Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 31, 2010 -> 12:24 PM) Really? Johnson had a solid game last night? That's good to hear, I still want to get something out of that guy. We stress it enough (same with Tyrus) over the years Balta. When a young player actually plays consistantly, he can succeed. JJ has a much better future than Tyrus though, because his BBall I.Q. is much, much higher. JJ was really good last night. This is also why I was very vocal on the Bulls acquiring another shooter. Pre-season is much different than the games that matter. Those shots Bogans and Deng were making in the pre-season when no one was guarding them.. won't happen as often when players actually give a s***. I would say it was more just a bad game for them (though that is the inconsistancy with Deng that were used to seeing) than them not hitting what they can't hit. Still costing Rose 3-5 assists a game.
  2. In an odd way, I can't wait to hear what J4L thinks about this.
  3. QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 28, 2010 -> 11:12 AM) I think there's about a 1% chance of that happening I wouldn't put it past Ozzie.
  4. QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 11:31 PM) And I would never, in no way shape or form, ever do anything to a friend of mine's girl. It's one of my personal never do's. My personal bro code (one of many). I don't do anything if they are together or even broken up no matter how hot the chick is. I've even had females who would have been very tight lipped about it all along (together or not with my guy), and still never did it. Weirdest one though was something involving one of my best friend's mother, but that's another story.
  5. Sorry I got this in so late, but thanks for the b-day wishes fellas. Been totally busy with the new job that I haven't had the time to celebrate. I will make the drunkies proud cause this guy is getting destroyed starting tonight and this weekend. I also hate wite, qwerty, tru, j4l and tmar with a passion for not commenting on the importance of this thread. (Jas gets a pass)
  6. I'm actually impressed with the thought from you Blixton. I didn't think many here knew about Engel Beltre yet alone Profar and Font. (who I didn't even know) You should post more often in the minor league thread on the future sox board. Always good to have a legitimate poster who knows about prospects and evaluations. Wouldn't mind knowing if theres any guys in the minors who know/played with or against. And other than DA, I've been very adamant on trading Danks. I'd rather give up Floyd or Buehrle. That's how highly I think of him.
  7. QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 20, 2010 -> 07:13 PM) He wont get the GG, but we all know he deserves it. He'll just be another statistic on guys who were robbed of it.
  8. QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 20, 2010 -> 06:36 PM) Does that make McCamey a huge douche as well? No idea on him. Turner has a rep though in Chicago since high school.
  9. QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 20, 2010 -> 11:45 AM) I read an article that mentioned the opposite from the coaching staff, so I think he is really just relaying the fans perspective after summer league. The coaching staff has said how hard working he is compared to their other players. The guy may not be a supreme athlete, but he's a workhouse that will make the most of his talent. Agreed 100%, but he is still a huge douche. Always has been. It's sad when Derrick Rose doesn't like you, and he is known as one of the easiest guys to get along with.
  10. QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 20, 2010 -> 11:53 AM) Other than Ranger and elrockinmt, I don't know of anyone who posts here that fits your description of a chronic homer. Shack and Greg for sure. I'd even put Heads on that list. QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 20, 2010 -> 02:37 PM) I'm sure I'm viewed as a pretty big homer around here, and I can't really dispute that. Carry on...
  11. QUOTE (dasox24 @ Oct 19, 2010 -> 03:52 PM) Ridiculous brawl at a semi-pro Canadian football game. I'm sure Ron Artest likes this... Awesome. Best part was 2:13-2:15 if anyone catches that.
  12. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 12:20 PM) The types of injuries are the centerpoint. We are talking about major shoulder and elbow problems versus ankle problems from running the bases and a freak muscle injury which happened after he got here, so it had no affect on the thought process of trading for Peavy. Great post. And interesting on Loux.
  13. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 19, 2010 -> 05:51 PM) Really? You can't do that one yourself in the time it took to write this post? Computer is very slow. I'm not at home since I got this new job, so I'm bouncing around relatives house for a couple weeks to be closer to work. So in other words... no.
  14. QUOTE (Wanne @ Oct 19, 2010 -> 02:13 PM) Tell ya what...I just have a bad feeling about him right now for some reason. He looked absolutely clueless at the plate this past year except for a few mini-streaks. Someone should pull up Beckham's stats post all-star break.
  15. Smart move. Quade isn't a "huge" saber guy, but he defintely uses the metric.
  16. QUOTE (DBAHO @ Oct 17, 2010 -> 06:49 AM) Certainly was a bit of a mis-match last night. Think you only scored 23 in the 1st half all together. Doesn't hurt one team was fresh while the other flew in late to play that night on a back to back. Thank god it's pre-season though. Bulls just looked sloppy from the get go.
  17. Seahawks (and Hester) gave Lovie's horrid decision alittle break (cept the timeouts). Earl Bennett leveled the punter.
  18. Still saddens me I missed this thanks to my computer f***ing up. I would have had the Bears last week and should still be in this game.
  19. That was a nice win. Sharp has been very good the last 2 games. Funny seeing him and Kopecky embrace each other after his goal. Just two years ago, they didn't like each other. Came full circle after the Cup and such. Turco was outstanding.
  20. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 16, 2010 -> 08:09 PM) Might have saved his career. Imagine him being in Oakland for 81 games instead of Coors Field? He might be no better than a platoon player. Balta FTW!
  21. Lets just hope Dwight Howard remembers it's pre-season and does not take out Rose tonight.
  22. Holy s*** Rangers lost?! I turned the channel when I saw them winning 5-0 in the 6th. (then 5-1 a bit later on, but still in control) Wow...
  23. QUOTE (T R U @ Oct 15, 2010 -> 10:11 PM) What? Hell no I am anti Dallas anything.. Dallas blows Sorry. Figured with the OOTP Texas pick and all that, since you live there. My bad Carl.
  24. Thank god Columbus is so terrible. Great win for the Hawks. I'm sure Krush, Steve, Tony, Critic, 2k5, Row, Rock, etc.. loved seeing Jassen Cullimore out there.
  25. QUOTE (T R U @ Oct 15, 2010 -> 10:06 PM) thank god, I want the Yankees to win I thought Texas was like your second distant team?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.