chitownsportsfan
Members
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: Munemania: Rated 100/10
Everything posted by chitownsportsfan
-
Someones gotta do it: Sox @ Twins 8/30
QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Aug 30, 2017 -> 09:43 PM) I don't think it;s that far fetched. Not with how mediocre the league and division look. Tigers are going to be awful and KC probably won't be much better. Minny isn't any great shakes and Cle is not a team that's going to just rampage through the division games either. Sox should absolutely be looking to "compete" next year. And by that (why it's in quotes) I just mean not obviously tanking like they did at times this year. See what happens.
-
Someones gotta do it: Sox @ Twins 8/30
QUOTE (Scoots @ Aug 30, 2017 -> 09:13 PM) Does it amaze anyone else that Minnesota was just absolutely awful last year (remember that long winless streak they had to start the season), and this year they have a wild card spot if playoffs were to start tomorrow, end of August. Just nuts how that works. Granted there still is a month left, but the Twins are almost always the small market underdog team in the league to make a push for the playoffs (although they never get very far) They are a mediocre team with a negative pythag (some luck in close games) that is "in the playoff hunt" because of the 2nd WC. Honestly this is about where the Sox should be in 2019, maybe even next year.
-
Someones gotta do it: Sox @ Twins 8/30
QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 30, 2017 -> 09:15 PM) What did he do wrong tonight? Just watch his f***ing ABs. I'm sick of it. Reached a boiling point tonight watching him. He needs a slump buster offseason.
-
Someones gotta do it: Sox @ Twins 8/30
Tim Anderson f***ing sucks. He need to just completely throw this season out the window. He has made zero progress at the plate and has gone backwards. Sick of seeing his ABs frankly. I was a huge fan after what he did in AAA and last year in MLB but FFS dude at a certain point doing the same thing over and over and over again is the def of insanity. I bet he's glad he signed that deal. Right now he does not look like a MLB player.
-
Someones gotta do it: Sox @ Twins 8/30
Keep losing boys.
-
Reynaldo getting the call and the ball on Friday
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 30, 2017 -> 06:46 PM) Lopey? cool.
-
Fantastic Starts and Where to Not Find Them
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 30, 2017 -> 03:44 PM) One more, for old times sake The main positive for Jose this year, aside from that he's still a 300/350/530 hitter, has been his health. I believe he's either missed one game or played all of them. He's a nice 3-4 WAR 1B. Not quite the star I hoped for, but certainly a good player and a great leader.
- 8/29 Games
-
Kopech will have a chance to win a rotation spot next spring
This is smart on many levels. One, it motivates Kopech, who from his twitter, seems a bit frustrated he's not already in MLB. Two, it motivates the fanbase and will probably sell some more spring training tickets and trips now. And lastly there's no downside come April 4th when they send him to AAA like they planned all along.
-
Moncada to get MRI
Any updates here or what? Is he going to return after his DL stint is up next week?
-
Delmonico overcame adderall addiction
QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 24, 2017 -> 05:53 PM) Kind of odd how bad it got. Went from "lost my edge without it and felt dreadful" to "I gotta go to rehab" really quick. I've taken prescription amphetamines since I was in my early 20s and it would suck to get used to not using them again and would probably affect my ability to keep my job. But I don't know what I'd get out of rehab because I'd either have the stuff or I wouldn't. But, of course, I'm not addicted—the drugs are treating an illness, of course I should feel badly without them even after the withdrawal fades. With that said, good for him to deal with whatever happened and get back to baseball. I always wondelred what caused him to leave the Brewers like that. Ur addicted bud, trust me.
-
Your 2018 Chicago White Sox Opening Day Lineup
QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Aug 24, 2017 -> 02:21 PM) There really isn't going to be a 40 man roster crunch. All of those guys sans Hanson should be safe (assuming Willy has an option left). The Sox are going to have around ten 40 man spots to play with between FA, Rule 5 additions (both internal and external) and any trade acquisitions. And Avi and Abreu are really the only guys on the roster that are tradeable that would bring back assets that would need to be protected. Larry on SSS did a good break down and there will be a crunch. https://www.southsidesox.com/2017/8/18/1615...coming-whitesox
-
Your 2018 Chicago White Sox Opening Day Lineup
QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Aug 24, 2017 -> 10:27 AM) CF Leury 2B Moncada RF Avi 1B Abreu LF Delmonico DH Davidson SS Anderson C Smith 3B Sanchez P Rodon Rotation: Shields, Lopez, Giolito, VET FA Bench: C Narvaez, 1B/3B/SS/LF/RF Cordell, INF Saladino, OF Willy Garcia Next Guys Up: 2B/3B/LF Peter, Utility Hanson, P Fulmer, OF Liriano, P Danish 'Pen: Jones, Petricka, Putnam, Bummer, Minaya, Purke, Clarke Some of these guys like Willy, Saladino, Hanson, Smith won't survive a 40 man pair down. I'd be pretty surprised if one of the four isn't DFA. Otherwise, that lineup looks good just replace Davidson with The bessssssssss in July.
-
Uh, there's a game going on: Twinkies @ Sox 8/23
James Shields thinks the ball is juiced I can tell ya that.
-
Uh, there's a game going on: Twinkies @ Sox 8/23
Beep Beep! Nice to have some speed on the roster.
-
Uh, there's a game going on: Twinkies @ Sox 8/23
He honestly is starting to remind me of Dunn. In good ways and bad, at the plate.
-
Uh, there's a game going on: Twinkies @ Sox 8/23
Moncada has some really great takes on off speed stuff low.
-
Uh, there's a game going on: Twinkies @ Sox 8/23
James Shields has good stuff tonight through one. Haven't said that very often.
-
Uh, there's a game going on: Twinkies @ Sox 8/23
TA looks like a big nerd in those glasses.
-
Delmonico overcame adderall addiction
Wow, I had a family member go through similar and 45 days sounds about right just to get back into everyday life without the drug. Adderall is a serious f***ing drug that is way over prescribed, especially to teens. Good job Delmonico.
-
A Star is Born
FWIW B-REF has Moncada as the perfectly average player so far. He's been slightly below average with the bat, slightly above average with the glove, and he's 4 runs above replacement and at exactly zero wins above average. It's been far from a disastrous start, despite the batting average.
-
8/22- Twins @ White Sox
Leury is such a clown at times.
-
8/22 Games
QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 22, 2017 -> 09:09 PM) Jimenez double The Machine and the bessssssss
-
8/22- Twins @ White Sox
Wow, beautiful fastball. Almost wonder if that was planned to shake off 4 times then throw the heater. Nice.
-
8/22- Twins @ White Sox
Giolito looks like a guy that is going to pitch his best "effectively wild".