Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 11:47 PM) 1. Gutierrez 2. Upton 3. Jones 4. Cameron 5. Granderson 6. Rios 5th or 6th is appropriate I'd think. BTW Jones, is Adam Jones, not Andruw. I would put Cameron before Jones personally (still don't think people know he is still damn good out there) but all in all, I agree with this though a now healthy Sizemore might thump Granderson off the list. QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 11:37 PM) God do I hate ESPN. Nomar said on Baseball Tonight that there is good diversity in their lineup. He said we have a great thing at the top of the order with Alexei Ramirez. He also said "Juan Pierre, who is great in that 2-hole." Then Bobby Valentine said that Beckham will remind people a ton of Nomar, and that he'll bring up the bottom of the order. Their show an hour ago was better informed and that is not saying much. Kruk changed his pick from the Twins to us because of our pitching and Nathan's injury. Valentine picked us all along I believe though.
  2. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 12:04 AM) Brandon Wood looks absolutely horrible. It's now or never for him this year. Seems like he's been a prospect since I was in HS. I was never a fan of his even as a prospect. He has unreal power.. but K's so much he'd make Jordan Danks (far as prospects) wanna blush. Still stunning to me he's only 24 (like you said.. he's been a top prospect since I was 18-19 years old posting here) so he still has time but he really has to cut down on his K's which I don't see happening with his swing. On another note.. Sox and Tigers tied for first already. Someone start the magic number countdown.
  3. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 07:27 PM) Sean Marshall is the only Cub i can root for. I think it's because that organization dicks him around constantly. Reminds me of my post last week. Ya I was a big fan of his when he was at VCU. Thought the Cubs nabbed the steal of the draft that year. Still like him and there are a couple others. (Love D-Lee, Gorzalanny [not his pitching, but his southside roots aka a sox fan) Most runs the Cubs have allowed on opening day since 1884 (lost 15-1 that year) is crazy to think about. Atlant.. most runs they scored on opening day since 1900. (when they were the Boston Braves)
  4. QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 10:45 PM) Okay, here we go. You're reading too much into this. It's the same as me calling 'em p*****s. Does this really need to be explained? God, I hope not. Let me clarify that I could not possibly care less about politics. I would much rather watch paint dry as opposed to checking out threads in the Filibuster. Both Jenksy Cat and Dick Allen said that they were booing him at USCF. This thread is beginning to take on a Twilight Zone type feel. Is it politically incorrect for me to call this man a retard: Seems perfectly acceptable to me. I've missed ya bro. Good to see one of my personal favorite posters on the board. Usually though you can be a cock tease and post a little, then disappear for a month.
  5. QUOTE (whtsoxfan @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 10:45 PM) Wasn't he also responsible for bringing Dennis Rodman in for the next series Bulls championships? Yes he was. The Bulls at that time were lacking a big rebounding threat. Krause saw that and got Dennis despite the "problems." Rodman's defense was just the extra bonus.
  6. QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 05:55 PM) It was exciting if not unnecessary. I still think Wise's catch trumps all because of the circumstances, but that's just me.
  7. Great start by the pitching for the season. Buehrle's play will definitely be around for a long time. Rios (despite being robbed of a hit, though he had a homer later) was good all around as well.
  8. If we are still doing it (came in 4th place in 04, 3rd in 05, year off in 06, 2nd in 07, 7th or 8th in 08, year off in 09 so we'll see what happens this year ) I'm going with Rios Alexei.
  9. QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 01:12 AM) Gibson seems to be much much much more efficient and consistent. Not to mention a better defender and a much, much better basketball I.Q. than Gooden. If he puts on muscle, I see him as a poor man's Carlos Boozer actually. (he was compared to Vin Baker comming out, which I can definitely see as well from their similar body builds, and if he improves his game)
  10. I just noticed 67 degrees... That isn't very cold at all, so I expect a big day for Alexei.
  11. SoxAce replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (3E8 @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 11:25 PM) Where have you gone And to follow this up, what do you consider good?
  12. QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 09:51 PM) Him hitting 5th is almost as bad. He's better than A.J. hitting there at least. This will be the first opener in I think 3 years I'll be watching. I hate being layed off, but at that for tomorrow, it does have a good benefit.
  13. Wow.. Red Sox making it a game now. Hate watching these teams play, but this is the opening to the baseball season.
  14. QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 08:52 PM) Here's your Barons' roster: al.com story He will probably never make it, but Greg Paiml going to AA with the Barons, as a player, is an outstanding story. I'm sure JPN will have a good time seeing that kid play in his hometown. I find it interesting though that the sox are now making Jhonny Nunez a starting pitcher. McCulloch (unfortunately still here) will be in the bullpen as will Rasner it seems. Barons won't be nearly as strong as last year, but their defense overall is much better. QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 09:18 PM) Very interesting to see them list Jhonny Nunez as a starter. Read my mind.
  15. QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 06:22 PM) But I think Noah could be the second coming of Rodman. And be 15-20. QUOTE (DBAHO @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 08:03 PM) Also I think you're being overly optimistic on Noah's output. 15-20? More like 15-10 going forward. I think you both are being way too kind with his point totals and one is overrating his rebounding effiency and the other is underrating it. Noah was around 11+ RPG before he got hurt. Factor in the Bulls hopefully getting another scoring player next season (preferably 2 guard) and I don't think Noah will have as many chances at scoring other than the offensive rebounding put-backs he's very good at. I see 10-12 maybe 11-13 going forward from him which is very solid. When healthy, he'll probably be one of the top 5 rebounding bigs in the game.
  16. QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 07:47 PM) NEVAR!! im a good guy now, no more dougly jokes Leave them for the chat.
  17. QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 08:34 PM) I wish people would stop using Sabermetrics as the reason the Red Sox are good and look at the money. I would say it is different for certain teams. The Cubs and Mets were horrid with big payrolls and a team like Tampa Bay contends using Sabermetrics. It's more along how well a GM orchestrates a team while being smart with money or how well scouts draft these high round prospects also. Teams like the Red Sox, Braves, etc.. and smaller markets like the Twins, Rays, Rockies, etc.. are outstanding in it.
  18. QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 07:28 PM) who is you be? Don't make me put the word out and get your ass banned again. QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 08:24 PM) I love CSN random hockey via Versus/Comcast Sharks v. Avs Go Avs! Sharks loss only helps the Hawks get closer to the top spot. (1 pt away if they lose)
  19. QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 07:18 PM) McNabb traded within the division to the Redskins. Boy you had me nervous for a minute. I thought it was in our division (notably Vikings, since they might be tired of waiting for Favre.
  20. QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 08:05 PM) being banned is not fun.. i was banned back in 2006 but was let back in on good behavior No thank yous are necessary. QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 08:06 PM) Forecasts for tomorrow: Accuweather: 69 and rain at noon, 70 and clear by 1:00, rain again at 6:00. Wind: WSW at 6 MPH Weather.com: 67 and sunny at 1pm, no rain in the forcast. Wind: WSW at 11 MPH wunderground.com: 65 and partly cloudy at 1pm, rain by 7:00. Wind: South at 5 MPH Ah.. hopefully judging by that we get this one in nicely.
  21. QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 04:33 PM) Injins lineup: Cabrera Sizemore Choo Hafner Peralta LaPorta Grudzielanek Marson Brantley Westbrook pitching. Go Burls. Noone likes Sizemore hitting 3rd it seems.
  22. Of course our opening day starts off with a poster who gets banned.. QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 04:38 PM) It's wasn't Brando, nor JimH, FYI. Ya I know who it was as soon as you typed this. (shocked noone else has figured it out) Oh well.
  23. Mike still hates him.
  24. Ima miss out this whole week, but I'll be on next week with the regulars to bother.
  25. Great performance by Niemi.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.