Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 5, 2007 -> 02:11 PM) 178 games .237 .295 .467 .763 32 hr 68 rbi 85 runs 29 2B 100 games .244 .308 .480 .788 23 hr 67 RBI 54 runs 17 2B One of them is batting lead off for AZ. The other played 3B and LF for us this year I've said this over and over again. Of all the sox prospects that have come to the show, Josh Fields is the most excited I've ever been for a prospect comming out of our minor league organization. IMO, he has potential star in this league when he gets more experience up in the show and just get better every year (hopefully he doesn't let down next season) I've always liked his potential.
  2. QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 4, 2007 -> 08:59 PM) I personally think Cleveland is the better team right now There's no doubt in my mind Cleveland is going to win this series.
  3. Webb. 7 IP 4 H 1 R 1 ER 3 BB 9 SO. Very good game.
  4. YES!!!!!!! THANK GOD!!!!!!
  5. s***. Soriano up.
  6. I Hate Cubs Fans.
  7. This is it Valverde. Make it 1-0 D-Backs series lead.
  8. Very good inning for Lyon. Nice play by Reynolds (for once)
  9. QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Oct 3, 2007 -> 10:55 PM) Welcome to the playoffs Mr. Marmol. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I was just thinking that when he was overthrowing against his first batter in the playoffs. After that HR though, Marmol looks more comfortable out there. And fathom you should have said Salazar.
  10. QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 3, 2007 -> 10:43 PM) This has the feeling of the inning that the Cubs go ahead. I can't imagine how the Dbacks are going to be able to score against Marmol. Marmol vs Mark Reynolds next inning should be comical. PWNED.
  11. QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 3, 2007 -> 10:30 PM) Ugh, he has nothing on these pitches. Biggest batter of the game here. And the one who scares me the most than Soto, etc.. cause of his single-first approach. And as I type this, infield single.
  12. QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Oct 3, 2007 -> 10:00 PM) Drew?!?! Yep. I hate his brother but I got no beef with the younger bro.
  13. SoxAce replied to Hawkfan's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    I'll say this. Big Frank looks damn sharp in a suit.
  14. NL: Rockies/Phils matchup I refuse to predict. I love both teams and can care less who wins honestly. DBacks over Cubs Rockies/Phils over DBacks AL: Indians over Yanks Sawks over Angels Indians over Sawks(someone from the Indians will win it with a walk-off) World Series: What I pray for: Rockies/Phils over Indians What I predict: Indians over Rockies/Phils
  15. QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Sep 30, 2007 -> 09:12 PM) I agree. The options FA and in-house options for SS are weak and bad. If the Sox could rip up Uribe's option year and pay him $2M or $3M for next season, that'd be OK if the OF is filled with bats that project to .800+ OPS and someone like Loretta is brought in to backup/replace Richar & Crede should either suck. Bringning back Uribe isn't a good move, but it's a better move than giving Eckstein $21M for 3 years Well, KW already hinted in the interview this morning that he will probably bring Uribe back, but who knows how he'll feel a month or two from now.
  16. QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 30, 2007 -> 04:07 PM) Ozzie sure didn't rule it out. Cause of KW. Ozzie was quoted before as saying he and the players have their respect for him and likewise and he has never dealt with anyone/player like Bonds before. He will have no say in it if KW (or even Jerry) brings him in if they feel he is that missing link to another W.S.
  17. SoxAce replied to Rowand44's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Exactly 72-90. Wow. And our first 90 loss season in years.
  18. Well.. there's our loss. Can Kalapse or anyone else give us an update on our draft pick standings?
  19. SoxAce replied to Rowand44's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    I think I'll speak for all of us when I say.. "THANK GOD!!"
  20. QUOTE(BearSox @ Sep 29, 2007 -> 05:49 PM) Hopefully next year we can finally draft a good catcher who will be ready by the time AJP contract is up or perhaps a year before. Personally, do you want to see us draft a catcher in the first round? (Kyle Skipworth? who would be a reach) I'm not agreeing or disagreeing just asking. I just pray that F. Hernandez is our guy or at least we address it properly.
  21. QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 29, 2007 -> 05:36 PM) I believed that for a while, but I think I (we) have been proven wrong on that front. The organization (Kenny Williams?) fell under the belief that it needed a "leadoff man", that putting Iguchi there and being done with it wasn't a good option. Bringing Podsednik back, even at a relatively cheap price, blew up in the team's face (and they deserved it, as much as I hate to say it). Then again, I think the LF spot was doomed to fail from the start. I wanted the Sox to go after one of the guys Cleveland grabbed (Delluci or Nixon) -- they've been hurt and bad -- or Alou -- he's been really good but hurt. The only feasible option would have been with the ballsy move of going after Bonds. Still, the organization would've been better off just putting Mackowiak in LF to start the year. Thank you and agreed. Hell The Cat, or the dude who was in Milwakee that past season would have been better options and Pods, it just the way the organization thinks what a leadoff hitter is which is of course.. different. Will they have blown up in our faces? Who knows but we would have been in better shape considering I bet anyone they would been way more productive.
  22. QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Sep 29, 2007 -> 05:26 PM) When Juan Pierre got a $44 mill deal, it made a lot of sense. Oh ya dats right. Considering he was our best/only "option" out there the past winter who can fit the typical run bases all fast and stuff, barely get on with his singles, and has that "cannon" of an arm to reach the bases and home plate. Please. That's what their thinking was for a leadoff hitter. Now a year later, judging from Tony's sig Ozzie is now preaching OBP. Maybe one day as some here believe a true leadoff hitter needs, he'll be preaching SLG too. Ozzie is Ozzie what he says. Maybe they'll be a bright light when he can back it and f*** up.
  23. QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 29, 2007 -> 05:14 PM) Don't rip the Sox on what Mark Gonzales speculates on. Even with the article, I will shocked to see Myers back next season. Point is, I wouldn't be shocked. Were you expecting Pods to be back with us this season? You just don't know what direction they are going behind closed doors.
  24. You just never know with logic with this organization. Hell, were bringing back Mike freakin Myers for christ sake. They have s***ed in Boone Logan's cheerios for the last time. Not to mention there's a hellova chance we'll be Uribe again in 2008 with us. Don't get anyone started on their "draft philosophy."
  25. QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 29, 2007 -> 03:55 PM) You can thank Donald Lucy and the rest of the fun bunch on the farm for this move. Damn Kurt Suzuki would have looked good for us now. Great drafting whitesox sox!! EDIT: sorry just one of my mini grudges with this organization.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.