derrick Rose has even half of Norm's defense and "intesitay" not to mention Norm's high basketball IQ, which was ridiculous. He'll be missed.
-
Norm Van Lier
I honestly still can't believe this... Shocked..
-
Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread
I believe (or this is just me personally) that it's shocking Pax actually pulled the trigger, and improved the team. He's been really hesitant in the past to give up "his boys" to get/gain a guy. I still believe some here still want him gone, some don't/or undecided, but this will stop the ripping on him for a while.
-
Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread
Well Slav, I helped to change you on Hinrich. I'm still working on you to hop aboard the Tyrus bandwagon. But honestly, there's no excuse for Vinny to not get, at least, the 8th spot in the east now. He has the weapons/versatility to rotate now, and so far.. is 1-1 with the new arrivals. If this team can't make the playoffs, then I can't see him having his job by next season.
-
Walk up music...
Dr. Dre f/ Snoop Dogg- Still D.R.E. (instrumental) Metallica- Enter Sandman Notorious B.I.G- Warning System Of A Down- Chop Suey Linkin Park- Easier to Run Ginuwine- I'll Do Anything/I'm Sorry (Instrumental [God Timbaland is a friggin Genius]) And agreed on Warren G- Regulator Classic.
-
Happy Birthday Steve9347!
Boooooo...!! Happy B-Day Mr. Steve.