Everything posted by SoxAce
-
White Sox @ Tigers 5/18/10 Game Thread
All we need is a Hawks win tonight to top off this day!
-
White Sox @ Tigers 5/18/10 Game Thread
WOOO! 1 game SWEEPS! We are good at those this season.
-
White Sox @ Tigers 5/18/10 Game Thread
Avila?! Don Kelly?! I'm sure even Randy Williams can get these guys out.
-
White Sox @ Tigers 5/18/10 Game Thread
Ya I would have put in Pena for sure. Prove me wrong Bobby!
-
White Sox @ Tigers 5/18/10 Game Thread
Nix flies out. Perhaps this means Ozzie will take a closer look at him since getting on base doesn't seem to work.
-
White Sox @ Tigers 5/18/10 Game Thread
Carlos Quentin is alive today.
-
White Sox @ Tigers 5/18/10 Game Thread
Wooo! Santos 1st pressure situation and gives up.. nada.
-
White Sox @ Tigers 5/18/10 Game Thread
Jones first CS of the season.
-
2010 MLB Draft Catch All
QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ May 18, 2010 -> 01:33 PM) I'm expecting someone like Workman or Wimmers. At least this way I can't be disappointed... or I'll just be less disappointed. If it is Wimmers, I'll be a bit disappointed to be honest. And Texas pitchers scare me, so I'm shot on Workman.
-
White Sox @ Tigers 5/18/10 Game Thread
Konerko's numbers are going down a bit. This is where other guys have to pick it up cause you knew guys like Konerko, Jones, Rios wouldn't stay hot forever.
-
HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!
QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 18, 2010 -> 12:27 PM) I dont know the numbers. Id just rather not give up on a young good goalie. If that means other pieces have to go, so be it (imo). But as long as the Hawks can keep their core group together and have a solid goalie, they have a chance to compete. That is why I suggested trading for one with enormous potential. If i'm trading guys like Versteeg/Sharp/Byfuglien/Bolland/etc.. I would want a young franchise goalie back (like a Bernier, Schneider, Price, etc..) or you keep Niemi and draft a goalie to groom for the long haul if the brass doesn't feel Niemi is the future/doesn't have that much upside. Montreal has to make a decision on Halak as well as he is playing out of his mind right now, and will also cost alot as a RFA and they still have Price. (though I would think they want to keep Halak) Other teams as well.
-
2010 MLB Draft Catch All
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 18, 2010 -> 01:26 PM) Right, now i've pretty firmly set on wanting Austin Wilson to be our pick. That's predicated by the belief that Raunado will be taken before that. IF he isn't i'd like to bring him. After that we need to get a projectable LHP and some middle infield depth that can swing the bat. As I said in the catch-all thread, I still think we are taking a pitcher with our first pick. (and rightfully so) I don't think you'll be disappointed if it's the current M.O. we've been doing. (high upside guy) I got a few guys in mind, just hope we don't select a "safe" pick. Raunado scares me a bit, but you know I still love him.
-
White Sox @ Tigers 5/18/10 Game Thread
This is the type of park Juan Pierre would thrive in.
-
Unload...
QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 18, 2010 -> 01:24 PM) Ozzie is a pretty bad in game manager, pretty bad at match ups. His only good trait was that he seemingly worked well with the team and got them to play at a higher level than maybe they should have. The last few years he has not brought much to the table. I like Ozzie and hell always have 2005, but if you want change, it starts at the top. I agree with you 100% and I've talked about this before in the past.
-
HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!
I agree with Rock that the way he is playing, he will be out of the price range for the Hawks. Some team can offer him 3+ mil. We net draft picks back if we don't match. At this point, that will be a very tough decision especially when we still have to move Huet, Sopel, etc.. perhaps even 1 or 2 of Sharp/Versteeg/Byfuglien/Bolland.
-
2010 MLB Draft Catch All
DirtySox take a bow!
-
2010 Minor League Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (DirtySox @ May 18, 2010 -> 01:05 PM) Forum needs a dedicated draft thread imo. They usually have one for the actual draft itself (in fact 2 of them 1 for rounds 1-4 and the other for rounds 5-on), but that wouldn't be a bad idea.
-
White Sox @ Tigers 5/18/10 Game Thread
How bout that. Detroit fans were saying Pierre sucks and is horrible and he gets his 2nd XBH of the year and DRIVES IN 2 runs. Perhaps sox fans should start doing that at the cell.
-
White Sox @ Tigers 5/18/10 Game Thread
QUOTE (docsox24 @ May 18, 2010 -> 12:43 PM) i thought they gave up on him too fast. he only played 2 real seasons and had over .800 ops both years. then the next year he didnt even get an at bat! They did.. but that is another discussion for another day.
-
HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 18, 2010 -> 12:46 AM) Quick question: where do people stand with Niemi as far as the future of this team? Is he the guy for the future or do we still look to get a veteran goalie this offseason? I'm torn on him to be honest. I think the best case would still to be trade for a young goalie with great potential (Bernier, Schneider, Price, etc..) and build him with Kane/Toews, but Niemi is a solid fairly young player in his own right (and you know if he helps win the cup, people in Chicago want that goalie back). IF he doesn't cost you too much (remember we still have to re-sign him as a RFA and manage the cap) you do it and perhaps draft a goalie in the future to groom, unless the org. feels Niemi is the future for another 10+ years. No doubt it should be Niemi/Crawford next year.
-
Put Blackwood in! who's with me?
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 18, 2010 -> 12:32 PM) I like the enthusiasm and appreciate the information girlslikebaseball. Welcome aboard!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^
-
PTC Tuesday May 18th, 2010
Jones.
-
2010 Minor League Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 17, 2010 -> 11:17 PM) Wilson > Brentz And I'm saying this right now and not after the fact. I'll be extremely disappointed if we don't take Wilson at #13 if he's on the board. I still think we are taking a pitcher with our first pick. (and rightfully so) I don't think you'll be disappointed if it's the current M.O. we've been doing. (high upside guy) I got a few guys in mind, just hope we don't select a "safe" pick.
-
Unload...
QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ May 17, 2010 -> 11:55 PM) You ain't my f***in pimp you expletively expletivie expletive!!!!! I owe you money?!?! Put down the crack pipe. As far as OPS, I'll take whatever your bet is. Putting up that line in the Major Leagues isn't some walk in the park. By good I mean a good starting catcher. And IMO the odds are against Tyroid. BTW I don't know why you always think I'm wrong and you're right, you're always the one who is wrong. You're more wrong than Hawk in a thong and this is going to prove it. But you won't remember. After Flowers busts you'll be talking about how you were right a year from now. Haha, you do what you always do. b**** and moan, drop a few expletive bombs to a reply from another poster, then when (or IF) the poster is right you don't show up for a month or two, then show up again, b**** and moan, drop a few expletive bombs to a reply from another poster, and when (or IF) the poster is right, don't show up for another month or two. I honestly don't know if that is by accident or if that is planned, but it is really quite impressive. BTW, I am yo pimp yo.. whateva whateva, I do what i want!
-
5/17 Games
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 17, 2010 -> 11:05 PM) REALLY glad that Viciedo for the most part has alleviated a lot of the concerns I had about him just a month ago. The BB% is very disturbing, though. There's no way to spin 4 BB in 37 games at the AAA level into a positive. And I'm really getting worried about Jordan Danks. The K pace he's on is beyond embarrassing. This guy is nowhere near ML ready. And I thought Viciedo had a one-two year stint down there in AAA that would help the kid. I like Jordan taking walks (and the XBH), but when you are K'ing more than a power hitting who is also 3 years younger, that is not gonna help your chances.