Everything posted by SoxAce
-
midseason top25
QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 28, 2006 -> 12:24 PM) No Oneli Perez. ^^^^^^^^ I was also baffled, which I stated before, why Rice isn't on it eigher.
-
2006 White Sox Catch-All Thread
Stat of the night (I should be doing this on regular basis) In 2005, The White Sox were 35-19 in 1 run games. This year, including the game we just lost to Minnesota, were 19-16.
-
Walker Has Got to Go!
Without Walker, Brian Anderson would still be hitting .150 or in AAA, or making KW force a horrific trade. Coop has been meh. Love what he did with Thornton, but he really needs to tell Cotts to get his head out of his ass.
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER
QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 12:30 AM) I don't like all these "original" remarks here Heads. ^^^^^^^^
-
MIN Lineup
QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 12:13 AM) Talent wise, the Sox pwn the Twins...but the Sox can't do anything consistently. *Cough... 2003... cough...*
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER
QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 03:18 PM) Jon Garland = MAN and Sox ace Yes I am..
-
I have an idea to help Sox starting pitching
QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 04:50 PM) That 4.47 era puts him right in the cy young race. And decresing a ton. Tell that to Bartolo Colon who basically won it off wins, (with his "steller" 3.48 era [close to 4]) whereas Johan Santana was better than him in alomst every other category. I've actually thought alot about Garland winning the Cy Young this season which would be something considering his horrific start this year. IMO, The Cy Young these days are just like the Gold Glove award. For the gold glove they basically see the offense more than the defense and The Cy Young sees more of the wins than the era. If Garland wins about 4-5 more games and gets his era around the early 4's late 3's, he has a great shot. (especially since Liriano is injured, etc..)
-
Happy Birthday Rowand44
happy B-day b**** Have a good one Justin.
-
Chris Young Called Up
QUOTE(BearSox @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 08:28 PM) I still think Jeremy Reed has a shot at being a good major league ball player. Your definitely not the only one. Many posters can tell you here that I'm one of the biggest Jeremy Reed fans here. I think he's still going to be a stud. But of course that's just me. Also, alot of posters can tell you that I hated Chris Young as a spect when he was here, (I know Jason, Maggsmaggs, dasox, WH1 and others loved him, but me and a couple people [some banned] didnt) so the trade really doesn't bother me one bit. If he does succeed, becomes a serious stud, and/or if Reed flops etc.. I'll definitely eat a ton of crow and I'll wish him well. Still doesn't mean I have to be a fan of his though.
-
White Sox @ Tigers, 7:05pm CT
I really don't feel very good about this game, and I desperately want Freddy to prove me wrong.
-
8/22 Games
Well... like minors fan said... Charlotte was rained out. Birmingham lost 6-4 in 11 innings. Aldridge with a big night. 4-4, 1 2B, 1 RBI, 1 BB. Perez blew a hold but still pitched very well. So did Munoz. Box Score W-S had a DH. They lost both games. Game 1 they lost 5-1. Ricks 1-2, 1 R. Mercedes 1-2, 1 2B, 1 BB. Richard with a bad outing. Box Score Game 2 they lost 6-1. Armstrong 2-3. Heads' boy Ricks went 3-3, 1 RBI. Box Score Kanny was rained out. Great Falls won 1-0 in a pitchers' duel.. Day with a good outing. Wing with a good relief outing (Yes, THE Ryan Wing) Gilbert 2-4, Cruz 1-3. Box Score Bristol lost 10-5. Not a good outing by Edwards. Gartrell continues to rake. 4-5, 1 R, 1 2B, 1 RBI. Mead 2-3 1 R, 1 BB.
-
8/21 Games
Ima give it another try. Charlotte played a double header. Game 1 they lost 6-0 Rogo 1-2, 1BB, Gonzo 1-3, Tracey was roughed up. Box Score Game 2 they won 3-2 Sweeney 1-5, Smith 4-5 HR, RBI, 1 2B, And for the E. Young fans.. he went 1-3 1BB, 1R, 12B. De Los Santos, Mr. Logan, and Reynoso all pitched well. Box Score Birmingham won 6-5. Getz, Myers, and Lucy with good nights. Whisler 6.2 IP, 5 H, 5 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 4 K Box Score Kanny lost 4-0 They only had 2 hits on the day. Orlando 1-3 and Cunningham 1-4. Rodriguez pitched well but picks up the tough loss. Box Score Great Falls lost 5-1. Shelby 1-4 1R, Madsen 0-1 3 BB Sabo pitched well in relief. Box Score W-S and Bristol were off.
-
WTF is wrong with Jays' manager Gibbons?
QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 12:08 AM) Think how the media would be acting if this were Ozzie. It would probably be even be worse if it was Torre or Francona..
-
Sox lose game 1 to Tigers
QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 12:04 AM) When the Sox are in a hole(like tonight) the only reason I go on is to make sure the game thread is staying clean. If I wasn't a Mod, it would be pointless to enter the game thread. It's a cesspool of negativity, and it only gets me more upset about the game at hand. It just isnt worth it. I feel ya bro and I agree.
-
WTF is wrong with Jays' manager Gibbons?
And Ted Lilly literally kicked his ass. f***ed up his nose.
-
aaron rowand back in chicago
QUOTE(Reddy @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 11:51 PM) the collision was sick. it's amazing its only a sprained ankle Holy s*** I just saw it.. :o It is Crash though so I'm not surprised.
-
Sox lose game 1 to Tigers
QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 11:56 PM) I kinda do a combo of both, and I do not get nearly as upset as I used to. I just say... I've grown up/got a life. i just look at the positives now or back up a particular player way more than I did when I joined at the stellar age of 18.
-
Happy taking 1 of 3 from Minnesota
QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 11:21 PM) Also, a positive sign to see is Javy not blowing up late in the game. He did obviously have his blowup early in the game, but to me atleast, it's encouraging that he was able to get through 7 without much other damage going on. Honestly, I thought the same thing even though I kept quiet about it.
-
Stupid, Hilarious Videos
QUOTE(MinnesotaSoxFan @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 08:05 PM) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPybv_pzK_s This is a little before my time of watching tv God damn was that crazy and tweak as hell too.. I wish I could remember that instead of being only 1 year old at the time..
-
Valponick asks for your prayers
Your a good man, You got my prayers bro.. Keep your head up man.
-
I can't take it anymore...
QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 04:04 PM) When I saw the name of this thread and then looked at who started it, I was surprised to see it wasn't fathom or myself. QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 04:07 PM) when I saw the thread title I thought Milkman made it To be honest, when I saw this, I thought whitesoxfan101 made it since this is what he usually says in these type of thread titles..
-
2006 White Sox Catch-All Thread
QUOTE(cgaudin @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 12:49 PM) The Sox of 2006 resemble more the Yankees of 1998 Now I've heard this team and the 98 Yankees in the same sentence. Boy oh boy..
-
Happy Birthday Tony82087!
Ima give the props to a hellova poster here. Besides his name itself makes it too obvious to forget his birthday SnB, very disappointed that you didn't start this thread. What kind of friend are you? Here's to the Kelly Wunsch fan! :cheers
-
White Sox vs Twins 1:10 pm CSN
QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 12:26 PM) I'm almost always fine with Pablo playing over Pods. But whenever Sandy gets more than one start in every 5 games, that is one start too many. Stacking RH batters against a lefty whose best pitch is a changeup makes very little baseball sense. But I digress.. Oh I know what you mean. Didnt want to comment on the line-up too much. But I love how Vazquez doesn't have to face Joe Mauer today. That can only help him.
-
White Sox vs Twins 1:10 pm CSN
Even though I don't mind Pablo at all being there since he does have good success against santana, but Joe Mauer not in the line-up....