Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. I did one for soxtalk.. kinda..
  2. QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 2, 2006 -> 09:25 PM) Neifi Perez error bad throw Rivera on 1st, Sac bunt . 1 out. Thank u Hendry. IBB to Erstad Jeff Mathis BA .103 up. Basehit ! Bases loaded. Tigers bring infield in, Figgins up. 1 out. Figgins triples Clears Bases 5-2 Angels ! Woooo Boy would he look good in a sox uni next season..
  3. QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 2, 2006 -> 08:51 PM) Tigers lead 2-1. Bases loaded 2 out 2 run single by Thames bottom of 8th. Angels last AB's coming up . Him or Monroe always get the big hit.
  4. I want Jeremy Reed in LF.
  5. SoxAce replied to beautox's topic in SLaM
    I remember doing this in elementary school for a science project. The average human farts about 6-16 times per day. Just as I'm typing this, I have just added to the theory.
  6. SoxAce posted a topic in FutureSox Board
    Another boring day in the minors. Charlotte and W-S were rained out again. Barons lost 1-0. Getz 2-3, BB. P. Lopez 2-4. Russell pitches well but gets the tough loss. Box Score Kanny won 12-10. Basically all offense. Cunningham 3-5, 2 R, 2 2B, RBI. Hitters 1-8 got at least 1 hit. Box Score Great Falls had the day off.
  7. SoxAce replied to southsider2k5's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 01:10 AM) I doubt it, but maybe you're right. You are a dime a dozen, Ace. I needed that laugh bro.
  8. SoxAce replied to southsider2k5's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 09:21 PM) I love marking "Other." ^^^^^^^^^ To the mixed people.. Not counting anyone banned, or to even state this the wrong way, but I'm probably the only poster here now who has "color"..
  9. Also considering your not a Tyrus Thomas fan, it makes it look even sweeter.
  10. SoxAce replied to aboz56's topic in SLaM
    As usual Aboz, you f*** up on a deal. You could have gotten that for $ 399.
  11. QUOTE(My Dixie Normus @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 11:40 PM) Think he goes for it? Nuff said.
  12. To add to this thread. Knights, as already said won. B-O-O-N-E Box Score Barons lost 2-0. Lucy 3-3. O. Perez is human. Box Score W-S won 2-1. My boy De Los Santos went 2-3, 1BB. Allen 2-3, 1R, 1RBI, 1BB. Cassel 5.0 IP 4 H 1 R 0 ER 2 BB 4 SO. Marshall, Hernandez combined... 4 scoreless innings. Box Score Kanny got murdered 21-2... Cunningham 2-3, 1RBI. One bright spot pitching wise. Omogrosso 3.2 IP 0 H 0 BB 2 SO. Box Score GF lost 7-1. Cruz 1-3. Shelby 2-4. Williamson pitched well. Box Score Bristol lost 12-9. Mead, J. Rodriguez with good nights. The pitching... not so good. Box Score
  13. Brian Anderson's average, .231 Juan Uribe's average, .239 Stay Tuned.
  14. MVP: Dye, Thome, Crede Cy Young: Garland, Jenks (very close), Thornton (thank you Kenny)
  15. QUOTE(shakes @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 11:18 PM) Thats crazy, if true. He's a fantastic pitcher, with a small frame and a lot of innings on his arm. Doesn't seem very Houston. IMO, Trade.Bait. And I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem paying some of that salary if they get some stud spects in return. I would not mind seeing the Cubs getting him for Pie + other spects, and with their luck, he'll be injury prone and Pie turns into a monster.
  16. The Twins are definitely not done.
  17. QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 10:39 PM) I'll say this much: If we do make the playoffs, I want Freddy in the 'pen. I'll take my chances on Javy solving his 6th inning debacles over Sweaty Freddy Moyer and his 15 stolen bases allowed a game. That would be my take on it as well. Since Javy basically goes five strong, let him do that. Then, let Freddy pitch 2-4 innings in the pen and let the bullpen take it from there. As of right now, I want Garland starting game one. But I really won't get too far ahead of myself since there's a good chance we might even make the playoffs.
  18. QUOTE(shoota @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 10:30 PM) Yeah, he can really throw the bat around.
  19. Thornton, Jenks, and the sox hitters... yes! P.S. The Delmon Young era begins. What a stud.
  20. SoxAce replied to EvilMonkey's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 12:13 AM) Dont they eat dogs on China? No, but we eat them in America..
  21. QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 01:39 AM) The phrase "dime a dozen" is used to describe something that is common and does not have a lot of value. I guess from how I was raised, it means something else.
  22. QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 12:54 AM) Um, okay. So why haven't the Sox ever had one? Either your reading is deplorable, or you just misunderstood my quote. I'll elaborate. Give him two more years. He'll be the best catcher in the league, maybe even the best hitter. He's a dime a dosen. He is just like Pujols. These guys come around at their respected positions once-twice every decade.
  23. QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 12:39 AM) + Joe Mauer As much crap as this might get, to play that position as well as he does, and put up those numbers to boot...goddam. Give him two more years. (barring injury) He's a dime a dosen.
  24. QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 28, 2006 -> 09:20 AM) Baggy pants and tank tops? Give me a break. ^^^^^^^^^^ times 1000 Serious joke. QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Aug 28, 2006 -> 10:37 PM) You aren't familiar with Hammond then. This year at VHS the administration is cracking down majorly. My freshman year there we were one of the top 40 public schools in the nation and the quality of the school has gone way down hill, from the slashing to drug busts to smoke bombs and bomb threats. The administration is sick of it and this year has been unbearingly strict so far. Kind of sucks with it being my senior year and all, but oh well. Hopefully the school won't suck as much for the kids coming up through the school system. But I am. (went to BNI out there) How much you wanna bet, and from what I've seen, that 90% of those kids came from Chicago? (west side/ some parts of the deeeep southside all have moved out in Hammond, East Chicago Indiana, etc..) Just two-three years ago Hammond was actually pretty quiet. Now look at it. I know how it is ALOT. Ask where some of those kids were born and raised/just moved from. 8/10-9/10 times they'll say Chi-Town.
  25. SoxAce replied to Heads22's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 28, 2006 -> 01:31 PM) Apartment life is so much ridiculously better than the dorms, it's not even funny. Did not go to college, but from what I've heard/seen from my friends/gonna get my own place in 2+ months, you are 100% correct.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.