Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:40 PM) Things like that make me think something else is going on. There are guys on this team doing much worse than Brian, and yet Anderson is the guy getting benched and called out? It doesn't make sense in a vacuum. It's a hard knocked life... for a rookie... and it's also sad that BA can actually take a walk (I beliebe he's 3rd or 4th on the team in walks) It's also very rare cause BA really didn't take too many walks in the minors.
  2. QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:39 PM) Well they need to look outside our organization if they want an another arm to help out in the pen. And also, that would be bad timing.....we lost today because of the offense and their execution, not the pen at all. "Techinally" we lost cuz of our pen (Nelson) but you are right even though I wouldn't say "at all" cause BMac and Nelson could have went scoreless and we would have still won.
  3. QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:34 PM) I agree, however that is probably KW and Ozzie's mindset right now. I don't agree with it, but I'm saying that may be what they are thinking. I guarantee KW and Ozzie's mindset is if they need another arm in the pen more than who is gonna be our CF. QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:36 PM) BA is better in every offensive category in the book other than steals and average than, you gussed it, Juan Pierre. Take that in account along with the fact that our everyday lineup has 7 guys that can rake, and the fact that BA is a top 10 defensive outfielder in the game, and to be honest as much as I see what we are thinking, sending BA down wouldn't make too much sense. Good point.
  4. QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:27 PM) Anderson isn't even the worst at the plate in our starting lineup. Couldn't of said it better myself. Uribe has 145 AB's right now (.200). BA has 105. (.171) Uribe only has 11 more hits so BA would have to go 11-50 (.220) just to equal Uribe. This is not even counting the 5 year experience Uribe has over the rookie.
  5. QUOTE(Big Hurtin @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:28 PM) I'm waiting for my lottery numbers to come up. Seems like we'll both be waiting. The difference is I said tomorrow and his chances aren't 1 and a trillion.
  6. QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:28 PM) But me on top of that list of BA fans. Of all people how the hell didn't I put you in my sentence?
  7. QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:23 PM) Anderson will be a VERY good player in the long run, and maybe a good hitter sooner rather than later, but it's such a battle to be patient with him when we are trying to win another World Title and are all of a sudden 3.5 games out. Me, Heads, Jas, Greasy, Rowand, WH1 (and others I'm not gonna say all the names but you know who you are) have been BA's biggest supporters. I'm not gonna give up on him. I believe he can hit here and I'm gonna stick by it until he hits .0-- whatever. I also hate that were behind the Tigers but I also know it will not last long (hell it might not even last longer this week.)
  8. QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:22 PM) Anderson's bat has also cost us a couple games, the Friday game at The Cell against Toronto where he left 9 on base (I think it was 9) comes to mind. I agree with you, that's my point, what you are saying. He'll argue with you even if you were kidding/agreed with him. You've been officially "Kalapse'd."
  9. I'm just waiting for BA to go 3-4 tomorrow and then just go off this month to just quiet the doubters.
  10. It will be alot easier if the Tigers weren't playing out of their minds right now. BA is getting there I can feel it. He can hit here.
  11. Hows Owens/Sweeney lookin in AAA?? I dunno I always believe we have a diamond in the rough somewhere. Here comes the Griffey/A. Jones rumors...
  12. QUOTE(kjshoem @ May 27, 2006 -> 08:05 PM) I think it might still be too early to write off nelson right now, he's only been playing professionally since late april and is just getting back into the big leagues. He did have a pretty good spring training and i think he could still turn it around with more work. You only have 1 post and you already sound smarter than 70% of the posters who have posted in this thread.
  13. QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ May 27, 2006 -> 09:09 PM) Ozzie needs to calm the f*** down and remember that it's a long season. Could of said the same thing about Leyland (as a matter of fact alot of people were) when he went off after the Tigers lost and were playing pretty poorly. Look what happened after he went off.
  14. Since BA is now getting 5 days off, maybe he can clear his head alittle bit more.
  15. QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 25, 2006 -> 08:55 PM) If your hair is still long, no wonder they moved after a few innings. I was gonna say Rowand and SnB's "game" with the ladies isn't what you call... "good" but that'll work...
  16. SoxAce replied to TLAK's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Sox will probably 3rd or 4th when it's all said and done.
  17. I don't think I've even said my prediction on the Tigers, so what I think I will keep to myself.
  18. Happy B-Day!!!!
  19. QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 25, 2006 -> 12:54 PM) I hope Lee and Contreras get fines, and leave it at that. That's what I believe will happen. Cora as well.
  20. The tigers are doing what we did last season. PWN K.C. But they can't beat us, unless they prove it.
  21. QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 25, 2006 -> 07:53 AM) Kalapse likes to talk sarcastically but rarely recognizes or lets on that he is talking sarcastically. So, basically, you can end up arguing with him over something he agrees with you over or you can argue with him over something he disagrees with you over. Either way, you are going to argue with him. To put it into short term... He is the A.J. Pierzynski of soxtalk.
  22. QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 25, 2006 -> 01:13 AM) You displease me with your pro-wave banter. Something tells me I should get a ticket, find out where your sitting, stand up almost, if not, right in front of you, and just start the wave for almost every inning just to see you pissed off. I could probably take you.
  23. My mother has. She had worked a shift around there, saw the place (kinda by accident was hungry so she checked it out) Loved the food, brought it home, we loved it. Case closed.
  24. QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 25, 2006 -> 12:25 AM) Fixed. Fish u. :finger

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.