chitownsportsfan
Members
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: 2027 Rotation
Everything posted by chitownsportsfan
-
All Star Game Thread
is that the first time he rocked the chain? If so I dig it. swag it up dude.
-
All Star Game Thread
Yep it's a positive reinforcement for him I think that's important.
-
All Star Game Thread
Tanaka is a fucking All Star? Awesome. Just put the entire Yankees team in.
-
All Star Game Thread
blacked out on MLB.tv and fox local comes in like shit in this part of town. Great job MLB I'll just go stream it illegally.
-
All Star Jose Abreu
As a fan of the laundry and not just the names on the back I'm thrilled. Sounds like a guy that will take a massive home team discount so we can pay other guys that are (frankly) better and younger. Everybody wins.
-
All Star Jose Abreu
Good. Maybe he'll play for free. Someone should ask him. If he wants this team to succeed and build a winner he can offer two things this offseason: 1) become open to primary being a DH. Maybe he could talk to Edgar or Frank about it I'm not kidding. Edgar has said on Mariner radio out here that at the end of his career when he was DHing he learned to use the video room in the stadium in between ABs to try and get an edge and it helped him. Jose need to learn similar tricks to the transition. 2) Offer a massive home town discount. I'm talking 20-30% over fair market value. Fair market value is probably 2 years 20 million (assuming he finishes around 120 wRC+ and 2 fWAR). So take 2 years 16 million with a club option for 5 million on the back. There, you're a Sox for the next three years most likely now do some winning and hit a shitload of important HR. Also, given his love of Chicago the Sox need to get creative with the "personal services" side. If he wants stuff for his wife and kids (luxury box, access to a team vehicle, and so on) give it to him no questions asked, as long as it's not a Drake LaRoche style request.
-
All Star Lucas Giolito
As much as I like to see our guys in the ASG whenever a SP is involved it's always "get in there, get three outs, and get out healthy". Felt the same about Sale.
-
7/9 Games
right on. I'm excited about the dude from what I'm reading. I think I posted it earlier today (been a long day) but looking at BP's list of mid season top 50 guys it's amazing how many 15-16 year old Latin kids nobody had heard of a few years ago are now on that list from mostly three or four orgs: NYY, Rays, Braves and Astros. It's great to strike on the big fish like Robert but if you can find Robert at 15 instead of 19 you've got a massive leg up on the league.
-
7/9 Games
first one they didn't trade away perhaps.
-
You're White Sox GM and can see a year and a half into the future....
You can plan a pretty picnic but you can't predict the weather!
-
You're White Sox GM and can see a year and a half into the future....
Interesting thread for an off day. If I knew that 88 wins was what it would take I'd bring up Robert but not Madrigal, mostly just because I think Nick can benefit from more time down there whereas Robert probably won't. For your scenarios I'd go with option 1.
- Moncada
- Moncada
-
Sox claim 1b A.J. Reed off waivers AND send him to majors
- Sox claim 1b A.J. Reed off waivers AND send him to majors
Yea he's an asset even when his bat cools off to the 270/320/400 level and it almost certainly will. Great find by the Sox staff he's made some mechanical improvements and appears to have improved his true talent level.- Sox claim 1b A.J. Reed off waivers AND send him to majors
OK cool glad to know I'm not too old yet. It was popular when I was playing in the early aughts.- Sox claim 1b A.J. Reed off waivers AND send him to majors
well we skewed that into Moncada and Kopech, two guys who should combine for about 40 WAR on the South Side in the next 5 years. The 1st round picks haven't been a huge problem it's been finding and developing position players (high school guys really) later in the draft and finding the 15-16 year old Latin kids before they blow up and then developing them. Looking at BPs list last night I was blown away by how the Rays and Astros and Yankees are able to unearth these Latin kids before they get pricey.- Moncada
Yea his xBABIP I believe is like 350-370 depending on what calculator you want to use so even if you regress his line down 20-30 points it's still a wRC+ around 130. He hits the shit out of the ball and is one of the fastest guys to 1B in all of baseball. Not a great baserunner but can bust it down the line.- Sox claim 1b A.J. Reed off waivers AND send him to majors
Good. Get Castillo up here and flip him for a Tatis Jr type, maybe we can get lucky on a lotto ticket for once. He's a 1 WAR backup catcher maybe a bit more if you value his splits against lefties should be able to net a C+ type prospect some org's #15-20 type.- Sox claim 1b A.J. Reed off waivers AND send him to majors
"cock shot" seems to have fallen out of favor since when I was playing but if you miss your share of "cock shots" at any level you aren't much of a hitter.- Sox claim 1b A.J. Reed off waivers AND send him to majors
that appears to the be the writing on the wall. they didn't give half a fuck about starting his arb clock and jerking him around a bit. hey, if their self scouting has improved to the point where they can see the obvious (Collins is currently a borderline MLB player and might never be much more) and are willing to write off a mistake good on them.- Sox claim 1b A.J. Reed off waivers AND send him to majors
If he's only going to play a couple times a week they might as well just let him play 5-6 times a week in Charlotte imo. I dunno, it's a puzzling situation this Reed guy is even less of a prospect than Collins.- Castillo begins rehab assignment
I've seen collins catch all of one game in MLB. From that sample I have concluded he is better than Omar by quite a bit. His lower body is quieter, for example. Is he prime Ron Karkovice with the arm and blocking? Well no but he's tolerable once or twice a week back there from what I've seen. He needs to hit tho or it doesn't matter one bit.- Sox claim 1b A.J. Reed off waivers AND send him to majors
can't take a loose there.- All Star events
touche. - Sox claim 1b A.J. Reed off waivers AND send him to majors