Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. Well Game ova. Tigers back up at 1 game even at 1st.
  2. I don't think any Tiger fan wouldn't say that Zumaya will be their future closer. I think he'll be a closer first than a starter IMHO. Zumaya, Jenks, Street, (I'll even add Papelbon even though I'm not sold on him) and other young studs will be some names we'll be hearing for a long time as great closers in the AL. Is Zumaya injured..?! (It says injury delay on Gameday since that's where I'm looking at this game from)
  3. Ya, the Tigers really are a good team and it looks like Leyland isn't playing. Zumaya (the stud) is pitching right now. I still feel the Blue Jays are way more for real than the Tigers, Reds, etc. in baseball.
  4. QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 02:29 AM) Pain pill Brett Favre? Your other pick Deacon Jones would laugh at that favre pick, he would laugh at any quarterback getting picked. I got a chance to talk to Deacon a few years back( he was in town for mike ditkas golf tournament and I was a bartending) and he HATES quarterbacks. He was explaining to me how much the league has changed since his day to protect the quarterback. Deacon was a bad dude. He blurted out Mother f***er every few words, he also had deformed fingers ,probably from his playing days. Get out of here with those pansy picks. Iron men, HA. Dick Butkus would rip them a part, spit at them and curse out the next 3 generations of their future families. you need a history lesson son. I really hope you are not a bear fan. Take this quote from a former NFL player. http://espn.go.com/sportscentury/features/00014131.html check this out That's why I said he's one of the best I've ever seen (Earl Campbell just quickly popped in my head, that dude was just insane, ran over everybody and now can barely walk, if that.) Mankind (Foley) is also very, very deserving.
  5. I don't believe he's playing until Monday, might pinch-hit today if possible, but from what I've read, he'll get another day off.
  6. Detroit-8 Toronto-5 Top of the 8th, 2 outs. This has been an interesting series. Battle of two teams who have both been flying out of the radar this season (I still feel personally that the Blue Jays are more for real than the Tigers.) It looks like that the Tigers might hold on so it will most likely be a 1 game lead so far against our sox unless the Jays can work some magic these last two innings.
  7. A cheater and a criminal. (I.E. Ozzie)
  8. SoxAce replied to shoota's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 02:14 PM) Yeah, tell me about it. This place needs more qwerty. The quietest he's ever been in soxtalk, which isn't good considering he will be the future holder of soxtalks' post record (over Mike.)
  9. Just caught the game in the 11th when Ozuna was batting (was at my sister's graduation) and I thought we had a good chance when though Wickman is tough. Awesome game to watch. Thank you Gooch.
  10. SoxAce replied to BigNDfan's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    I love WCIU. Only channel that I get that's really clear on T.V. for me.. Of course I'm probably the only backer of that station here since I do live in Chicago..
  11. Dick Butkus was always my personal favorite hard ass SOB.
  12. If/when Thome gets his average up, there's no question he's getting the MVP, he has been a beast. But since Dye has been more consistant, then yes, I would give it to him. Ichiro (who has amazingly heated up) and Alex Rios are also very deserving.
  13. You can put that on the board..... YES!!!
  14. QUOTE(WCSox @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 10:34 PM) If you're lucky. In the AL, I'll bet that a lot of #5's are in the 4.70-4.80 range. Hell, I was gonna say even a 4.90-5.00 even. Garland isn't even close to that right now.
  15. Major, MAJOR props to Brian Anderson for helping keepin this game close..
  16. Just 3 more for tha mav boyz. Go get em..!!
  17. SoxAce replied to shoota's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE(peanut33tillman @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 12:40 AM) What's the extent of Joe's injury?? is it anything serious?? Back spasms/sore lower back, nothing serious. Day-to-day.
  18. QUOTE(NYSox35 @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 08:31 AM) "Congratulations Kyle! I'm a lifelong White Sox fan and I look forward to a future rotation of Buerhle, Garland, McCarthy, and YOU. Best Wishes!" You should of scratched Garland's name and added Lumsden/Broadway..
  19. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 01:18 AM) Nelson is done for his career, and rightly so. And what a hellova career he had.
  20. QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 12:51 AM) He could even pick guys like A.J and Pods as well. Pods has really slumped.. again. His average is now .258. Unless he goes crazy in hitting, he won't be going this year.
  21. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 12:19 PM) 25. Joseph Hunter, CF, Missisippi State University I. Love. This. Pick.
  22. SoxAce replied to beautox's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Jenks will be holding on to that closer job with us for many, many years (pending injury.)
  23. SoxAce replied to Kalapse's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 12:13 AM) He's getting bigger because of food and I don't know if he has the work ethic to get into the weight room....he's known to be a bit lazy. Not a bit... He is "hella" lazy.. I love Cartman.
  24. SoxAce replied to maggsmaggs's topic in FutureSox Board
    QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 09:55 PM) Richard Brooks picked up a win as well. 4-5 with a 5.10 ERA now. Went 5.1IP, 7H, 4R, 2ER, 0BB's and 3K's. A fairly good outing for him. Brooks has really disappointed me this year. I still believe he's gonna be a good one, but he's got to get his head out of his ass... sort of speak...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.